Page 410 of 411 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411 LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,300 of 12322

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Herd developed herd mentality. Well I’ll be damned if this wily rascal hasn’t figured it out.

“With time it goes away,” Trump said during an ABC News town hall in Pennsylvania when pressed by host George Stephanopoulos on his public comments about the virus. “You'll develop, you'll develop herd — like a herd mentality. It's going to be, it’s going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly.”

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
    Herd developed herd mentality. Well I’ll be damned if this wily rascal hasn’t figured it out.
    Smartest president ever!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

OK so I feel the need to preface this: I think Trump is a buffoon. I voted for Hillary and will vote for what remains of Biden’s cognition in November.

BUT if Hillary had demolished ISIS and achieved this Middle East peace accord the media would be falling over itself in praise for her accomplishments. Flame away!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Muh culture wars!

Not even the crowd was much into that one.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    OK so I feel the need to preface this: I think Trump is a buffoon. I voted for Hillary and will vote for what remains of Biden’s cognition in November.

BUT if Hillary had demolished ISIS and achieved this Middle East peace accord the media would be falling over itself in praise for her accomplishments. Flame away!
    I'm not that familiar with how ISIS was taken down. All I remember was the US getting out of the way so Turkey could do some dirty work. I also remember some dustups with Russia in Syria as well. Do you have any overview of what has taken place the last 8 years with it?

Trumps does deserve some credit for the peace deal. Hopefully it works out well and leads to more peace in the region. We'll see.

It was a long time ago, but was the 1993 Isreali-Palestinian peace deal a big deal for Clinton and his re-election in 1996? I was on my mission in 96, so I have no idea. I would say that deal hasn't lived up to its potential.

First of all ISIS is not gone. They simply don't own real estate like they used to. But they have a robust supply of ongoing funding for operations.

Second, give Trump credit for not changing the direction of the fight that was already well under way when he took office. And while Obama was CiC during the build-up against ISIS, he was also the CiC that pulled all of our forces out that left a vacuum for ISIS to fill. Of course this is really what the people in the US wanted and contributed to his election.

Now we're getting close to pulling everyone out of Afghanistan. What will happen then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    First of all ISIS is not gone. They simply don't own real estate like they used to. But they have a robust supply of ongoing funding for operations.

Second, give Trump credit for not changing the direction of the fight that was already well under way when he took office. And while Obama was CiC during the build-up against ISIS, he was also the CiC that pulled all of our forces out that left a vacuum for ISIS to fill. Of course this is really what the people in the US wanted and contributed to his election.

Now we're getting close to pulling everyone out of Afghanistan. What will happen then?
    Isis is still operating in Iraq. WTF is everybody talking about?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    They're also in Afghanistan and in parts of Africa.

They're also in Afghanistan and in parts of Africa.
    Yep. Far from 'demolished,' and nothing that anybody would fawn over any American president for. Remember Trump's super-secret-30-day-weightloss-I-mean-destroy-ISIS strategy?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Corporate lackey for Jesus Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

Yeah, I am confused too.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

careful, you're going to trigger walter with talk like that!
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by beefytee View Post

Trumps does deserve some credit for the peace deal. Hopefully it works out well and leads to more peace in the region. We'll see.
    Yeah, hopefully...

Up To 9 Additional Nations Could Join Peace Deal With Israel, Including Saudi Arabia, Trump Says

President Donald Trump said Tuesday afternoon that up to nine additional nations could join a peace deal with Israel in the near future, including Saudi Arabia.

“We have many other countries [that are] going to be joining us and they’re going to be joining us soon,” Trump told reporters on the White House lawn. “We’ll have, I think, I mean I think seven, or eight, or nine. We’re going to have a lot of other countries joining us, including the big ones.”
    [...]
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...bia-trump-says
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah, I am confused too.
    It's kind of like when President Bush declared an end to major combat operations. The US had moved through Iraq and pretty much controlled the real estate, but fought an insurgency for years after.

Now that ISIS no longer owns the real estate they had stretching from Syria though Iraq, they are still an insurgency.

The fight does enter a different phase each time, and there is progress to be celebrated, but the fight goes on, and is far from over.

But go ahead be a glass half empty guys want.

We'll spend less money on defense and fewer young soldiers will die
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

It's kind of like when President Bush declared an end to major combat operations. The US had moved through Iraq and pretty much controlled the real estate, but fought an insurgency for years after.

Now that ISIS no longer owns the real estate they had stretching from Syria though Iraq, they are still an insurgency.

The fight does enter a different phase each time, and there is progress to be celebrated, but the fight goes on, and is far from over.

But go ahead be a glass half empty guys want.
    I'm glad ISIS doesn't actually physically control Mosul anymore, but that's not a consolation to my clients that had to flee Iraq because of actual threats from ISIS. They're not going back any time soon, and I certainly don't think Trump ought to take a victory lap.

I'm glad ISIS doesn't actually physically control Mosul anymore, but that's not a consolation to my clients that had to flee Iraq because of actual threats from ISIS. They're not going back any time soon, and I certainly don't think Trump ought to take a victory lap.
    But to CardiacCoug's original point, the Hillary would be taking those same victory laps, were she in office. And if she was taking them, CNN would be cheering her on, no doubt about it.

