Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Mitt brings reason and dignity. It makes me mourn his presidency that never was.
    Mitt ran 4 years too soon.

I would like to blame the Trump presidency on all the people who made Romney out to be Hitler, a blood-sucking capitalist that caused a woman to die of cancer, and an animal abuser. Mitt should be in his 2d term now. This is my message to them: :finger3:.

Comment

• Steve Bannon plans to go 'thermonuclear' on White House officials.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/18/stev...als-axios.html

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal
        Binders of women <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<All sides are to blame.
        I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the things that were once thought to be Mitt negatives.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
          Mitt Romney with a strong post on Facebook this morning:
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Steve Bannon plans to go 'thermonuclear' on White House officials.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/18/stev...als-axios.html

Meanwhile, Breitbart senior editor-at-large Joel Pollak, who tweeted "#WAR" after Bannon's departure was announced, told CNBC on Friday that he meant Breitbart would go to war "rhetorically speaking," defending Americans against the mainstream media. He insisted Bannon's exit from the White House would not change Breitbart's coverage
            Ha. Just declaring war here, no connection to Bannon's firing.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Holy crap! Bert is a commie?

Mind blown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Holy crap! Bert is a commie?

Mind blown.
                Not Bert, close resemblance though.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Not Bert, close resemblance though.
                  Interesting.

I have heard rumors that we shouldn't allow kids to watch Bert and Ernie because it implicitly promotes the gay agenda. Two dudes living together and all that...

Comment

• I hope Trump or Kelly get rid of that try-hard Nazi Gorka. He's a vile character.

Comment

And so we are back to the Russian investigation!
                      Yeah, Trump hasn't been the least bit corrupt in his business dealings over the years. Well, maybe the one time the Florida attorney general was going after him for fraud but dropped the charges after he gave her a campaign contribution.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 08-18-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Yeah, Trump hasn't been the least bit corrupt in his business dealings over the years. Well, maybe the one time the Florida attorney general was going after him for fraud but dropped the charges after he gave her a campaign contribution.
                        "All my life I kept trying to go up in society. Where everything higher up was legal. But the higher I go, the crookeder it becomes."
                        --Michael Corleone, Godfather III

Comment

And so we are back to the Russian investigation!
                          Good you have an excellent track record judging all matters Trump, so we know it's nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            Good you have an excellent track record judging all matters Trump, so we know it's nothing to worry about.
                            What are you talking about? It was a joke.

Besides, what is my track record?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I'll may try to provide a lengthier response later, but bullet points would include faith in the validity of elections, the value of a free and active investigative press, the value of constitutional checks and balances, the importance of never wearing see-through shorts when one is obese, etc.
                              Now that I have a minute to respond, I have been thinking about this and disagree with 1,2,and 3.

1) It's hard to argue that Trump alone has undermined faith in the validity of elections when the DNC rigged their primary to give their chosen one the nomination. Has his reticence to cooperate in an investigation hurt? Probably, but his part in any diminished faith in our electoral process is small in the grand scheme of things until there is sound evidence that he colluded with the Russians to rig the elections.

2) The press has brought America's distrust on by itself. Their clear bias turns most people off, and the only people who listen to them are those who want someone to tell them what they want to hear. I'm not supporting Trump's disparagement of the media, but he's no different than any other President in terms of criticizing media, so why single him out? Investigating the personal lives of journalists we don't agree with to try to destroy their career, or worse, investigating journalists who report leaked information has done more damage and contributed more to threatening our free press than anything Trump has done.

3) Obama's "I have a pen" remark when Congress wouldn't do what he wanted was more damaging than Trump's executive actions, and Bush greatly expanded executive power, so again, why single out Trump?

In short, I think Trump is complicit in all three of the above areas, but why are we singling him out and giving others a pass? My point was not to defend Trump, who in recent days has proven to be indefensible, but to say that the actions of his predecessors put him in office. I stand by that. Until last week, I didn't think anyone could be worse than Obama. From an economic perspective, I still believe that's true. Regardless, Hillary's voters still don't get it. None of you understand that your opinions may be valid where you live, but you, your representatives, and the Beltway crew should stop telling middle America what to do without understanding their concerns.
                              sigpic
                              "Outlined against a blue, gray
                              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                None of you understand that your opinions may be valid where you live, but you, your representatives, and the Beltway crew should stop telling middle America what to do without understanding their concerns.
                                oh, brother
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X