Page 219 of 251 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,570 of 7512

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

The looming trade war will be the biggest and most beautiful trade war, that I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    The looming trade war will be the biggest and most beautiful trade war, that I can tell you.
    I believe a crashing economy may be the only thing that would dislodge some of the cult following he has. No faster way to crash the economy than terrible trade policy.
    Last edited by BlueK; 03-01-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I believe a crashing economy may be the only thing that would dislodge some of the cult following he has. No faster way to crash the economy than terrible trade policy.
    He currently has a 35-38% approval rating. He's not swimming in cult following. That's low enough for me, so let's not crash the economy.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    And to conflate this element with the Dreamers is garbage-- especially if you know who the Dreamers are.
    To be fair - I'm not sure the true definition of "dreamers" - meaning those who qualify for DACA due to being in school, etc., is always used. That was more probably my fault in not being clear. The guy on NPR was referring to a number of folks who showed up here as kids, but for one reason or another either never enrolled in school or dropped out. And in order to provide for and/or defend themselves became associated with one of the Hispanic gangs. So it isn't really the dreamers, per se, but does involve some childhood immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    He currently has a 35-38% approval rating. He's not swimming in cult following. That's low enough for me, so let's not crash the economy.
    Is this the same poll that said Drumpf was going to lose to Hillary?

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove.
    [...]
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_mar01
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Looks like MBN's poll must've included all of the non-voting millennials.

Somebody needs to tell those guys that someone voting for you is not one of the perks that comes with working at their super cool tech startup and it isn't something their parents can do for them while they figure things out.

And to conflate this element with the Dreamers is garbage-- especially if you know who the Dreamers are.
    American Dreamers?

You can get yours from: https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/produc...an-dreamer-hat
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Tariffs! And the market tanks.

Thanks for nothing all you dummies that voted for Trump because he is a smart businessman.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Tariffs! And the market tanks.

Thanks for nothing all you dummies that voted for Trump because he is a smart businessman.
    Don't forget the most important reason: he wasn't Hillary.

Don't forget the most important reason: he wasn't Hillary.
    Don't forget the supreme court justice nominations!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    I don't want a crashed economy either. But Trump is going to do what he does and the GOP Congress is likely going to let him.
    Last edited by BlueK; 03-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Don't forget the supreme court justice nominations!
    Hey. When all of the due process lawsuits hit the supreme court, you're going to want there to be some good justices up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Hey. When all of the due process lawsuits hit the supreme court, you're going to want there to be some good justices up there!

American Dreamers?

You can get yours from: https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/produc...an-dreamer-hat
    lol. That is perhaps (and this is tall praise) the most dog whistle-y, implicitly racist shit they have ever coined. American Dreamer. As though the table isn't already set for you to do whatever the f*k you want-- especially among Trump's mostly white supporters. I know sooooo many kids who had to turn down big deal athletic scholarships, work instead of go to college, etc. because they don't have a social security number, lawful status, or a way to get it. Meanwhile Cletus is complaining that he's not allowed to dream. GTFOH.
    Last edited by Commando; 03-01-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

lol. That is perhaps (and this is tall praise) the most dog whistle-y, implicitly racist shit they have ever coined. American Dreamer. As though the table isn't already set for you to do whatever the f*k you want-- especially among Trump's mostly white supporters.
    Yeah, I thought you would like that hat. Interesting that it comes in blue.

How many are you going to order?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, I thought you would like that hat. Interesting that it comes in blue.

How many are you going to order?
    I would get a bunch (if they weren't probably like $50) and hand them out to the Mexicans trawling for daily work outside the Circle K up the street.

*edit* I just clicked the link and IT IS Fifty bucks!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

like, why is gary cohn around if not to stop this from happening?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    like, why is gary cohn around if not to stop this from happening?
    He tried according to this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/polit...aos/index.html

The question of whether to impose the protectionist measures Trump has long favored on steel and aluminum set off a bitter debate between warring factions inside the White House. The debate pitted the National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, national security adviser H.R. McMaster and Defense Secretary James Mattis against the proponents of protectionist trade policies, namely Ross, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and trade adviser Peter Navarro.

