Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm guessing the first things Ruth Bader Ginsburg did this morning was tear up the DNR she gave to her caregivers, and then went to the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Yes, they fair and square paid 5.2%. The rest was for "internal" charity work, like Chelsea's yearly labors that were worth $800k to the world community in Paris, Hong Kong, Cannes, Tokyo, etc.
      and how does that make it any different from the 95% of private foundations established by the wealthy?
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
        and how does that make it any different from the 95% of private foundations established by the wealthy?
        It probably doesn't. They are ALL a joke. Seriously. I'm not sure how you can take a "charitable organization" seriously that uses 5-6% of their income for actual charitable work. Their should be a higher standard. 5-6%? That's Marie Antoinette telling the poor to eat cake.

Comment

Krugman tried to warn voters...

Paul Krugman: Trump will bring global recession

The economic fallout of a Donald Trump presidency will probably be severe and widespread enough to plunge the world into recession, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman warned in a New York Times opinion piece published early Wednesday.

Calling Trump the "mother of all adverse effects," the Nobel Prize-winning economist predicted that the GOP nominee's administration could quickly undo the progress that the markets around the world have made in the eight years since the financial crisis.

"Under any circumstances, putting an irresponsible, ignorant man who takes his advice from all the wrong people in charge of the nation with the world's most important economy would be very bad news," he wrote. "What makes it especially bad right now, however, is the fundamentally fragile state much of the world is still in."

Krugman's pessimistic view comes in the wake of a more than 800-point plunge in U.S. stock futures that coincided with Trump's increasingly strong showing in the polls. Trump has repeatedly attacked the Federal Reserve, accusing Chairwoman Janet Yellen of keeping interest rates low in a bid to help the economy and get Hillary Clinton elected.

[...]
          http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...on-2016-231055

I guess no one reads his opinion column any more.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Let's hope he misses as badly as he has in the past.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Krugman's pessimistic view comes in the wake of a more than 800-point plunge in U.S. stock futures that coincided with Trump's increasingly strong showing in the polls.
              So then what does it mean that the Dow closed up 256 points today?

Edit: Nevermind. I see this was discussed in one of the other two threads.
              Last edited by Bo Diddley; 11-09-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                Yes, and those 95% are also getting their donations from trading favors with the political connections of its principals.

How did the Clintons develop wealth in the hundreds of millions of dollars after supposedly leaving office essentially penniless?

I guess no one's making the argument anymore about all that internal charity work being done by the Clinton Foundation.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  Yes, and those 95% are also getting their donations from trading favors with the political connections of its principals.

How did the Clintons develop wealth in the hundreds of millions of dollars after supposedly leaving office essentially penniless?

I guess no one's making the argument anymore about all that internal charity work being done by the Clinton Foundation.
                  People act like these speaking fees are outrageous.

At his height Lance Armstrong was charging 250k and doing 10-12 speaking gigs a year. I believe his net worth was close to 150mm.

I believe Sarah Palin charges 100k.

They left the WH almost 20 years ago, is it really that surprising they are worth a couple hundred million dollars?

Speaking fees/talks to Wall Street the most over exaggerated thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Well now we know exactly what he won't do. Nobody is as wrong as CMBF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Haha. So true.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Haha. So true.
                      Here's another prediction from a while back: you haven't sodomized yourself in the past week.
                      Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Let's hope he misses as badly as he has in the past.
                        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        So then what does it mean that the Dow closed up 256 points today?

Edit: Nevermind. I see this was discussed in one of the other two threads.
                        Yeah, Krugman has a yuge record of being right... if you ask him.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe Trump will amend antitrust laws to remove all exemptions for professional sports leagues.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                            People act like these speaking fees are outrageous.

At his height Lance Armstrong was charging 250k and doing 10-12 speaking gigs a year. I believe his net worth was close to 150mm.

I believe Sarah Palin charges 100k.

They left the WH almost 20 years ago, is it really that surprising they are worth a couple hundred million dollars?

Speaking fees/talks to Wall Street the most over exaggerated thing ever.
                            but what value could the former president and first lady possibly provide to institutions seeking inspiration and insight with respect to macroeconomic trends?
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Maybe Trump will amend antitrust laws to remove all exemptions for professional sports leagues.
                              he does hate the nfl...
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Yeah, if Obama is smart he would shut this sh*t down before Trump and the republicans take over...

President Obama Should Shut Down the NSA’s Mass Spying Before It’s Too Late

Modern surveillance programs would be a disaster under President Trump

President Obama has just 71 days until Donald Trump is inaugurated as our next commander-in-chief. That means he has a matter of weeks to do one thing that could help prevent the United States from veering into fascism: declassifying and dismantling as much of the federal government’s unaccountable, secretive, mass surveillance state as he can — before Trump is the one running it.

During the Obama administration, warrantless spying programs have vastly expanded, giving the government more power than ever before to constantly monitor all of us by collecting our emails, texts, phone records, chats, real-time locations, purchases, and other private information en masse. This indiscriminate spying isn’t just happening in some National Security Agency bunker. It has reportedly spread throughout dozens of agencies, from local police departments to the Drug Enforcement Administration, Internal Revenue Service, and more.

Trump has repeatedly called for more government surveillance. And he has made it very clear exactly how he would use such powers: to target Muslims, immigrant families, marginalized communities, political dissidents, and journalists.
                                [...]
                                http://time.com/4565149/obama-trump-nsa-surveillance/

Oh wait, he said he was going to do this...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X