Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Just stating the facts, JL... Florida (largely Broward County) can't seem to hold an election without some sort of election shenanigans (as Frank would say). In 2016 it was Brenda Snipes illegally destroying ballots (which she was convicted of) and backroom stuffing of election ballots. This year it is mixing in bad provisionals ballots with good ones and not complying to court orders. And lets not even talk about the 2000 elections. If you are not seeing any evidence of election shenanigans going on then you are not looking hard enough.
    This is funny coming from someone who doesn't give a fuck about Russian inteference, and in fact thinks it's a funny meme. You're altright is showing.

Comment

Just stating the facts, JL... Florida (largely Broward County) can't seem to hold an election without some sort of election shenanigans (as Frank would say). In 2016 it was Brenda Snipes illegally destroying ballots (which she was convicted of) and backroom stuffing of election ballots. This year it is mixing in bad provisionals ballots with good ones and not complying to court orders. And lets not even talk about the 2000 elections. If you are not seeing any evidence of election shenanigans going on then you are not looking hard enough.
      Actually, you weren't. None of the incidents in the article you linked suggest, let along support, the commission of fraud as you said in your first post. Screw-ups, even incompetence at times (hardly unique to Broward County) yes, but not fraud. In fact, a linked article beneath the one you provided reported that a federal judge found no fraud in an earlier case brought against the county earlier.

But I get that you're just playing around, mimicking Trump and Hannity who don't give a crap about truth while accusing others of election fraud without any basis in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        In the context of expressing some sensitivity and presidential leadership with regard to the california fires, who the hell cares? You are as tone deaf as he is, it seems.
        These are separate issues. I care about elections. I have been complaining about the great lack of security with regards to these voting machines forever. Dems don't seem to give a rat's ass about who is voting or not. (e.g., voter ID and the lack of Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails)

About those fires in California, yes that is bad. What has California tried to do about preventing those? Other than complaining to the federal government they are are doing enough?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Actually, you weren't. None of the incidents in the article you linked suggest, let along support, the commission of fraud as you said in your first post. Screw-ups, even incompetence at times (hardly unique to Broward County) yes, but not fraud. In fact, a linked article beneath the one you provided reported that a federal judge found no fraud in an earlier case brought against the county earlier.

But I get that you're just playing around, mimicking Trump and Hannity who don't give a crap about truth while accusing others of election fraud without any basis in fact.
          Note that I didn't say fraud but shenanigans... to a lot of people this smells like fraud because folks in Florida can't seem to get their sh*t together and run a decent election. They only have one job to do. Why do they keep f*cking it up? This is not good when it happens over and over again.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

These are separate issues. I care about elections. I have been complaining about the great lack of security with regards to these voting machines forever. Dems don't seem to give a rat's ass about who is voting or not. (e.g., voter ID and the lack of Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails)

About those fires in California, yes that is bad. What has California tried to do about preventing those? Other than complaining to the federal government they are are doing enough?
            Do you think that, given the number of terrible fires in California over the past many years, fire prevention hasn't been a major priority? BTW, your question is like asking what Texas is doing about hurricanes.

Sure, even more needs to be done, but the timing and content of Trump's lone tweet on the subject is akin to visiting a widow on the day of her husband's death and announcing he should have taken better care of himself. Even if true, he's still an asshole.

Comment

Note that I didn't say fraud but shenanigans... to a lot of people this smells like fraud because folks in Florida can't seem to get their sh*t together and run a decent election. They only have one job to do. Why do they keep f*cking it up? This is not good when it happens over and over again.
              I was referring to your first post:

There were screw-ups that need to be addressed but I see these as very different from fraud or willfully trying to change election results.

Comment

I was referring to your first post:

There were screw-ups that need to be addressed but I see these as very different from fraud or willfully trying to change election results.
                Destroying ballots smells like election fraud to a lot of people. What good reason is there to destroy ballots? Without the ballots there is no audit trail, just like voting machines without VVPATs.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Do you think that, given the number of terrible fires in California over the past many years, fire prevention hasn't been a major priority? BTW, your question is like asking what Texas is doing about hurricanes.
                  Again, you are comparing two different issues. When even very liberal Mother Jones is critical of the government policies on tree and grass lands management then you know something is wrong...

A Century of Fire Suppression Is Why California Is in Flames
                  [...]
                  “We have 100 years of fire suppression that has led to this huge accumulation of fuel loads, just dead and downed debris from trees and plant material in our forests, and in our woodlands,” says Berleman. “As a result of that, our forests and woodlands are not healthy, and we’re getting more catastrophic fire behavior than we would otherwise.”
                  [...]
                  https://www.motherjones.com/environm...-is-in-flames/

When is the last time you have seen a controlled burn? They use to do these but then they had one get away from them in Los Alamos, NM which resulted in 100's of homes lost. That is really the last time I have heard of the government doing controlled burns.

