Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 8,341 to 8,344 of 8344

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Default President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Cruz publicly stated that the cop should keep her badge.
    That’s a mischaracterization of what Cruz said...or at least a half truth
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Looks like a shameless effort by Beto to capitalize on a tragedy to score some political points. I.e., something trump would do.
    It’s a legitimate campaign issue for that demographic.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    That’s a mischaracterization of what Cruz said...or at least a half truth
    I just read the transcript. You're right. Still, Cruz taking that case as a 'let's not rush to judgement' is typical slimy Cruz. The cop was clearly in the wrong, and an innocent man is dead. That's as easy a firing (and prosecuting) position as you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I just read the transcript. You're right. Still, Cruz taking that case as a 'let's not rush to judgement' is typical slimy Cruz. The cop was clearly in the wrong, and an innocent man is dead. That's as easy a firing (and prosecuting) position as you'll see.
    I agree with you on this. I don’t think Cruz should have said what he did but he’s not wrong. I also don’t think the officer should be fired right away. She should be placed on administrative leave while due diligence runs its course, which will be quick. Cruz is playing politics to his base (well, he thought he was) and missed pretty badly. Cruz is also starting to have to pander to Trumps base, which is kind of funny to watch.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf