Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    He only cares if they die by drone strikes.
    Ha, so true. Big crocodile tears are shed and indignation is expressed when we kill a terrorist in Syria or Afghanistan, but flippant jokes follow the deaths of refugee children in U.S. custody on U.S. soil.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Not all dead brown children are created equal, clearly.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Not all dead brown children are created equal, clearly.
        No clearly not. Some are refugees killed in the Middle East and some are refugees killed by the U.S. government.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          No clearly not. Some are refugees killed in the Middle East and some are refugees killed by the U.S. government.
          Well, you must not have heard the great wisdom from Pat Buchanan. Brown people in the US will literally lead to the "Death of the West," as we know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_West

That is Walter's political Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Well, you must not have heard the great wisdom from Pat Buchanan. Brown people in the US will literally lead to the "Death of the West," as we know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_West

That is Walter's political Jesus.
            Welp, if white people weren't well on their way out as the majority in this country, I'd say Pat Buchanan ought to die of the flu in a cement room with a toilet and a space blanket. I'm sure you'd also see various falsified reports of 'welfare checks' every 6 hours to his cell, too...
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Came for the virtue signaling, stayed for the whitewash. Team TDS never fails to deliver.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Hey you'll love this:

Yeah let's not let this random group of 'radical' doctors in to start giving detainees a clearly desperately-needed flu vaccine!

It's radical to care about kids, but totally fucking normal to let them die in puddles of their own vomit alone on a concrete floor. That's the takeaway. Good stuff.

How's that for virtue signaling and whitewash?
                Last edited by Commando; 12-11-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Hey you'll love this:

Yeah let's not let this random group of 'radical' doctors in to start giving detainees a clearly desperately-needed flu vaccine!

It's radical to care about kids, but totally fucking normal to let them die in puddles of their own vomit alone on a concrete floor. That's the takeaway. Good stuff.

How's that for virtue signaling and whitewash?
                  I get what you are saying, but I would probably side with DHS on this one. Not that I think the kids should be denied the vaccine, but you can't just let some group show up one day and demand to get in there and start injecting kids. This needs to be done through proper channels and the group wanting access needs to be properly vetted. I mean, you're an attorney. Think of all the potential liability in a situation like this. By all means do it, but do it responsibly.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I get what you are saying, but I would probably side with DHS on this one. Not that I think the kids should be denied the vaccine, but you can't just let some group show up one day and demand to get in there and start injecting kids. This needs to be done through proper channels and the group wanting access needs to be properly vetted. I mean, you're an attorney. Think of all the potential liability in a situation like this. By all means do it, but do it responsibly.
                    I don't think they're honestly requesting to be let in- it's a protest. The kids are currently being denied the flu vaccine. Even though it's free. I guess CBP has less accountability letting kids die on the floor than the 'potential liability' of giving them flu shots.

Comment

I don't think they're honestly requesting to be let in- it's a protest. The kids are currently being denied the flu vaccine. Even though it's free. I guess CBP has less accountability letting kids die on the floor than the 'potential liability' of giving them flu shots.
                      So.... what are you mad about exactly? If they are only protesting and not really trying to administer the vaccinations, let them protest. They haven't been denied that opportunity, have they? Are you you upset because the kids are being prevented from getting flu shots entirely (I'm not aware of any group that has actually tried to contact CBP through proper channels to provide free vaccinations)? Has CBP said they refuse to vaccinate these kids regardless of the source of the vaccinations? Or is this just an opportunity to get upset.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        So.... what are you mad about exactly? If they are only protesting and not really trying to administer the vaccinations, let them protest. They haven't been denied that opportunity, have they? Are you you upset because the kids are being prevented from getting flu shots entirely (I'm not aware of any group that has actually tried to contact CBP through proper channels to provide free vaccinations)? Has CBP said they refuse to vaccinate these kids regardless of the source of the vaccinations? Or is this just an opportunity to get upset.
                        Look how obtuse the official DHS account is. Trying to say a group of doctors rightly protesting the easily-preventable deaths of innocents is a group of 'radical protesters.'

Yes, CBP has refused to vaccinate the kids, despite everything being offered to them for free. This is readily available information. Here let me google that for you. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/20/the-...der-camps.html

Kids dying like this is a good opportunity to get upset. If you're not upset by this, chances are you are a piece of shit.

Comment

Kids dying like this is a good opportunity to get upset. If you're not upset by this, chances are you are a piece of shit.
                          This seems like a productive way to change hearts and minds.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Look how obtuse the official DHS account is. Trying to say a group of doctors rightly protesting the easily-preventable deaths of innocents is a group of 'radical protesters.'

Yes, CBP has refused to vaccinate the kids, despite everything being offered to them for free. This is readily available information. Here let me google that for you. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/20/the-...der-camps.html

That article doesn't support what you are claiming. They say the deaths might be due, in part, to the flu. Or maybe other preventable causes. But they clearly don't know. They also speculate about diminished immune systems from depression due to living in crowded conditions, but no one says this caused anything, just that it might be happening. They also claim no children died for the last decade but also point out that the influx of children has been unprecedented recently, which seems like it might make prior experience less relevant. There is also no mention of when these children died. Was it after a long detention or after a few hours because they were very sick upon arrival? Given that it takes about two weeks for a flu vaccine to create immunity in a human, it might be that immediate administration would not have made any difference in this case.

Nobody wants children to die. And the excuse for not giving the vaccine seems very weak to me. But it is also irresponsible, in my view, to claim that withholding the vaccine caused these deaths when no such evidence is shown. All this shouting and overclaiming of everything, on both sides, makes it harder to ever reach consensus on a better solution.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I asked if any groups have approached CBP through proper channels to offer free vaccinations, not whether CBP has said it will offer the vaccinations themselves. Your link doesn't address that question, but I suppose the lack of a response is a response of sort.

Anyway, it is truly sad that any children have died of the flu while in CBP custody, but it doesn't seem like you are truly interested in discussing the real issues and instead are looking for a chance to get pissed off at any immigration related issues happening under the Trump regime. Since that has been your M.O. for a while now, I will bow out of this discussion.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

600+ minors died of the flu last year in US hospitals with state of the art medical treatment.
                                400+ teens die each year of accidental drowning.
                                Over 11,000 teens die each year in motor vehicle accidents.
                                Another 400+ die of heart disease. 1,700+ die of suicide. Over 2,000 are murdered every year.

Are you equally upset at each and every one of those unfortunate deaths? None of those deaths push your particular set of social/political/moral buttons, do they?

So which of the following is actually most likely a piece of shit:

A. The person that is not upset at one particular death that pushes a particular set of social/political/moral buttons?
                                B. The person that claims chances are Person A is a piece of shit?

Comment

Working...
                                X