Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Exhibit 5 billion of American ignorance of world geography.
    Yes indeed!

Pelosi cited potential security concerns related to the partial shutdown. She was scheduled with other members to visit NATO commanders in Brussels
    [...]
    Pelosi and several other members of Congress were about to depart the Capitol on a bus to drive to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland to fly to Europe
    [...]
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/trum...-shutdown.html
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      And onward to Afghanistan. You're smarter than this.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Meh. The IRS is a dumb example — the tax code should be radically simplified and you wouldn’t need most of those IRS workers.
        Get to work on that. Until then, people want their refunds.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Parties weren't addressed in the constituon was written. The Federalist papers represent the opinions of just a few important people.
          Maybe the best evidence that the framers didn't fully consider or truly anticipate the effect of political parties is how they originally set up presidential elections to work, and then quickly needing to pass the 12th Amendment in 1804 to account for the problem of not anticipating that.

Comment

LOLz... Drumpf canceled the Dems' European vacation:

I guess they didn't get the memo about the government being shutdown.
            And hugely violated operational security while doing it. The second in line to the Presidency is going to an active warzone. Her travel plans do not go on twitter. They are not published, lest she be made a target. By saying "fly commercial" and announcing she was going in the first place, he is telling her "go and get killed." What a raging arsehole.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
              And hugely violated operational security while doing it. The second in line to the Presidency is going to an active warzone. Her travel plans do not go on twitter. They are not published, lest she be made a target. By saying "fly commercial" and announcing she was going in the first place, he is telling her "go and get killed." What a raging arsehole.
              He works for himself and Russia, so he doesn't give a flying flip.

Comment

LOLz... Drumpf canceled the Dems' European vacation:

I guess they didn't get the memo about the government being shutdown.
                I actually think this is pretty funny.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I actually think this is pretty funny.
                  I'm with you.

It's a dumb power struggle. But it's kind of funny when people in a power struggle upping the ante get sent crashing to the ground.

I'm waiting to see what happens next - Nancy cancelled Trumps SOTU speech, Trump cancels Nancy's trip to Europe. Let's see what you've got, Nancy! You're up!

Comment

• By 'European vacation,' I'm sure Ted meant, 'trip to Afghanistan to receive intelligence briefing from allied and military intelligence and meet with U.S. military leaders.'
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      By 'European vacation,' I'm sure Ted meant, 'trip to Afghanistan to receive intelligence briefing from allied and military intelligence and meet with U.S. military leaders.'
                      Also Brussels.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Also Brussels.
                        That was a planned stop for 'pilot rest.' Nothing going on there.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          That was a planned stop for 'pilot rest.' Nothing going on there.
                          That's the vacation part!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I thought this was a very good article about Trump's base and church affiliation and attendance. Once you get into the meat of the article it backs up the conclusions with some polling data that I thought was pretty interesting.

https://www.theamericanconservative....cked-to-trump/

"Trump’s improbable likeness to a mega-church preacher allowed him to capture the love of a huge swath of the electorate that previously tuned out or voted for Democrats. The people who came to Trump, especially early in the primaries, weren’t really joining the GOP and they weren’t primarily seeking policies. They didn’t even necessarily believe Trump would bring back their jobs. Many of Trump’s earliest and most dedicated supporters were seeking a deeper fulfillment.

They came to Trump seeking what they had lost because they had lost church.

When Trump caught so many political commentators off guard, we looked for an explanation amid the closing factories, but we should have been looking for the closing churches.

And this is a story much bigger than Trump. Trump’s early appeal was his declaration that “the American Dream is dead,” as he put it in his campaign launch. Faith in the American Dream is the weakest where people lack strong religious institutions where they can seek deeper meaning.

The best way to describe Trump’s support in the Republican primaries—when he was running against the likes of Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, John Kasich—would be: white evangelicals who do not go to church."

Read through it and you'll also find some LDS references.

Comment

Also Brussels.
                              All aboard the Trump train!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                All aboard the Trump train!
                                Haha. Nah. You won't find me posting articles about him (good or bad) or claiming Clinton and/or Obama are way worse. But I do get somewhat tired of some people claiming that every last thing he does is an impeachable offense.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X