Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    No shit they detained children. Do you not remember the influx of unaccompanied minors in 2013 that all the dumbasses blamed on DACA, even though it had nothing to do with that other than the common subject of children?

Thanks for your confidence as not only the 'expert in immigration,' but a person who actually reads the articles that you post which you think buttress your own points but actually torpedo them.

Jeb Johnson is the Czar of Family Detention. He clearly says in the article they kept unaccompanied minors from Central America in detention but detained families together. That doesn't talk about family separation in case you still haven't read it.
    Tedbot needs to debug an error in the code.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

As for speaking English wasn't that Obama's idea first?.. I don't think Drumpf can claim that one for himself:

"We need to be able to secure our border ... And we need to make sure that the millions of people who are here, many who've been here for a decade or more, and have American kids and for all practical purposes are part of our community, that they pay a fine, they pay any penalties, they learn English, they get to the back of the line, but they have a capacity to legalize themselves here."
      Ehh that doesn't have to do with Merit-based or points-based immigration. That looks like it was part of a proposal for DAPA-- parents of DACA kids-- to have a path to legalization by imposing some rigid criteria that is also humanitarian and fair. I have no problem with the English requirement for citizenship, either. When you screen people at the border for English, that's when you get into ethnic curating.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

No, not really... why do all you lawyers have to make everything so damn complicated? Use the K.I.S.S. principle.
        Fair enough. I'm the first to talk about the necessity of an overhaul that isn't happening b/c of how dangerous of an issue it is politically for right wingers who are tempted to exercise a bit of humanitarian practicality. I guess I'd just mention how family-based immigration is what the overwhelming majority of applications are. Yes, there are thousands of H1-Bs, etc. and they are filling a need, but there is great value in regular immigration that keeps families together and keeps the lake fresh, so to speak. The reasons cited for switching to merit-based-- a system that has never been a thing in America- are hogwash. "Immigrants can't adjust, don't learn English, cause problems" arguments and so forth fly in the face of contrary evidence in American migration for over 200 years. They said those things about the Chinese, the Irish, and now about the Mexicans, Sudanese, etc. Lots of arguments that should have no traction.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

No shit they detained children. Do you not remember the influx of unaccompanied minors in 2013 that all the dumbasses blamed on DACA, even though it had nothing to do with that other than the common subject of children?

Thanks for your confidence as not only the 'expert in immigration,' but a person who actually reads the articles that you post which you think buttress your own points but actually torpedo them.

Jeb Johnson is the Czar of Family Detention. He clearly says in the article they kept unaccompanied minors from Central America in detention but detained families together. That doesn't talk about family separation in case you still haven't read it.
          Maybe this will clear up the vagueness that Jeh Johnson was spewing out of his mouth...

Yes, Obama separated families at the border, too

President Barack Obama separated parents from their children at the border.

Obama prosecuted mothers for coming to the United States illegally. He fast tracked deportations. And yes, he housed unaccompanied children in tent cities.
          [...]
          http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

But thanks to Drumpf's new executive order they are no longer separating families at the border as well. Also, families are put on the fast track for being processed, as I understand it.

The dumbasses in congress should just let folks that want to immigrate to the US apply for asylum at the nearest US consulate or something... that would save on the travel time and cost for everyone involved. Then when their day in front of the judge comes up they can travel to the border. Of course, the kids get feed well (compared to what they are eating back home I am guessing) and get to play some soccer while they wait so I guess it isn't all bad.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The dumbasses in congress should just let folks that want to immigrate to the US apply for asylum at the nearest US consulate or something... that would save on the travel time and cost for everyone involved. Then when their day in front of the judge comes up they can travel to the border. Of course, the kids get feed well (compared to what they are eating back home I am guessing) and get to play some soccer while they wait so I guess it isn't all bad.
            Uh, this was what was happening already until Sessions/Trump nixed that idea. Sure Congress could pass something but Trump is showing no interest in signing anything. I think he believes he benefits more politically by keeping immigration a divisive issue without a resolution as long as possible.

Comment

That flies in the face of the purpose of asylum, but other than that...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Uh, this was what was happening already until Sessions/Trump nixed that idea because they apparently don't want anyone to enter that way. Sure Congress could pass something but Trump is showing no interest in signing anything. I think he believes he benefits more politically by keeping immigration a divisive issue without a resolution as long as possible.
                Then why were folks stacking up at the border and being detained during the Obama administration? They couldn't find the address of the local US Consulate?

As Drumpf showing little interest in signing an immigration bill just how many immigration bills has he veto'ed so far? Five?
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe this will clear up the vagueness that Jeh Johnson was spewing out of his mouth...

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

But thanks to Drumpf's new executive order they are no longer separating families at the border as well. Also, families are put on the fast track for being processed, as I understand it.

anything to keep more hispanics out. right?

Comment

That flies in the face of the purpose of asylum, but other than that...
                    On their 2,000 mile journey just how many US consulates do they pass in Mexico that are a hell of a lot closer than the US southern border again?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

This headline is also misleading. Yes, they separated FAMILIES, meaning dads from moms and kids, but not the kids from the parents like Trump got in deep shit doing. Moms were usually detained with the kids because, as Leon Fresco alleges in the article, ICE couldn't devise a reliably safe way to detain the men with children.

Comment

On their 2,000 mile journey just how many US consulates do they pass in Mexico that are a hell of a lot closer than the US southern border again?

If they are Central American, then that could be a consideration, but would certainly require some sort of agreement with Mexico to shelter these roving refugees. I think Mexico would probably just say, 'uh... why don't you geniuses take care of these people.'

If they're Mexican, it inherently damages the asylum claim that they fear torture or persecution at the hands of the government or that the government is helpless or unwilling to deter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                          anything to keep more hispanics out. right?
                          Max, you may not know this fact but about 40% of the folks in the great Republic of Texas are hispanic or latino... we are more interested in keeping the Californians out.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

As Drumpf showing little interest in signing an immigration bill just how many immigration bills has he veto'ed so far? Five?
                            He's going to veto everything that doesn't have Stephen Miller's little spank bank white nationalist wish list aka the RAISE Act. He's not interested in bipartisan anything. It's not going to bode well after November.

Comment

If they are Central American, then that could be a consideration, but would certainly require some sort of agreement with Mexico to shelter these roving refugees. I think Mexico would probably just say, 'uh... why don't you geniuses take care of these people.'

If they're Mexican, it inherently damages the asylum claim that they fear torture or persecution at the hands of the government or that the government is helpless or unwilling to deter.
                              Mexico is already letting travel freely across their great country so it shouldn't be a problem.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mexico is already letting travel freely across their great country so it shouldn't be a problem.
                                That's not illegal. Many migrants have permission to travel freely in Mexico. Residency is another issue. Mexico is not part of or subservient to our government, contrary to the opinion of orange face.

Comment

Working...
                                X