Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo....Donald Trump.

Dentures, or no?
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Sooo....Donald Trump.

Dentures, or no?

God bless the United Shtates!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        God bless the United Shtates!
        Lol glad I'm not the only one who noticed

Comment

• Nice. You guys are mocking someone with a speech impediment. You're no better than Trump.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Why do people keep bringing up how the democrats voted on this? Is this directed at Frank? I don't get it.

Would be 100x more interesting to discuss whether or not it was a good move.
            I don't think it's even worth discussing the wisdom of the move. It's clearly a bad idea that will do nothing good for the region. My only point is that virtually every politician supported it, and now half of them are saying Trump is stupid for implementing the law they voted for themselves. It makes them look stupid and fosters the cynicism toward politicians that got this guy elected.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Haha. There is that passive aggressive trump support again.
            Um. Sure. You have an interesting definition of support. Since you intentionally missed my point (again), here it is more plainly: I don't think Trump is a bigot. I think he is an opportunist who panders to bigots, and this is evidence of my opinion. Not that one is better than the other, but I do think there is a difference.

I know, I'm grumpy. Lately, I've been getting out of bed pissed off at the world, and I probably should wait until 8:00 before I post anything.
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              Palestinians dont want Jerusalem, they want East Jerusalem, which is basically all Palestinians anyways. Wouldnt be hard (logistically) to split it.
              So - if this is true, the Palestinians want East Jerusalem and it wouldn't be hard to split it - then doesn't that reduce how big a deal this is? The Jews and Palestinians can both have their part of Jerusalem be their capital. No?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                So - if this is true, the Palestinians want East Jerusalem and it wouldn't be hard to split it - then doesn't that reduce how big a deal this is? The Jews and Palestinians can both have their part of Jerusalem be their capital. No?
                Yeah... Wasn't East Berlin the capital of East Germany? And West Berlin the happening place for West Germany? Sounds like they just need to build the wall as well.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  Um. Sure. You have an interesting definition of support. Since you intentionally missed my point (again), here it is more plainly: I don't think Trump is a bigot. I think he is an opportunist who panders to bigots, and this is evidence of my opinion. Not that one is better than the other, but I do think there is a difference.
                  Yes, that is exactly what I understood you to mean. Here is the problem with that logic:

1) has anyone claimed that Trump is an anti-semite?

2) You are implying that since Trump made a move favorable to Israel, he is therefore not an anti-semite. The inverse of that is if someone objects to something that is favorable to Israel, that person is an anti-semite. Neither of these statements are conclusive.

3) With these recent sexual misconduct allegations, you have women coming forward and saying "He must be innocent because he never tried anything like that with me.", which of course is meaningless. It is equally meaningless to say, "Trump supports Isreal, therefore he is not a bigot. That ignores a mountain of evidence otherwise. It is entirely possible that Trump has zero problems with jews but is anti-muslim and biased against Latinos. Those two things can be true at the same time!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Yes, that is exactly what I understood you to mean. Here is the problem with that logic:

1) has anyone claimed that Trump is an anti-semite?

2) You are implying that since Trump made a move favorable to Israel, he is therefore not an anti-semite. The inverse of that is if someone objects to something that is favorable to Israel, that person is an anti-semite. Neither of these statements are conclusive.

3) With these recent sexual misconduct allegations, you have women coming forward and saying "He must be innocent because he never tried anything like that with me.", which of course is meaningless. It is equally meaningless to say, "Trump supports Isreal, therefore he is not a bigot. That ignores a mountain of evidence otherwise. It is entirely possible that Trump has zero problems with jews but is anti-muslim and biased against Latinos. Those two things can be true at the same time!
                    You are right. I believe it is certainly possible that he is a bigot against other races/cultures. I was more thinking of his Charlottesville fiasco, where the white supremacists were chanting anti-semitic stuff. At that time, his reluctance to condemn the white supremacists had many people claiming he condoned such behavior, so 'yes' to question 1. Regarding your second point, and speaking strictly about him being a white supremacist, I don't think his Jerusalem move is an 'Action, ergo X', rather an 'Action is evidence of X'. The two are different. I agree with your third point.

