Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Oh yeah... that is a much better way to put it. BYU is the GOP and McNeese State is the Dems. The dems suck.
    I hope that isn't BYU's only win this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      So the Republican won in Ohio.

The headlines are “still too close to call.” Republicans should panic about the house. Great news for Dems.

Not to go all Trumpian but you can see why people hate the media.
      Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      In context, this would be like a democrat coming close in one of Utah's districts that hasn't had a close race 40 something years. But I agree the average person probably doesn't pay attention to the same things a political nerd would, so it would sound strange to them to call it a good night for the losing candidate's party, and make it easy to bash the media over.

Cardiac is my prophet.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Cardiac is my prophet.
        never mind, it's all good. Fox told me so

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...andidates.html

in the very slight chance the GOP loses the House in November, would that be the media's fault?

By the way, here is a rare realistic look at the current landscape from what is normally a very pro-Trump outlet:

https://amgreatness.com/2018/08/07/o...about-winning/
        Last edited by BlueK; 08-08-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Sean Trende has a similar take:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...the_house.html
          Last edited by BlueK; 08-10-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            Sean tends to have very thoughtful analysis.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Sean tends to have very thoughtful analysis.
              I agree. He's very good at what he does.

Comment

• Fox News getting the message out: Make America great, I mean white again!

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/09/med...ism/index.html

Comment

• At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he tweeted "I never used the N-word. But if I did, I would have called Omarosa one!".
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he tweeted "I never used the N-word. But if I did, I would have called Omarosa one!".
                    If you don't want a reality tv show circus in the White House you don't hire for it. Trump is getting just what he asked for.

Comment

If you don't want a reality tv show circus in the White House you don't hire for it. Trump is getting just what he asked for.
                      Before your second sentence, I thought your first sentence was a chastisement for the American voters.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Before your second sentence, I thought your first sentence was a chastisement for the American voters.
                        Yeah, his voters don't care. Either they knew this was what they were getting and were ok with it, or they can brush it off as "fake news" and pretend it's not really happening. But from Trump's messaging through twitter and otherwise over the last couple of weeks it seems like he's getting really freaked out by where the Mueller investigation is going. And now also from whatever this Omarosa might have on tape. How in the world do you even hire someone that unqualified or that crazy in the first place.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 08-15-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah, his voters don't care. Either they knew this was what they were getting and were ok with it, or they can brush it off as "fake news" and pretend it's not really happening. But from Trump's messaging through twitter and otherwise over the last couple of weeks it seems like he's getting really freaked out by where the Mueller investigation is going. And now also from whatever this Omarosa might have on tape. How in the world do you even hire someone that unqualified or that crazy in the first place.
                          Trump has operated in an authoritarian world, and unlike authoritarians of the past, many have learned a lesson from capitalism. As long as most of the constituents are eating well, i.e., the economy is doing well, you can suppress, engage in corruption and all manner of misdeeds. It works for many political persuasions, because the core of what people first care about, "do I have a job? does it pay enough? do I have a home?" The rest is ancillary and discussion material for the wealthy or idle. For the most part, most voters are not navel gazers pontificating upon issue raised in every article from the WaPo or NYT.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.0f50054d37d3

"William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden."

Comment

• When your salaried work for the government ends, you should lose your security clearance. I don’t care who you are. I'm surprised to find otherwise.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                When your salaried work for the government ends, you should lose your security clearance. I don’t care who you are. I'm surprised to find otherwise.
                                I agree, but to remove them selectively as a punitive measure is petty and not a policy.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X