Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what I think about this official recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I kind of go back and forth.

Sure - it brings up some intense feelings for Palestinians.

But lets get real for a minute. The Palestinians are upset because they want their own state, and they want THEIR capital to be Jerusalem. Was Israel ever going to let Jerusalem go as part of the two state solution? Yeah - I don't think so.

This move has meaning - I'm not saying that it doesn't. But the reality is that is it more symbolic than anything.

I don't give two farts about the Saudis getting upset. They can voice their opinion when they give up Mecca or Medina to some other religion.

Honestly - that may be the thing that bothers me the most about all of this - the lack of compromise by both sides. Quite frankly, it reminds me of some of the debate between liberals and conservatives. They both want what they want. That may ACT like they would be willing to accept some small concession from the other side - but the reality is that they just see that as a stepping stone to getting EVERYTHING they want and won't be satisfied by any concession that doesn't give them everything they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Since passage, the law has never been implemented, because of opposition from Presidents Clinton, Bush, or Obama, who view it as a Congressional infringement on the executive branch's constitutional authority over foreign policy; they have consistently claimed the presidential waiver on national security interests.
      Gee. It almost like you're suggesting that a certain government has way too much influence on our own and but for the restraint of past Presidents the embassy would have been moved to Jerusalem long ago.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        As an impartial observer, I just want to say that Walter is better than UT at the Trump link game. #SJBH
        Wait. You actually clinked on the links? From both of them?!?
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Wait. You actually clinked on the links? From both of them?!?
          senate.gov links are always controversial.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Dear President Trump,

You're doing a great job. Let's get together in Jerusalem sometime for some kebabs.

Sincerely yours,

Senators Schumer and Cardin
            (source)

Comment

Since passage, the law has never been implemented, because of opposition from Presidents Clinton, Bush, or Obama, who view it as a Congressional infringement on the executive branch's constitutional authority over foreign policy; they have consistently claimed the presidential waiver on national security interests.
              To be fair, that law passed the Senate 95-5, so most Democrats very little Terra Firma on this issue. I am also a little uncertain as to what a bigoted president like Trump would be trying to accomplish by catering to the Jews. I guess he hates them less than the Muslims.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                To be fair, that law passed the Senate 95-5, so most Democrats very little Terra Firma on this issue.
                Why do people keep bringing up how the democrats voted on this? Is this directed at Frank? I don't get it.

Would be 100x more interesting to discuss whether or not it was a good move.

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                I am also a little uncertain as to what a bigoted president like Trump would be trying to accomplish by catering to the Jews. I guess he hates them less than the Muslims.
                Haha. There is that passive aggressive trump support again.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Not sure what I think about this official recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. I kind of go back and forth.

Sure - it brings up some intense feelings for Palestinians.

But lets get real for a minute. The Palestinians are upset because they want their own state, and they want THEIR capital to be Jerusalem. Was Israel ever going to let Jerusalem go as part of the two state solution? Yeah - I don't think so.

This move has meaning - I'm not saying that it doesn't. But the reality is that is it more symbolic than anything.

I don't give two farts about the Saudis getting upset. They can voice their opinion when they give up Mecca or Medina to some other religion.

Honestly - that may be the thing that bothers me the most about all of this - the lack of compromise by both sides. Quite frankly, it reminds me of some of the debate between liberals and conservatives. They both want what they want. That may ACT like they would be willing to accept some small concession from the other side - but the reality is that they just see that as a stepping stone to getting EVERYTHING they want and won't be satisfied by any concession that doesn't give them everything they want.
                  Palestinians dont want Jerusalem, they want East Jerusalem, which is basically all Palestinians anyways. Wouldnt be hard (logistically) to split it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    yea, every candidate does the same. this isnt news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                      Candidates pandering to the Israel lobby. Will wonders never cease?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Candidates pandering to the Israel lobby. Will wonders never cease?
                        Someday perhaps. Drain the swamp!

Comment

Sure. Eff the Palestinians! Go Trump! #maga
                          I don't believe Drumpf would do this... Why would someone that Frank has clearly established as being Nazi give a rat's ass about the Jews?
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                            Yeah, it is just sh*t candidates say to get the Jew vote or something.

Of course some candidates make more false promises than others... Where the hell is that wall, Dumpf?!?
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So much winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                I don't believe Drumpf would do this... Why would someone that Frank has clearly established as being Nazi give a rat's ass about the Jews?
                                This kind of dumb oversimplistic logic kills on FB. You should try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X