Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    No. They apply for it and make the case to a judge. They used to be allowed to apply in their own country before they get here but Trump changed that. Fox probably didn't tell you that though.
    So they have to come here first and then apply?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've never made that argument about Obama and DACA. i think Congress should have done something about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        So they have to come here first and then apply?
        For asylum that is correct. They have to show up to apply for that. Stupid, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          For asylum that is correct. They have to show up to apply for that. Stupid, right?
          Show up where? To the borders or can they seek asylum with an local US embassy in their own county?
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Show up where? To the borders or can they seek asylum with an local US embassy in their own county?
            It can't be applied for outside the United States. Sorry to make Trump appear illogical for you, but that's the law...or at least the way the law is currently being applied. Before Trump they applied a provision to allow this to be applied for outside the US. What Sessions and Trump are doing differently besides ending that is to automatically assume everyone showing up to apply for it is breaking the law and locking them up. They're supposed to get a hearing on asylum but they put them in jail and take their kids in the meantime.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...consulate.html

Asylum is a form of legal protection available to certain people who cannot or would not feel safe if they tried to live in their home country, because of past persecution or the danger of future persecution based on their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.

Unfortunately, U.S. embassies and consulates cannot process requests for this form of protection because, under U.S. law, asylum seekers can apply only if they are physically present in the United States (or at least at a U.S. border or other point of entry).
            Last edited by BlueK; 06-19-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              It's not the laws that are the problem. It's the use of prosecutorial discretion to make things as difficult as possible for asylum seekers that is the problem. It's as though your local police suddenly decided to fill the jails and deny bond to people going 37 in a 35 and said SORRY THAT'S THE LAW MAYBE THE DEMOCRATS SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS LAW.
              When the local police decide to "fill the jails" with lawbreakers, do their kids get to go with them?

Df_seQwVMAAE2Hb.jpg
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 06-19-2018, 12:44 PM.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So the GOP House member who heads the National Republican Congressional Committee tasked with working to keep the GOP majority thinks this current border family separation policy is going to cost the Republicans the majority. Given that it's extremely unpopular among independents and it will be decided in swing districts, it would seem he has a good point.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/polit...ion/index.html

Comment

• Tucker Carlson makes a good point:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                      Can someone please get entry level employees to Utah. I am going through a large expansion to my manufacturing facility but the labor pool is non-existent. Every business owner I know is struggling for labor. Wages are rising everywhere but it does not matter, there is nobody to hire.

The Republican party's current war on immigration is about to drive me out of the party. Hopefully the bright light being shown on the despicable practices happening with families now will get something to change.
                      My sister works in the construction industry (commercial industrial flooring). They can't find labor right now either.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        The realtime comments are great in that.

https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/v...type=2&theater

Comment

• I think this entire episode (maybe even the Trump presidency) is a result of lack of respect for process. The democrats ignored the proper process but no one squawked too much because we all felt comfy and warm with the result. Trump is exploiting the process, forcing the issue, and we are all aghast, even though it is exactly what the law specifies, even if prosecutorial discretion allows us to ignore the law when convenient.

Prosecutorial discretion is no way to govern. Broad and vague powers allowed to exist in the executive are never a good idea, even if they are not abused or misused. Trump is wrong for pursuing this particular approach, IMO, but we should not let that blind us from the fact that we have lost our way on these issues. The laws should reflect what we want, not what the current prosecuting authority thinks makes the most sense.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            My sister works in the construction industry (commercial industrial flooring). They can't find labor right now either.
                            Is that due to immigration issues or full employment in the labor market? (sincere question)
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              I think this entire episode (maybe even the Trump presidency) is a result of lack of respect for process. The democrats ignored the proper process but no one squawked too much because we all felt comfy and warm with the result. Trump is exploiting the process, forcing the issue, and we are all aghast, even though it is exactly what the law specifies, even if prosecutorial discretion allows us to ignore the law when convenient.

Prosecutorial discretion is no way to govern. Broad and vague powers allowed to exist in the executive are never a good idea, even if they are not abused or misused. Trump is wrong for pursuing this particular approach, IMO, but we should not let that blind us from the fact that we have lost our way on these issues. The laws should reflect what we want, not what the current prosecuting authority thinks makes the most sense.
                              i mean most people didnt think a president would want thousands of kis put in cages. that is a reasonable assumption. true we should change the, but so many extremists in the house makes it hard to do anything. they tried in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                i mean most people didnt think a president would want thousands of kis put in cages. that is a reasonable assumption. true we should change the, but so many extremists in the house makes it hard to do anything. they tried in 2013.
                                Broad prosecutorial discretion is and always has been a bad idea. A dictatorship by analogy is and has always been a bad idea, even if one is governed by a benevolent dictator from time to time.

Creekster makes valid points, and rolling back this discretion is a long time in coming.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X