Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Obama's "I've visited 57 states" was an off-the-cuff comment (he meant 47) at the end of a long campaign day. Yet it's cited by Trump's acolytes tasked with defending Trump's misstatements (which are legion). But really Ted, surely you see the difference between a slip of the tongue (easily corrected later), and sitting down with heads of state and lecturing them for a few minutes about something that they and their countries had absolutely nothing to do with. It wasn't a slip of the tongue; it was a combination of arrogance and breathtaking stupidity.
    Clearly Drumpf doesn't give a rat's ass about the Baltics, Balkins, or whatever... Reminds of a great press conference back in April:

I hope Alec doesn't have to serve too much time for his recent assault thing over that dumb parking space.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Clearly Drumpf doesn't give a rat's ass about the Baltics, Balkins, or whatever... Reminds of a great press conference back in April:

I hope Alec doesn't have to serve too much time for his recent assault thing over that dumb parking space.
      Trump never served time for his assaults.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Trump never served time for his assaults.
        Reverse what aboutism!
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Obama's "I've visited 57 states" was an off-the-cuff comment (he meant 47) at the end of a long campaign day. Yet it's cited by Trump's acolytes tasked with defending Trump's misstatements (which are legion). But really Ted, surely you see the difference between a slip of the tongue (easily corrected later), and sitting down with heads of state and lecturing them for a few minutes about something that they and their countries had absolutely nothing to do with. It wasn't a slip of the tongue; it was a combination of arrogance and breathtaking stupidity.
          Wasn’t it Obama that thought that Austrians speak Austrian?
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            In his defense he was just reading what it said on the teleprompter... just like when he read "Corpse man".
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              In his defense he was just reading what it said on the teleprompter... just like when he read "Corpse man".
              Both were malapropisms. Like every human, U.S. Presidents occasionally misspeak, mispronounce, commit a Spoonerism, stutter, or fumble a passage of text. Good for a laugh but nothing more than that. What Trump did was vastly different and certainly more serious.

Comment

Both were malapropisms. Like every human, U.S. Presidents occasionally misspeak, mispronounce, commit a Spoonerism, stutter, or fumble a passage of text. Good for a laugh but nothing more than that. What Trump did was vastly different and certainly more serious.
                BUTWHATABOUTWHENOBAMADIDTHATTHINGTHATWASALSOINCORR ECT???
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Hardly a swish (it was off the backboard and ratted around the rim for a while but ultimately dropped in), although it reflects a Trumpian tendency to claim a clear victory where the facts are vastly more complicated. In fact, the current fires weren't forest fires at all, and the remedies the WSJ recommends, while good, wouldn't have prevented this. You've seen this before with calls for gun regulation in the wake of a mass shooting--some good recs that wouldn't have stopped the incident in question.
                  As the article you linked points out "these fires aren't even in forests" but state and local managed lands. Back in April your Governor declared that the climate change caused drought was over and then pretty much the next day (or month) significantly cut the drought response budget including the Department of Forestry and Fire Protection's "Enhanced Fire Protection":

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/2017-18/pd...getSummary.pdf

Yes, indeed, the facts are vastly more complicated. Maybe the $96M the California government cut out of the drought response budget wouldn't have put much of a dent in lessening the damage caused by these fires. I don't understand why didn't the California government just significantly increase the taxes on the rich instead... those rich, white basturds need to pay. Especially now!
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    ...I don't understand why didn't the California government just significantly increase the taxes on the rich instead... those rich, white basturds need to pay. Especially now!
                    With an expected budget surplus of $15 Billion on top of the current Rainy[Ha!] Day Fund of around $14 Billion, I'm betting the enhanced fire protection will be restored.

And btw, while you've been posting the past month or so my position in your employer has dropped around 20%. Get back to work.

Comment

• This is the kind of thing dictators do.

The White House is looking for ways to remove an enemy of Turkish President Recep Erdogan from the U.S. in order to placate Turkey over the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to two senior U.S. officials and two other people briefed on the requests.

Trump administration officials last month asked federal law enforcement agencies to examine legal ways of removing exiled Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen in an attempt to persuade Erdogan to ease pressure on the Saudi government, the four sources said.

… They said the White House specifically wanted details about Gulen’s residency status in the U.S. Gulen has a Green Card, according to two people familiar with the matter. He has been living in Pennsylvania since the late 1990s.

Career officials at the agencies pushed back on the White House requests, the U.S. officials and people briefed on the requests said.

“At first there were eye rolls, but once they realized it was a serious request, the career guys were furious,” said a senior U.S. official involved in the process.
                      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...turkey-n933996

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        This is the kind of thing dictators do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...turkey-n933996
                        To review: In order to help an Islamist theocracy get away with executing one American immigrant, Trump is (reportedly) trying to find a legal rationale for letting another (much less totalitarian) Islamist theocracy execute a different American immigrant.
                        They're only immigrants, right? It's not like Trump is okay with them killing Great Americans. /s.

Comment

• General Motors is closing 5 plants and laying off 15,000 workers. Thanks aluminum and steel tariffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            General Motors is closing 5 plants and laying off 15,000 workers. Thanks aluminum and steel tariffs.
                            and Trump's response is, Hey GM you better open a new plant in Ohio!"
                            Last edited by Flystripper; 11-26-2018, 01:21 PM.
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              General Motors is closing 5 plants and laying off 15,000 workers. Thanks aluminum and steel tariffs.
                              Or, thanks Americans for no longer buying small sedans.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Or, thanks Americans for no longer buying small sedans.
                                yeah, especially if all the parts that go into those and all other cars are more expensive to purchase and manufacture. They can more cost effectively reconfigure and redirect the work at those plants without those higher costs. You can't get around tariffs being hurtful to all the industries and companies that use steel and aluminum.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 11-26-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X