Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    The Iraq War and destruction of Libya are both still far worse than anything Trump has ever done.
    But, but, but Drumpf colluded with the Russians and gave the democrats' email to that white hair freak!

Hillary was supposed to be our president.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The Iraq War and destruction of Libya are both still far worse than anything Trump has ever done.
      nice ‘whatabout’
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

But seriously- this asshole wants a critic of his charged with murder? Fuck that guy. Karma can’t strike swift enough.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

In terms of blood and money, you are correct, of course. Trump's damage to the nation, international relations, and democratic norms (among many other things) is both substantial and immeasurable. Let's join forces and do everything possible to ensure that neither W, Obama, nor Trump wins re-election in November.

Comment

• The throngs that engorge the deranged crowd that shrieks of injustices which are claimed to plumb the bottom needs to be reminded of perspective at times. The US has descended far below these. Trump's incompetence saves us from descending lower. The specter of Biden provides me with no comfort.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

The throngs that engorge the deranged crowd that shrieks of injustices which are claimed to plumb the bottom needs to be reminded of perspective at times. The US has descended far below these. Trump's incompetence saves us from descending lower. The specter of Biden provides me with no comfort.
              Yes, perspective is important, but what exactly has his incompetence saved us from ...

There was this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50979463

that led to this:

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...aq/4432392002/

Meaning, Trump is more of the same, except his behaviour is definitively more caustic.
              Last edited by tooblue; 05-25-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

The throngs that engorge the deranged crowd that shrieks of injustices which are claimed to plumb the bottom needs to be reminded of perspective at times. The US has descended far below these. Trump's incompetence saves us from descending lower. The specter of Biden provides me with no comfort.
                I do appreciate your patrician concern for my ignorance. Without you and Ted here, I’d never know that my opinions on political scandals are hopelessly naive.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• One example of kneejerk criticism of Trump is the disdain many in the media have expressed over Trump's weekend golf outing. Ordinarily, the optics of a president teeing it up in the midst of a crisis are not good. in this case, and I'm being very serious here, I think it's great Trump went golfing and I wish he'd do it more often (I'd have no problem with daily). At the personal level, he hasn't contributed anything of value to the current battle, and he has been a major net negative. Why complain if he's not tweeting crap and making off-the-wall comments about potential cures? We're better off with Trump being distracted as much as possible. Hit the links, Donnie boy.

Comment

Lol. You know you are deeply in the spin zone when you tout his idiocy as a virtue.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Lol. You know you are deeply in the spin zone when you tout his idiocy as a virtue.
                      I don't necessarily see it as virtue, but his incompetence has certainly saved us from the awful shit he really wants to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        I don't necessarily see it as virtue, but his incompetence has certainly saved us from the awful shit he really wants to do.
                        Help me understand this logic.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Yes, please explain. What horrible course have we avoided because he is incompetent? How is the U.S. better off because he is such a petty dope?

The response to COVID has been a disaster because he is so incompetent (we are losing 1,200 Americans per day and the economy has tanked and Trump says we are doing great). Respect for the U.S. overseas is at an all-time low because he is such an idiot (shocking I know, because Trump continues to tell us how much other countries love him). Our national dialogue is reduced to the most base level and white nationalists are emboldened because he gives them comfort (but, but, there are good people on that side of the discussion).

There is no upside to the incompetence of this buffoon. PAC is correct. Better he be off golfing until his term ends.
                          Last edited by myboynoah; 05-25-2020, 06:10 PM.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• He likes to put evil people in positions of power long enough to do lasting damage before he gets offended by them: see Jeff Sessions. :|

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              Yes, please explain. What horrible course have we avoided because he is incompetent? How is the U.S. better off because he is such a petty dope?

The response to COVID has been a disaster because he is so incompetent (we are losing 1,200 Americans per day and the economy has tanked and Trump says we are doing great). Respect for the U.S. overseas is at an all-time low because he is such an idiot (shocking I know, because Trump continues to tell us how much other countries love him). Our national dialogue is reduced to the most base level and white nationalists are emboldened because he gives them comfort (but, but, there good people on that side of the discussion).

There is no upside to the incompetence of this buffoon. PAC is correct. Better he be off golfing until his term ends.
                              Yeesh you two. How is my statement any endorsement of Trump and his batshit crazy administration?

I'm saying that as bad as it currently is, if he was even a little bit competent in getting what he has stated he wants,we would be much worse off. Can you imagine if he was able to fully implement his America first trade policy? If he was smart enough to have the wall actually built/deport all undocumented immigrants? If we was able to bring back torture like he said he would? The Muslim ban? Prosecuting Hillary? His insane 1 trillion dollar infrastructure plans? It could be far worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                                Yeesh you two. How is my statement any endorsement of Trump and his batshit crazy administration?

I'm saying that as bad as it currently is, if he was even a little bit competent in getting what he has stated he wants,we would be much worse off. Can you imagine if he was able to fully implement his America first trade policy? If he was smart enough to have the wall actually built/deport all undocumented immigrants? If we was able to bring back torture like he said he would? The Muslim ban? Prosecuting Hillary? His insane 1 trillion dollar infrastructure plans? It could be far worse.
                                I see what you are saying, but the Constitution is preventing Trump from doing the crazy stuff you list, not his obvious incompetence. He's not a king, despite what the FOX bunch thinks.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X