I certainly may be wrong, but Trump's life prior to politics (as I understand it) doesn't seem to suggest him being a bigot. That leads me to believe he is more an enabler who panders to people who are. Regardless, it's all frustrating, especially the wall stuff. It's also ironic that people voted for him because they wanted someone who wasn't a politician, and he immediately became just like the rest of them, only not as good at it.
                    sigpic
                    "Outlined against a blue, gray
                    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Yeah... Wasn't East Berlin the capital of East Germany? And West Berlin the happening place for West Germany? Sounds like they just need to build the wall as well.
                      Walls for EVERYONE!!!

Comment

You are right. I believe it is certainly possible that he is a bigot against other races/cultures. I was more thinking of his Charlottesville fiasco, where the white supremacists were chanting anti-semitic stuff. At that time, his reluctance to condemn the white supremacists had many people claiming he condoned such behavior, so 'yes' to question 1. Regarding your second point, and speaking strictly about him being a white supremacist, I don't think his Jerusalem move is an 'Action, ergo X', rather an 'Action is evidence of X'. The two are different. I agree with your third point.

I certainly may be wrong, but Trump's life prior to politics (as I understand it) doesn't seem to suggest him being a bigot. That leads me to believe he is more an enabler who panders to people who are. Regardless, it's all frustrating, especially the wall stuff. It's also ironic that people voted for him because they wanted someone who wasn't a politician, and he immediately became just like the rest of them, only not as good at it.
                        Drumpf isn't a bigot... he is just your typically NYC/Yankee bully. Y'all need to venture outside of that mormon bubble more.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I certainly may be wrong, but Trump's life prior to politics (as I understand it) doesn't seem to suggest him being a bigot.
                          You're aware of Donald Trumps settlement in his real estate prejudice case, right? https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.239c46947ddc

You know about his defense of the N-word and alleged use of it on the set of the Apprentice, right? http://www.diversityinc.com/news/don...of-the-n-word/

While none of this is conclusive, it does in fact suggest a racially bigoted person.

The stuff he said during the Charlottesville fiasco seems par for the course and consistent with his persona he portrayed long before running for President.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            You're aware of Donald Trumps settlement in his real estate prejudice case, right? https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.239c46947ddc

You know about his defense of the N-word and alleged use of it on the set of the Apprentice, right? http://www.diversityinc.com/news/don...of-the-n-word/

While none of this is conclusive, it does in fact suggest a racially bigoted person.

The stuff he said during the Charlottesville fiasco seems par for the course and consistent with his persona he portrayed long before running for President.
                            Trump may very well be a racially bigoted person.

But I think it can be difficult to quantify due to the fact that he's pretty sure he is better than any and everyone - regardless of race - and has no problem letting them know that. I'm not sure if he uses racial slurs as put-downs because of racial bigotry, or if he uses them as put-downs because they are easy - and he's putting EVERYONE down. And there aren't necessarily any super easy "white" bigot names he can use too.

Again - not saying he ISN'T a racial bigot. But I do know he is a regular ole' bigot. And sometimes those streams cross.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Drumpf isn't a bigot...
                              he ACTS like one. We spend a lot of time worrying about what's in someone's head or heart, but what is open for everyone to see are behaviors and words. And Trump fails continually on those, but hey, it's Trump so it's OK! He sets the bar so low on expectations for his own behavior that it doesn't bother a lot people when it would if it were anyone else. His "joke" that he could murder someone in Manhattan and his fans would still love him is absolutely true. He might be the world's best "brainwasher" of the last 60-70 years.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 12-07-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Trump may very well be a racially bigoted person.

But I think it can be difficult to quantify due to the fact that he's pretty sure he is better than any and everyone - regardless of race - and has no problem letting them know that. I'm not sure if he uses racial slurs as put-downs because of racial bigotry, or if he uses them as put-downs because they are easy - and he's putting EVERYONE down. And there aren't necessarily any super easy "white" bigot names he can use too.

Again - not saying he ISN'T a racial bigot. But I do know he is a regular ole' bigot. And sometimes those streams cross.
                                If you use racial slurs you’re racist.

Comment

Working...
                                X