Page 411 of 411 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411
Results 12,301 to 12,322 of 12322

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Every wacky belief system that succeeds exploits a small kernel of truth.

The Essential Oils crowd is mostly wrong but totally correct in that doctors hurt people all the time by recommending harmful and unnecessary drugs and surgeries/procedures.

The Fake News crowd is mostly wrong but totally correct in that the good things that Trump [accidentally?] does receive zero credit in the mainstream media.
    What are some things Trump has received zero credit for from the mainstream media that he should have? I urge you to read up on foreign affairs for yourself, but he didn't demolish ISIS. He undercut the alliance and betrayed our most key allies leaving the the mercy of the Russians at best (a country that attacked us with mercenaries over there) and Turkey at worst (a country with genocidal tendencies toward the Kurds).

The generals who played a big role harming ISIS pled with him not.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 09-16-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Ok, unfortunately, I'm now stuck in a hotel this evening with nothing else to do at the moment, so here's a lengthier and even more boring response to creek's post. As a reminder...

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that we should have "punished" Iran for its numerous provocations? Should this punishment have been accomplished militarily or through sanctions? And is it your position that we have some duty to mete out such punishment, as opposed to the states that were direct objects of Iran's provocations, in order to staunch Russian or Chinese influence? And this naughty Iranian regime is the same one that we were supposedly trusting in the nuclear power treaty? And don't your second and third paragraphs contradict each other? If the deals were in place already how could Trump's ineptitude in not punishing the unruly Iranian school boy lead to the deals?

I think Trump is a buffoon, but this deal is a more hopeful development than any that have come out of the middle east in quite a while, it seems to me. I am also not sure there was as much hope about other nations joining in under the sadat accord or the Jordan agreement nor do I think that is much of a reason to minimize the importance of any state recognizing israel now. Maybe for Trump it's a blind squirrel sort of thing, but it is a pretty important development.
    The Carter Doctrine, announced late in his term, declared that the U.S. would intervene and take any actions necessary to protect the flow of oil from the Persian Gulf against threats from outside the region. A few years later, what has been termed the Reagan Corollary expanded the Carter Doctrine to apply to threats against Gulf Oil from both external and internal (i.e., Iran). As amended, that doctrine has been used to justify both military and economic force. But you know this.

In the past few years, Iran has stepped up its attacks on Gulf oil supply lines, the biggest of which was probably the 2019 attack on Abqaiq, the massive refinery complex that multiple international sources regard as the beating heart of the global economy. The U.S. response to that attack was nonexistent, and that apparently shocked the hell out of the Saudis, the Emiratis, and other Gulf nations, and is causing them to seek better relations with the Israelis since they see the U.S. as disengaging (and such disengagement creates, I think, a vacuum that Russia and China will seek to exploit). My point was that it wasn't what Trump did, but rather what he didn't do, that was the biggest impetus to the treaties. Still, I'm sure Trump will style Kushner as a 21st Century hybrid of Metternich and T.E. Lawrence.

Seeing the Saudi and Emirati concerns, Netanyahu had been working to improve relations and it was my understanding that the treaty process was underway; Trump came in relatively late in the game..

I'll leave open the question whether the U.S. should have taken military or economic action against Iran (I think strong arguments exist on both sides). The fact is, disengagement has, thus far, had felicitous consequences in the near term. But ask me again in ten years, maybe five.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Weird response dude.
    Did you find the kernel of truth in it?

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Turkey wasn’t and isn’t interested in the destruction of ISIS. Turkey went after the Kurds. New life was breathed into ISIS in the area as a result of the bullshit decision. Turkey and ISIS are defacto allies just about, that’s why the allowed the terrorists to move freely from their soil into Syria and Iraq. Fuck Erdogan.
    Ah that's right. I had forgotten that Trump fucked over the Kurds. Wow he is kicking so much ISIS ass!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
    Yawn. Only 1 million? Chump change. Necessary grease to keep the MAGA gears turning!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

My wife got this for me as a gift. It is highly therapeutic.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My wife got this for me as a gift. It is highly therapeutic.
    With that Japanese toilet, do you even need to wipe with the Trumpster? I thougt those toilets automatically cleaned and blow-dried the old cornhole.

