Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who am I to criticize an immoral president if he’s fulfilling biblical prophecy?

I guess I and all the other Never Trumpers should have an eternal perspective.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      China has been really quiet about North Korea. Trump needs to keep them happy.

Comment

• It sounds like China is being helpful to Don's bank account:

China Contributing $500 Million to Trump-Linked Project in Indonesia

The Chinese government is extending a $500 million loan to a state-owned construction company to build an Indonesian theme park that will feature a Trump-branded golf course and hotels.

A subsidiary of Chinese state-owned construction firm Metallurgical Corporation of China (MCC) signed a deal last week with the Indonesian firm MNC Land to build an “integrated lifestyle resort,” as part of Beijing’s global influence-expanding “Belt and Road” infrastructure initiative.

The project will include a number of Trump-branded hotels, a golf course, and a residence. While the $500 million loan will not be directly allocated to any of the Trump-branded features, Beijing’s contribution of half the project’s total operating budget ensures the success of the broader theme-park venture.

The Trump properties are considered flagship elements of the theme park, according to MNC marketing materials, and internal documents obtained by Agency France-Presse show Trump’s sons have been directly involved in its planning.

Though negotiations began prior to Trump’s election and his pledge to cease engaging in new business dealings with foreign governments, the project raises questions about the extent to which the Trump organization is dependent on Beijing amid contentious trade negotiations with the U.S.

“Even if this deal is completely and entirely above board, it simply furthers the perception of impropriety” surrounding Trump’s business dealings, Christopher Balding, an economics professor at Shenzhen’s HSBC Business School, told AFP. “Especially with the potential trade war, this is not a good look….Critics will be entirely right to demand answers.”

Trump refused to divest his Trump Organization holdings upon taking office, much to the consternation of government-ethics experts, opting instead to place his holdings in a blind trust and hand over control of the business to his sons.

Vice Premier Liu He, China’s top economic official, is traveling to Washington this week to continue negotiations over the large trade deficit between the U.S. and China. Though negotiations have proved fruitless thus far, the administration has remained confident that Beijing will make significant concessions to avert the harsh tariffs the Trump administration has threatened to implement.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ect-indonesia/

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          It sounds like China is being helpful to Don's bank account:

This is always been about his brand and bank account.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            It sounds like China is being helpful to Don's bank account:

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            This is always been about his brand and bank account.
            The Chinese government is extending a $500 million loan...
            If you read past the headlines it sounds like it is a loan... maybe it was the word "loan" that clued me in.

So the question is does Drumpf Corp have to pay it back?
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              If you read past the headlines it sounds like it is a loan... maybe it was the word "loan" that clued me in.

So the question is does Drumpf Corp have to pay it back?
              Doesn't matter. If it's a direct benefit to his business that comes to him because he is president, it's swampy, to use Trumpist terminology.
              Last edited by BlueK; 05-15-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Our government already owes China billions. What's a few hundred million more for the president?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Our government already owes China billions. What's a few hundred million more for the president?
                  Yeah, the USA is already China's little b*tch... so who cares if Drumpf because their little b*tch as well?
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, the USA is already China's little b*tch... so who cares if Drumpf because their little b*tch as well?
                    I really REALLY want someone to describe it to Trump this way. Before the trade negotiations their planning to have. And it would be cool if someone would record his response. TIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Doesn't matter. If it's a direct benefit to his business that comes to him because he is president, it's swampy, to use Trumpist terminology.
                      In his quest to defend his hero, Ted might also struggle to understand that not all loans are created equal.

Comment

• I'm just relieved we have a president dedicated to making China great again!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Haha.

UT, I am impressed with the depth and breadth of your creativity when defending Trump.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            I'm just relieved we have a president dedicated to making China great again!
                            Saw this the other day... the dems 2018 campaign moto:

MakeTaxesHigherAgain.jpg

I need to get me one of those hats.

Hey, what is happening with those DACA kids? Are the dems going to fix this mess?
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Holy crap! He speaks in chiasmistic form!

"We have incredible potential. The potential we have is incredible."
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                Holy crap! He speaks in chiasmistic form!
                                He must be true!
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X