So the market correction we saw a couple of weeks ago has reversed, but I think this pushes it back the other way again.

Yeah, sure, in robocalls.

What happens when real human beings talk to real human beings?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

The Senator Orrin Hatch approved language is apparently "dumbass".

The Senator Orrin Hatch approved language is apparently "dumbass".
    I think Trump is a little surprised at the pushback he's getting on this from Republicans in Congress and from traditionally conservative sources. It will be interesting to see if he just doubles down and isolates himself or if he backs up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I think Trump is a little surprised at the pushback he's getting on this from Republicans in Congress and from traditionally conservative sources. It will be interesting to see if he just doubles down and isolates himself or if he backs up.
    Frankly, I was kind of OK with him asking the Congressman if he was afraid of the NRA. Actually - I was really OK with it.

They need to have some good discussions too - and talk about actual action that can be taken to make America safer. I'm afraid if the NRA doesn't wake up and join the discussion as to some reasonable and logical change, they'll find themselves waking up to more change than they'd ever want. Just join the conversation instead of blocking it entirely.

In some ways, shaking up the status quo and having someone who obviously isn't a politician is a good change. I can see why folks like that about him. I'm not sure it makes for an "effective" presidency as far as getting things done. But it's a nice change.

There is plenty to criticize Trump on - I'm OK pointing out something he does right.

But - like you - I'm curious to see where he goes from here. And if things stall as he continues to challenge Congress and ends up with even less support and effectiveness in getting things done if it will cause him to rethink running for re-election.

Ehh let's wait a few days and see if the common sense talk lasts any longer than it did re: immigration, which was about 48 hours from the televised meeting where he said he'd sign any bi-partisan bill. Apparently that bill wasn't 'bipartisan' enough for Kelly's taste and it got scrapped, and Trump presumably played it all off as some weird dream he had.

Frankly, I was kind of OK with him asking the Congressman if he was afraid of the NRA. Actually - I was really OK with it.

They need to have some good discussions too - and talk about actual action that can be taken to make America safer. I'm afraid if the NRA doesn't wake up and join the discussion as to some reasonable and logical change, they'll find themselves waking up to more change than they'd ever want. Just join the conversation instead of blocking it entirely.

In some ways, shaking up the status quo and having someone who obviously isn't a politician is a good change. I can see why folks like that about him. I'm not sure it makes for an "effective" presidency as far as getting things done. But it's a nice change.

There is plenty to criticize Trump on - I'm OK pointing out something he does right.

But - like you - I'm curious to see where he goes from here. And if things stall as he continues to challenge Congress and ends up with even less support and effectiveness in getting things done if it will cause him to rethink running for re-election.
    Yeah, I was thinking specifically about the tariffs announcement, but yes, he's going through the same thing with the guns issue.

Meet Wilbur Ross, the world's only billionaire who is close enough to the common man that he buys Campbell's soup at a 7-11:

Meet Wilbur Ross, the world's only billionaire who is close enough to the common man that he buys Campbell's soup at a 7-11:
    LOL... reminds me of Warren Buffett who buys his breakfast from MickeyD's every morning using exact change for $3.17 or less:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/warr...-than-317.html

"I tell my wife, as I shave in the morning, I say, 'Either $2.61, $2.95 or $3.17.' And she puts that amount in the little cup by me here [in the car]," he explains in HBO's documentary, "Becoming Warren Buffett," which debuted Monday.

Each amount corresponds with a different option at McDonald's.

"When I'm not feeling quite so prosperous, I might go with the $2.61, which is two sausage patties, and then I put them together and pour myself a Coke," he tells director Peter Kunhardt in the documentary.
    "$3.17 is a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, but the market's down this morning, so I'll pass up the $3.17 and go with the $2.95."
    Buffett proceeds to order a sausage, egg and cheese and pay using exact change.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

LOL... reminds me of Warren Buffett who buys his breakfast from MickeyD's every morning using exact change for $3.17 or less:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/warr...-than-317.html
    Sucks Buffet never learned to enjoy life.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    How do you know he doesn't enjoy life?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    He had two long time lovers in addition to a long time wife. He was a lot more sporting than given credit.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream