Page 314 of 355 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,420 of 10629

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    What's up with Senator Sinema?... She was a Drumpf fan girl at the SOTU:

And why wasn't she wearing white like the other dem congress ladies? It's awesome that she is a BYU grad.
    Not a good one.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed mostówatching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Not a good one.
    Wasn't she Ezra Taft Benson Scholar at age 16?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Listened to some of the DOJ oversight committee hearing. Whitaker is not coming across well at all. What a hack.

What's up with Senator Sinema?... She was a Drumpf fan girl at the SOTU:

And why wasn't she wearing white like the other dem congress ladies? It's awesome that she is a BYU grad.
    Hey, Jackie Rosen's just looking out for Sinema.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Listened to some of the DOJ oversight committee hearing. Whitaker is not coming across well at all. What a hack.
    A nice bonus to Sessions getting shit canned is that the DOJ is now fully in thumbs-up-ass mode and they aren't as effective at proactively f*king up 30 years of cultivated caselaw in immigration at quite the same record breaking pace.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Hey, Jackie Rosen's just looking out for Sinema.
    Yeah, Pelosi was giving Sinema the evil stink eye... it would be a shame if something happened to her.

I am guessing that Sinema likes Drumpf because he wants to pull the troops out of Afghanistan and Syria. Sinema, IIRC, is big time anti-war. I wonder if is she is friends with Rand Paul.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, Pelosi was giving Sinema the evil stink eye... it would be a shame if something happened to her.

I am guessing that Sinema likes Drumpf because he wants to pull the troops out of Afghanistan and Syria. Sinema, IIRC, is big time anti-war. I wonder if is she is friends with Rand Paul.
    Probably not.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

State of the Union is so dumb.

I'm OK with giving the president stink eye when he says stuff you don't agree with. But why not recognize when he's proposing stuff you actually DO agree with.

Was it last year that the Black Caucus were all pissed off that unemployment rates among Blacks were at an all time low? So dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    State of the Union is so dumb.

I'm OK with giving the president stink eye when he says stuff you don't agree with. But why not recognize when he's proposing stuff you actually DO agree with.

Was it last year that the Black Caucus were all pissed off that unemployment rates among Blacks were at an all time low? So dumb.

The same reason Trump can sit up there and push his agenda unimpeded by small inconvenient conventions like telling the truth: it's a political sideshow. That's why he was so put out that Nancy postponed it.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I think he is coming across well... bonus points for telling the chairman to shutup:

BTW, did they find any proof of collusion with Russians yet?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I think he is coming across well... bonus points for telling the chairman to shutup:

BTW, did they find any proof of collusion with Russians yet?
    At least you now finally recognize the difference between the words "proof" and "evidence"

Rand Paul doesn’t strike me as a fun to be friends with guy.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 02-09-2019 at 06:35 AM.

At least you now finally recognize the difference between the words "proof" and "evidence"
    Yeah, and according to the Senate Intel Committee they don't have either...

Senate intel chairman: 'We don't have anything' to prove collusion between Trump campaign and Russia

The Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday said his panel has still found no evidence to suggest that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia during the 2016 election.

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) told CBS News on Thursday that "based on the evidence" his committee has seen so far, there is no reason to suggest that members of the Trump campaign and the Russian government were working together during the election.

The committee is preparing to release its final report on 2016 election interference.

"If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia," Burr told CBS.

Pointing to a previous statement he made in September asserting that he had seen no "hard evidence" of collusion, Burr said that his past statement was "accurate with everything we've accumulated since then."

"If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia," Burr told CBS.

Pointing to a previous statement he made in September asserting that he had seen no "hard evidence" of collusion, Burr said that his past statement was "accurate with everything we've accumulated since then."
    [...]
    https://thehill.com/policy/national-...rove-collusion

I was hoping that Whitaker would spill the beans on what his boy Mueller has on Drumpf so we can get the impeachment hearings started. I am really excited for Pence to take over.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ste...hina-1.4748745

If the Trump administration's tariff policy is meant to target unfair Chinese trade, it sure has a funny way of going about it.
    So far, the U.S. Department of Commerce has excluded about 40 per cent of imports of Chinese steel from facing its 25 per cent tariff. But to date, only two per cent of the total volume of Canadian steel imports to the U.S. has been cleared to dodge the tariff.

Who benefits from weakened economic and diplomatic ties between the US and friendly countries like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.,?

Putin.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-11-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Who benefits from weakened ties between the US and friendly countries like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.,? Putin.
    Putin was been on a big time winning steak since Trump got elected. You’d have to be a dunce not to grasp that truth. I’m not sure what will have to be disclosed until certain people can acknowledge there is evidence of collusion.

Who benefits from weakened economic and diplomatic ties between the US and friendly countries like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.,?

Putin.
    You know who else benefits?

White supremacists.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    You know who else benefits?

White supremacists.
    Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure stuff like this out - but I thought China was the one benefiting. And no one is mentioning them...

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure stuff like this out - but I thought China was the one benefiting. And no one is mentioning them...
    It doesn't have to make sense. BlueK and frank will twist any story into a preztel and state matter-of-factly that it proves Putin was the direct beneficiary.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

I thought this was funny.

Trump's actions toward China have been different. Come on. This isn't that hard. He and his entire transition team didn't all have contacts with China that they were lying about. Trump actually frequently ragged against China while always saying nice things about Putin. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions on China or drag his feet on them. He didn't say completely unprompted that it's so unfair China was removed from the G7 like he did with Russia. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions from China from day one like he has with Russia. He never spouted Chinese propaganda about why it was great that they invaded Afghanistan, like he has with Russia. He hasn't had multiple completely private meetings with Xi of China like he has with Putin, where no other American knows what the hell he talked about or committed to.

And this is hardly an exhaustive list of Trump's weird behavior towards Russia. The Afghanistan thing really floored me though. I have never heard an American say the Russian invasion there in 1979 was a good thing, and no way Trump ever heard that from another American. I'm old enough to remember the cold war and the Russians invading there. To have our president spout crafted Soviet/Russian propaganda about it was chilling to me. But maybe his supporters agree with him now since he said it. Just my opinion, but I don't think there would have been an Al-Qaida or 9/11 without the Soviets having ravaged Afghanistan and created the conditions that created Al-Qaida.

We also know Trump was trying to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, not Beijing (which he continually lied about not having any business interests in Russia during the campaign). Oh yes, and he was trying to get funding through a bank that was under US sanctions. Wouldn't it be nice if those could be removed.

Hey, but maybe we're perfectly happy with an insane president who makes foreign policy decisions for the US based on his own personal business interests. (Saudi Arabia also comes to mind here)

Eddie, you don't have to reach the same conclusions, but I don't know how anyone trying to be objective can't see some weirdness here with how he's talked about and dealt with Russia.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-12-2019 at 09:43 AM.

So the Senate/House conference committee reached a deal. What are the chances Trump accepts it and doesn't just let the clock run out? Pretty low, I think. We'll see.

Trump's actions toward China have been different. Come on. This isn't that hard. He and his entire transition team didn't all have contacts with China that they were lying about. Trump actually frequently ragged against China while always saying nice things about Putin. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions on China or drag his feet on them. He didn't say completely unprompted that it's so unfair China was removed from the G7 like he did with Russia. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions from China from day one like he has with Russia. He never spouted Chinese propaganda about why it was great that they invaded Afghanistan, like he has with Russia. He hasn't had multiple completely private meetings with Xi of China like he has with Putin, where no other American knows what the hell he talked about or committed to.

And this is hardly an exhaustive list of Trump's weird behavior towards Russia. The Afghanistan thing really floored me though. I have never heard an American say the Russian invasion there in 1979 was a good thing, and no way Trump ever heard that from another American. I'm old enough to remember the cold war and the Russians invading there. To have our president spout crafted Soviet/Russian propaganda about it was chilling to me. But maybe his supporters agree with him now since he said it. Just my opinion, but I don't think there would have been an Al-Qaida or 9/11 without the Soviets having ravaged Afghanistan and created the conditions that created Al-Qaida.

We also know Trump was trying to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, not Beijing (which he continually lied about not having any business interests in Russia during the campaign). Oh yes, and he was trying to get funding through a bank that was under US sanctions. Wouldn't it be nice if those could be removed.

Hey, but maybe we're perfectly happy with an insane president who makes foreign policy decisions for the US based on his own personal business interests. (Saudi Arabia also comes to mind here)

Eddie, you don't have to reach the same conclusions, but I don't know how anyone trying to be objective can't see some weirdness here with how he's talked about and dealt with Russia.
    Maybe he's trolling people like you?

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Forgive me for thinking this is a pretty bizarre answer.
    Last edited by BlueK; 02-12-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Not trolling. At least I didn't think I was. I was just responding to the original post from Beefytee.

I figured that if China is getting exceptions for the tariffs on their steel - it probably benefits China by them not having to pay.

Guess I was wrong.

Not trolling. At least I didn't think I was. I was just responding to the original post from Beefytee.

I figured that if China is getting exceptions for the tariffs on their steel - it probably benefits China by them not having to pay.

Guess I was wrong.
    I think Wapiti was suggesting Trump was 'trolling people like [BlueK]" with his behavior toward Russian interests. Maybe not suggesting it at all seriously, of course, because that's really dumb.

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Guess I was wrong.
    The whole trade war is evidence that China is not benefiting. If they are getting a tariff break here or there, is is to try and temporarily minimize the negative effects of the trade war on american businesses and Joe Consumer.

Not something for MAGA hats to be proud of.

Trump voters trust Infowars as much as the New York Times and Washington Post, poll shows:

President Donald Trump has long attacked the news media—and The Washington Post and The New York Times have been no exception. And it appears his supporters aren't exactly fans of those outlets, either.

A new poll from YouGov/The Economist released this week showed folks who voted for Trump in 2016 trust Infowars—the infamous conspiracy site headed by Alex Jones—about as much as the Post or Times.

The survey asked respondents, "How trustworthy do you rate the following news organizations?" before listing off a number of outlets. Fifteen percent of Trump voters found Infowars trustworthy to some degree—4 percent "very trustworthy" and 11 percent "trustworthy." Fifteen percent of Trump voters deemed The New York Times trustworthy to some degree—5 percent "very trustworthy" and 10 percent "trustworthy"—while 15 percent viewed The Washington Post trustworthy to some degree (5 percent "very trustworthy" and 10 percent "trustworthy").

Further, Trump voters were far more likely to be neutral about Infowars. Fifty-two percent of Trump voters deemed Infowars "neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy," while 32 percent felt it was untrustworthy to some degree, according to YouGov/The Economist. Just 16 percent of Trump voters felt the Times was "neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy," while 69 percent viewed it as untrustworthy to some degree. It was more of the same for the Post. Twenty-one percent of Trump voters felt the paper was "neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy," while 64 percent viewed it as untrustworthy to some degree.

Many other outlets received similar results from folks who voted for Trump—just 11 percent viewed CNN as trustworthy to some degree, 16 percent for NBC, 18 percent for CBS. Americans overall, however, largely trusted major outlets over Infowars. Forty-one percent of Americans viewed the Times as trustworthy—41 percent for the Post. Just 12 percent of Americans overall viewed Infowars as trustworthy.
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-voter...t-poll-1331958

Just 4 in 10 of *all* Americans think that the Times and the Post are trustworthy. And from that figure, Newsweek somehow concludes that 41% can be categorized as "largely trusted".

Annual physical results: he is the same height and weight as KVN and Khalil Mack.

Yeah. Okay then.