Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Well, not in my exclusive neighborhood!

Bend has a nice nexus of rednecks (east side) and hippies (west side). There certainly is a sizable group that sympathizes with the ranchers in Eastern Oregon. But there's plenty of progressive folks on the other side of the river. Most people play nice and meet in the middle.
    Bend really is a great town, the diversity being just one of the reasons. Its a good mix between LaPine and Ashland.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
      Bend really is a great town, the diversity being just one of the reasons. Its a good mix between LaPine and Ashland.
      LOL. Let’s say a little more Ashland than LaPine.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• NATO is a good thing and not obsolete but I don’t agree with the relentless expansion of NATO eastward that has been promoted by some. If you wouldn’t be proud to die protecting Montenegro from foreign invasion then you shouldn’t want Montenegro to be part of NATO.

As somebody who spent a lot of time in Crimea on the mission I gotta say, that place was very much Russian. Thank goodness Ukraine wasn’t part of NATO when Putin decided to take Crimea back.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          NATO is a good thing and not obsolete but I don’t agree with the relentless expansion of NATO eastward that has been promoted by some. If you wouldn’t be proud to die protecting Montenegro from foreign invasion then you shouldn’t want Montenegro to be part of NATO.

As somebody who spent a lot of time in Crimea on the mission I gotta say, that place was very much Russian. Thank goodness Ukraine wasn’t part of NATO when Putin decided to take Crimea back.
          If it had been, you don't believe Putin wouldn't have had second thoughts?
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            LOL. Let’s say a little more Ashland than LaPine.
            But LaPine is home to Olympic champion Dan O’Brien! I don’t recall Ashland being the home to an Olympic decathlon gold medalist.

Comparisons to LaPine are nothing to be embarrassed about.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              NATO is a good thing and not obsolete but I don’t agree with the relentless expansion of NATO eastward that has been promoted by some. If you wouldn’t be proud to die protecting Montenegro from foreign invasion then you shouldn’t want Montenegro to be part of NATO.

From Putin's perspective the Baltics are part of his kingdom also, I'm sure, even though they were independent countries before WW2. He doesn't probably care that much about the other former Soviet republics because most of them are under his thumb pretty much already, and he's invaded any of them already that get out of line, as he sees it (ie, get too democratic).

Comment

• Damnit dems... the GOP'ers gave you a gift and put your bill on the floor so now you pull your support?!?

Three House Dems Introduce Bill to Abolish ICE… Then Pull Their Support As It’s Brought to The Floor

Talk about put up or shut up.

In the recent far-left demand to abolish ICE, three congressional Democrats introduced a bill called the Establishing a Humane Immigration Enforcement System Act that would do just that.

Reps. Mark Pocan (D-WI), Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), and Adriano Espaillat (D-NY) are the lawmakers who authored the bill.

“President Trump’s blanket directive to round up and target all undocumented immigrants underscores the unchecked power which ICE has used to terrorize our communities,” Pocan said. “From conducting raids at garden centers and meatpacking plants to targeting families outside churches and schools, the president is using ICE as a mass-deportation force to rip apart the moral fabric of our nation.”

Shortly after the bill was introduce, GOP House leadership announced they were planning to bring the bill to a vote, which seems to have been a politically-motivated decision ahead of the 2018 midterms in November.

“Democrats have been trying to make July 4th about abolishing ICE, which is a radical, extreme position that would lead to open borders and undermine America’s national security,” House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) told The Hill. “I think it’s the wrong approach. I think everyone ought to be on record about where they stand on that issue.”

However, the three Democrats who authored the bill appeared to have had cold feet.
                [...]
                https://www.mediaite.com/online/thre...-to-the-floor/

Dems are not the brightest bulbs in the knife drawer.

OK...

abolish ICE

So what else do you got on your list of smart ideas?
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Damnit dems... the GOP'ers gave you a gift and put your bill on the floor so now you pull your support?!?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/thre...-to-the-floor/

Dems are not the brightest bulbs in the knife drawer.

OK...

abolish ICE

So what else do you got on your list of smart ideas?
                  This is a thread about Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Trump's numbers had been improving for a while but appear to be headed the wrong way for him again since about the 3rd week of June when the family separation at the border became a big issue.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Trump's numbers had been improving for a while but appear to be headed the wrong way for him again since about the 3rd week of June when the family separation at the border became a big issue.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
                      Yeah, Drumpf needs to get those poor kids back with their abusers "parents" ASAP...

Government says parents of nearly HALF of kids younger than 5 taken at the border can't have them back because they're child abusers, kidnappers and murderers – and others aren't actually parents
                      • President tweeted this week that Democrats in Congress should help stop illegal immigrants gain entry to the U.S. by bring children with them
                      • 'Traffickers know how it works,' he claimed; 'They are just using children!'
                      • Homeland Security Department has cited 'many instances where human traffickers have used children to cross the border to gain illegal entry'
                      • Now DOJ and DHS say 46 of the 103 children in custody who are under 5 years old wouldn't be safe with the adults who brought them across the border
                      • Some weren't actually their parents; others are in prison for kidnapping, child abuse or murder; another is wanted for murder in Guatemala
                      • Still others gave phony birth certificates or planned to house a child with a known child sex abuser
                      • A dozen were deported but declined to take their children with them

The Trump administration said Thursday that nearly half of the children ages 5 and under who were separated from grown-ups at the U.S. border can't be reunited with their parents, mostly because many of the adults are violent criminals – and some lied about being the minors' parents.
                      [...]
                      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

What the hell is he waiting for?!? The dems are right... ICE should be abolished!
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Sorry Frank... how's this?

VdDWlOVwaWZboD5J5JKPll0spPFGsYGhxq9adF1VRmw.jpg
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I loved how some of the Republican congressmen would ask Strzok a crazy loaded question, then when he'd answer it and start sounding credible they would immediately cut him off lest anyone would think he was coming off pretty well.

What a freaking joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Sorry Frank... how's this?

[ATTACH]8912[/ATTACH]
                              I prefer the ones that show him with Jesus as if he's right up there with him on the divine scale.

Comment

• It's frustrating how unwilling the Congress is to push back on Trump's stupidity even when they know he's being stupid, as with the tariffs. The Senate just passed a non-binding resolution 88-11 stating their desire to constrain the president's ability to cite "national security" as justification for his tariffs, yet Clown Speaker Ryan who is not a pro-tariffs guy in the least says they won't try to pass anything in the House to remove tariffs because the President wouldn't sign it. Hello moron, have you ever heard of a veto override? Heaven forbid pass something that might upset the baby in the White House.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/13/62857...trumps-tariffs

Also, never mind the fact that things he's putting tariffs on now have clearly nothing to do with "national security." It's just another example of executive overreach. The justification is based on a very stretched interpretation of a 1962 law that is Constitutionally dubious anyway. A tariff is a tax. The Constitution says taxes can only start in the House of Reps.

Let's tax America to greatness. How "conservative" of him.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 07-13-2018, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X