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Sure, even more needs to be done, but the timing and content of Trump's lone tweet on the subject is akin to visiting a widow on the day of her husband's death and announcing he should have taken better care of himself. Even if true, he's still an asshole.
                  Yeah, Drumpf is an asshole. But a lot of time the asshole is actually right.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• smh at all of you still engaging Ted in a political thread.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• The UT 'bot is in rare form today. Careening the discussion from deadly wildfires to very questionable election fraud is impressive work. And then expressing sympathy to the displaced thousands with a Trumpesque attack on the state (and liberals!) is <chef's kiss>.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

Folks, when PAC starts swearing, you know someone has gotten under his kevlar-like skin. It's like seeing Bob Hope pissed off at a USO show and dropping an F-bomb on live tv.

Trump is sometimes so tone deaf and mean spirited that one wonders if The Onion hacked his Twitter feed. It's like aspergers is competing in his mind with turrets to see who can say the most unbelievable thing in 280 characters. Scoring also apparently awards exclamation points.

What really sucks is that Trump is right. The forest is mismanaged, and the jackass who said this is caused by years of fire suppression is an idiot. He's also guilty of playing the blame game just like Trump. The problem is that this isn't the time to say it. Every politician does it, using a crisis to 'call for common sense legislation' on this, that, or the other. Trump just does the hold my beer with his approach. Tragedies and crises are times when public figures should be offering support and leading recovery efforts. There's time for blame and policy change later.
                        sigpic
                        "Outlined against a blue, gray
                        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

When is the last time you have seen a controlled burn?
                          Last week. Here in California.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                            Folks, when PAC starts swearing, you know someone has gotten under his kevlar-like skin. It's like seeing Bob Hope pissed off at a USO show and dropping an F-bomb on live tv.

Trump is sometimes so tone deaf and mean spirited that one wonders if The Onion hacked his Twitter feed. It's like aspergers is competing in his mind with turrets to see who can say the most unbelievable thing in 280 characters. Scoring also apparently awards exclamation points.

What really sucks is that Trump is right. The forest is mismanaged, and the jackass who said this is caused by years of fire suppression is an idiot. He's also guilty of playing the blame game just like Trump. The problem is that this isn't the time to say it. Every politician does it, using a crisis to 'call for common sense legislation' on this, that, or the other. Trump just does the hold my beer with his approach. Tragedies and crises are times when public figures should be offering support and leading recovery efforts. There's time for blame and policy change later.
                            Yeah, you've probably picked up on the subtle signals I send that Trump irritates me more than any politician in my lifetime. And I concede that Trump is right, vaguely, that better policies and management are needed; it's just that he is so ignorant about pretty much every policy that he will never be the one to improve the situation. Indeed, for me a good first step would be to get rid of the chief executive of the entity that owns vastly more forests and fire-endangered lands than any other owner.

And since I have the floor... I liked Jonah Goldberg's recent column in The National Review that rips on Trump for his one-way approach to loyalty (and defends Sessions, though Goldberg is no fan of the canned AG):
                            In Trump’s best-selling book, The Art of the Deal, there’s a fascinating passage about his mentor, infamous lawyer/fixer Roy Cohn. “He was a truly loyal guy,” Trump wrote. “It was a matter of honor with him.”

He went on: “Just compare that with all the hundreds of ‘respectable’ guys who make careers out of boasting about their uncompromising integrity but have absolutely no loyalty. . . . Roy was the sort of guy who’d be there at your hospital bed long after everyone else had bailed out, literally standing by you to the death.”

But it was a one-way street. When Cohn contracted AIDS, “Donald found out about it and just dropped him like a hot potato,” Susan Bell, Cohn’s longtime secretary, told Politico. “It was like night and day.” [I'd read elsewhere the Trump refused to visit Cohn in the hospital or the final weeks of Cohn's life]
                            As Goldberg concludes: "Trump had him fired (he refused to even talk to Sessions personally) because at the end of the day, the only truly important thing in Trump world is Trump." I would welcome any evidence that the foregoing is incorrect.

Comment

Yeah, you've probably picked up on the subtle signals I send that Trump irritates me more than any politician in my lifetime. And I concede that Trump is right, vaguely, that better policies and management are needed; it's just that he is so ignorant about pretty much every policy that he will never be the one to improve the situation. Indeed, for me a good first step would be to get rid of the chief executive of the entity that owns vastly more forests and fire-endangered lands than any other owner.

And since I have the floor... I liked Jonah Goldberg's recent column in The National Review that rips on Trump for his one-way approach to loyalty (and defends Sessions, though Goldberg is no fan of the canned AG):

As Goldberg concludes: "Trump had him fired (he refused to even talk to Sessions personally) because at the end of the day, the only truly important thing in Trump world is Trump." I would welcome any evidence that the foregoing is incorrect.
                              If any such evidence existed, I think it would have come out by now.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post

That's not what Trump is doing. You're giving waaaaaaay too much credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X