Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    See my last post in this thread in response to the article that BlueK posted. The trade deficit exists in part because of overconsumption, both by the US government and by US consumers. This country has been living beyond its means for decades.
    I can't disagree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      This one is on Wilbur Ross and Peter Navarro.
      Yes, but while Ross looks at it from the traditional, blue-collar, protectionist angle, the isolationist "nationalist" philosophy followed by Miller and Bannon is right in line with that side for many of the same reasons as well as a few others.
      Last edited by BlueK; 03-07-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• I'm very interested in how the tariffs debate works out, esp. with the bill Jeff Flake is introducing to overturn them. A bit of historical irony that an LDS senator is introducing anti-tariff legislation. I wonder if Apostle Reed Smoot would side with Trump.

I'm also wondering if Trump and Un, possessors of perhaps the two worst hairstyles among world leaders, will exchange tonsure tips.

Comment

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I think it's honestly weird AF how Trumpers have fetishized Hillary. I'm certainly not thinking about her at all and haven't since November 2016. It's all Donald Trump and his fans can think about.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              I think it's honestly weird AF how Trumpers have fetishized Hillary. I'm certainly not thinking about her at all and haven't since November 2016. It's all Donald Trump and his fans can think about.
              #whatabouthillary
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I think it's honestly weird AF how Trumpers have fetishized Hillary. I'm certainly not thinking about her at all and haven't since November 2016. It's all Donald Trump and his fans can think about.
                #trumpers#projection
                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

When it comes to the President Trump administration this is one of many weird things, but in modern politics there is a growing trend to vote against rather than vote for so my advice is sit back and enjoy the trend as it will increase with each successive President.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    When it comes to the President Trump administration this is one of many weird things, but in modern politics there is a growing trend to vote against rather than vote for so my advice is sit back and enjoy the trend as it will increase with each successive President.
                    In November I think the Republicans are the party that gets on the losing end of this vote against trend. And rightly so, IMO. Trump is trying hard to bust every democratic norm there is and the GOP in Congress are just letting him do it against their better judgment. Maybe Mitt will help restore the GOP's dignity.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 03-12-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      In November I think the Republicans are the party that gets on the losing end of this vote against trend. And rightly so, IMO. Trump is trying hard to bust every democratic norm there is and the GOP in Congress are just letting him do it against their better judgment. Maybe Mitt will help restore the GOP's dignity.
                      I agree that the Democrats will have a wave victory. That will be a trend as well.

I think Trump's coalition will be similar to Obama's in that I think it cares more about Trump than it does real government, so don't yet count him out of office. Republicans will survive Trump because they only will need the Democrats in power to find their groove, just as Democrats survived the cratering that happened under Obama.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        I agree that the Democrats will have a wave victory. That will be a trend as well.

I think Trump's coalition will be similar to Obama's in that I think it cares more about Trump than it does real government, so don't yet count him out of office. Republicans will survive Trump because they only will need the Democrats in power to find their groove, just as Democrats survived the cratering that happened under Obama.
                        Yeah, I agree.

Comment

It's all about justification. It's much easier to justify voting for the guy if you believe that the other choice was even worse.

Comment

• Now the nation gets to debate the question, "Are there dick pics from the president?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

So happy the nation rolled the dice on Trump to keep Hillary out of office. And yeah, I know there's probably dick pics from Bill.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Now the nation gets to debate the question, "Are there dick pics from the president?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma
                              Is "the nation" talking about this? or just those with prurient interests?

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              So happy the nation rolled the dice on Trump to keep Hillary out of office. And yeah, I know there's probably dick pics from Bill.
                              Ms. Clinton would have won if America only consisted of Seattle, San Fran, NYC, DC, and other "places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, and moving forward". Maybe the third time's a charm?
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• surely her only argument can’t be that because trump didn’t personally put pen to paper, the nda is invalid....?
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X