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    With that Japanese toilet, do you even need to wipe with the Trumpster? I thougt those toilets automatically cleaned and blow-dried the old cornhole.
    That is a good observation. That Toto Washlet is one of my prize possessions. As for the paper, I find I get the most benefit by dropping a square or two in the bowl before starting my business. You know - do the same thing to his mug that he has been doing to America for 4 years.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I doubt anyone from this august body really believes that the administration will have a vaccine ready by election day, much less ready to roll out to the general public. But here's some good info of what actually has to happen before then:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-states-417407
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

OMG anybody with one foot in reality would find it obvious that there is not going to be a vaccine anytime soon-- let alone before the election. How would that hypothetically help Trump to be telling people that? Early absentee voters thinking "Trump? Sweet. He says we'll have a vaccine by November 3. Aaaand VOTED."
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Of all the immoral things Trump has done these long 4 years, I find his glorification of violence against the ‘right’ kind of people the most reprehensible. He used to whip the crowds into a frenzy talking tough about criminals and terrorists during the 2016 election. And I know Bowe Bergdahl doesn’t deserve a lot of sympathy, but multiple times he would pantomime executing him. And his crowds lapped it up.

The candidate Trump became the president. And he has not changed:

Last edited by Northwestcoug; 09-19-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    - SeattleUte

The scariest thing I've seen for the past while is some Glenn Beck video someone shared on fb. He's in front of his chalkboard drawing lines all over the place telling people that the Democrats are hatching their ultimate devious plan to 'change America forever' and it will happen unless we 'take action now.' He's clearly a crazy ass tub of shit, but on a platform like that he is bound to have legions of people who follow him and hang on his every word. Enough for a HS friend whom I thought was sane to actually share the video publicly.

WTF is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    OMG anybody with one foot in reality would find it obvious that there is not going to be a vaccine anytime soon-- let alone before the election. How would that hypothetically help Trump to be telling people that? Early absentee voters thinking "Trump? Sweet. He says we'll have a vaccine by November 3. Aaaand VOTED."
    Why don’t you think there will be a vaccine soon? Moderna and Pfizer both seem on track to have the early part of phase 3 done before year end. Early indications are that it’s working but obviously we won’t know for another month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Why don’t you think there will be a vaccine soon? Moderna and Pfizer both seem on track to have the early part of phase 3 done before year end. Early indications are that it’s working but obviously we won’t know for another month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if one of the vaccines is proven effective close to New Years, simple logistics will delay the general rollout for months.
    - SeattleUte

That doesn't sound like a vaccine widely available before the election to me. :| I'd like to think we'll have something next year, but I won't bank on it, nor do I think it's smart for a flailing incumbent to be making wild promises about it...

Woman arrested who sent ricin to Trump:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/polit...est/index.html

Ricin? Really? You watch a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad and all of a sudden you think you know how to kill someone? Trying to poison a President goes against everything our country stands for. Poisoning political enemies is what they do in Russia. It's cowardly. In America, when we want to kill a President, we do it the American way and we use a gun. God willing, an American made gun.
    "Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats" - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post

Ricin? Really? You watch a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad and all of a sudden you think you know how to kill someone? Trying to poison a President goes against everything our country stands for. Poisoning political enemies is what they do in Russia. It's cowardly. In America, when we want to kill a President, we do it the American way and we use a gun. God willing, an American made gun.

I think you are taking this too seriously. Maybe time to log off for a week or two...
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I think you are taking this too seriously. Maybe time to log off for a week or two...
    I've tried that. It doesn't help. Just gives me too much time for plotting and scheming.
    "Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats" - H.L. Mencken

Exactly what sprang to mind...

I've tried that. It doesn't help. Just gives me too much time for plotting and scheming.
    lol