Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    So this Rob Porter guy served a mission to London, is a son of a HBS professor and worked for both Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee.
    His dad started as a White House Fellow and stayed on in various capacities at the WH after his fellowship. I remember him being featured in a Time magazine essay by Hugh Sidey in '75 that got a lot of play in LDS and BYU circles. Too bad his son damaged the family brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Hope Hicks seems to have a type.
      lol
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Surprised that didn't reveal Voldemort.
        This isn't him. It's FAKE news

Comment

• All Rob Porter discussions should take place in the Mormons in the News thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• None of this should surprise. The talent pool from which Trump can get people to serve in his White House is very shallow and very murky.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              None of this should surprise. The talent pool from which Trump can get people to serve in his White House is very shallow and very murky.
              Hey, he came highly recommended by soarin' Orrin.

Comment

• Rand Paul shutting down the government...

Calling out both parties on the floor.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Just wanted to mention that Rand Paul's hair bugs me nearly as much as Drumpf's.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Just wanted to mention that Rand Paul's hair bugs me nearly as much as Drumpf's.
                    Yes! I was just watching him and said, “Has his hair always been that bad?!”

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Just wanted to mention that Rand Paul's hair bugs me nearly as much as Drumpf's.
                      Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      Yes! I was just watching him and said, “Has his hair always been that bad?!”

He looks like an MFing poodle head.

Comment

• Omarosa: I wouldn't vote for Trump again "in a million years, never"

Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former reality show star who went to work in the White House and then went back to reality television after being fired, said on "Celebrity Big Brother" on Thursday that she wouldn't vote for President Trump again "in a million years, never." Newman said she found it hard to separate her long-time loyalty for Mr. Trump when she worked in the White House.

"If we become friends, you'll see how loyal I am, like maybe to a fault," Newman said. Alluding to Mr. Trump, she added "it's just been so incredibly hard to shoulder what I shouldered for those two years because I was so loyal to a person. And I didn't realize that by being loyal to him, it was going mean I was going to lose 100 other friends." ...

Newman said working in the White House was "100 percent" worse than being on a reality show because "this wasn't a game show."

"I made choices, I just have to live with them," she said tearfully.

Newman said chose to work at the White House because she saw it as a "call of duty."

"I felt like I was serving my country, not serving him," Newman said. "I was haunted by tweets every single day, like what is he going to do?"

She said she tried to be "that person" who spoke with Mr. Trump, but "it was like, keep her away." She said she doesn't know who is advising the president.

"It's not my circus, not my monkeys – I'd like to say not my problem, but it's bad," Newman said. She said it's "not going to be okay ... it's so bad." When asked if she would vote for Mr. Trump again, Newman said "god no. Never. Not in a million years, never."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/omarosa...e-white-house/

Comment

• Obama and other yuge money spending and violence advocating politicians approve this message...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• JARED KUSHNER AND DOZENS OF WHITE HOUSE STAFFERS HANDLE SENSITIVE INFORMATION WITHOUT PERMANENT SECURITY CLEARANCE

Dozens of employees have been working at the White House and handling sensitive information without permanent security clearance, according to a new report.

The staffers have been granted temporary approvals while the FBI clears the backlog of background checks, U.S. officials told The Washington Post.

Interest in security clearance has been a regular issue for White House staff, but focus returned to the topic after White House staff secretary Rob Porter resigned on Wednesday following accusations that he verbally and physically abused his two ex-wives. He has denied those allegations, though one of his former wives, Colbie Holderness, gave The Intercept a photo of herself with a black eye and a swollen cheek, telling the website the marks were Porter's doing.

Several White House aides told Politico that White House chief of staff John Kelly had been aware for weeks that the FBI would deny Porter full security clearance. After initially defending Porter, Kelly said that he was "shocked" to hear of the allegations and condemned domestic violence.

Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has also yet to receive full security clearance, though he was a senior Trump campaign official, was on the transition team and continues to serve as a senior adviser to the president.

Kushner has been forced to amend his security clearance form on multiple occasions, a situation that legal experts told Newsweek last month was unprecedented. As the FBI continues to conduct its background check on him, the special counsel investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election, and its possible collusion with the Trump campaign, is also looking into his foreign ties.
                            http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushne...e-house-802066

Comment

• Interesting analysis of Trumpists' use of "alternative facts." Sounds about right to me.

"We like to imagine American politics as a kind of scored debate, with political actors acting as the debaters, the media acting as the judge, and the public acting as the audience. Much of cable news is based, implicitly or explicitly, on this metaphor. Panelists from different sides of issues are introduced to “debate” an issue; shows sell themselves as “no-spin zones”; networks brag that they’re “fair and balanced” or place “facts first.” Under this conception of American politics, a memo that proves a fraud, an argument that proves a bust, a politician who is seen to lie — all of it is revealed and punished, the system self-regulates.

But that metaphor is often wrong, and it’s particularly wrong in the ecosystem driven by Fox News and Trump’s Twitter account. What Conway and others understand is that if you’re just trying to activate your tribe, you don’t have to win the argument, you just need to have an argument; you need to give your side something to say, something to believe. Something like the Nunes memo or the various out-of-context texts aren’t part of a search for truth — they’re an ammo drop, or, to go back to the way Ball put it, “a semi-plausible (if not entirely coherent) counternarrative.”

Charlie Sykes, a conservative talk radio host turned Trump critic, put it well. “The essence of propaganda is not necessarily to convince you of a certain set of facts. It is to overwhelm your critical sensibilities. It’s to make you doubt the existence of a knowable truth. The [pro-Trump] media is a giant fog machine designed to confuse and disorient people.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...i-warner-texts

I would also argue that the point of Trump's communication style is in line with what Putin wants, which is for us as a country to eventually reject the very ideas of democracy we have always just taken for granted.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-12-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• I guarantee you when Trump's plan to "fix" infrastructure comes down to it, it's all tolls, turnpikes, and private roads.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X