Yeah, Drumpf needs to be more like Obama... and bomb the hell out of them and their terrorist babies with drone strikes. If Biden would drop all his other stupid ideas and commit to the Obama doctrine of peace in the middle east then he might be worth voting for.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, Drumpf needs to be more like Obama... and bomb the hell out of them and their terrorist babies with drone strikes. If Biden would drop all his other stupid ideas and commit to the Obama doctrine of peace in the middle east then he might be worth voting for.
    UT, you take a lot of abuse on here, but i want to be on record that I appreciate your sense of humor. I dont think they get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Trump gets it in when it comes to drone strikes- put your mind at ease!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

It was a long time ago, but was the 1993 Isreali-Palestinian peace deal a big deal for Clinton and his re-election in 1996? I was on my mission in 96, so I have no idea. I would say that deal hasn't lived up to its potential.
    The imminent sign-on of other Arab countries to an Israeli peace accord has been predicted by some each time a treaty has been reached in the past (Egypt in the ‘70s, Jordan in the 90’s). It’d be great if others suddenly fell in line, but the past suggests otherwise.

And putting aside the fact that the UAE and Bahrain deals have been underway since pre-Trump, he deserves credit for not screwing it up.

But it’s my understanding that the primary motivator for the deal wasn’t anything Trump did, but rather what he hasn’t been doing…. The Arab states are much more worried about Iran than they are Israel. In recent years, Iran has become increasingly aggressive toward its Arab neighbors, including countless attacks on Arab oil production and shipping, nearly all of which has gone unpunished by the US. By entering into these deals, the Arab states are, in effect, counting on Israel to provide protection against Iran aggression since they can't count on Trump to do so. As the U.S. withdraws its influence from the Middle East, look for Russia and China to make more obvious moves in the region. But at least we’ll save lives and money in the near-term.

But to CardiacCoug's original point, the Hillary would be taking those same victory laps, were she in office. And if she was taking them, CNN would be cheering her on, no doubt about it.
    True. But Hillary would be participating or at least aware of what was going on. What are the chances this deal made one of the 3 bullet points the orange messiah allows in his “briefings” per week? Pretty slim unless the deals involve turning the temple mt into a Trump resort.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The imminent sign-on of other Arab countries to an Israeli peace accord has been predicted by some each time a treaty has been reached in the past (Egypt in the ‘70s, Jordan in the 90’s). It’d be great if others suddenly fell in line, but the past suggests otherwise.

And putting aside the fact that the UAE and Bahrain deals have been underway since pre-Trump, he deserves credit for not screwing it up.

But it’s my understanding that the primary motivator for the deal wasn’t anything Trump did, but rather what he hasn’t been doing…. The Arab states are much more worried about Iran than they are Israel. In recent years, Iran has become increasingly aggressive toward its Arab neighbors, including countless attacks on Arab oil production and shipping, nearly all of which has gone unpunished by the US. By entering into these deals, the Arab states are, in effect, counting on Israel to provide protection against Iran aggression since they can't count on Trump to do so. As the U.S. withdraws its influence from the Middle East, look for Russia and China to make more obvious moves in the region. But at least we’ll save lives and money in the near-term.
    Wait, are you suggesting that we should have "punished" Iran for its numerous provocations? Should this punishment have been accomplished militarily or through sanctions? And is it your position that we have some duty to mete out such punishment, as opposed to the states that were direct objects of Iran's provocations, in order to staunch Russian or Chinese influence? And this naughty Iranian regime is the same one that we were supposedly trusting in the nuclear power treaty? And don't your second and third paragraphs contradict each other? If the deals were in place already how could Trump's ineptitude in not punishing the unruly Iranian school boy lead to the deals?

I think Trump is a buffoon, but this deal is a more hopeful development than any that have come out of the middle east in quite a while, it seems to me. I am also not sure there was as much hope about other nations joining in under the sadat accord or the Jordan agreement nor do I think that is much of a reason to minimize the importance of any state recognizing israel now. Maybe for Trump it's a blind squirrel sort of thing, but it is a pretty important development.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting that we should have "punished" Iran for its numerous provocations? Should this punishment have been accomplished militarily or through sanctions? And is it your position that we have some duty to mete out such punishment, as opposed to the states that were direct objects of Iran's provocations, in order to staunch Russian or Chinese influence? And this naughty Iranian regime is the same one that we were supposedly trusting in the nuclear power treaty? And don't your second and third paragraphs contradict each other? If the deals were in place already how could Trump's ineptitude in not punishing the unruly Iranian school boy lead to the deals?

I think Trump is a buffoon, but this deal is a more hopeful development than any that have come out of the middle east in quite a while, it seems to me. I am also not sure there was as much hope about other nations joining in under the sadat accord or the Jordan agreement nor do I think that is much of a reason to minimize the importance of any state recognizing israel now. Maybe for Trump it's a blind squirrel sort of thing, but it is a pretty important development.
    I'm on vacation* and won't take the time to respond to all of your questions for now, as I don't want to anger you as I've done before with things political. Quick note: perhaps it was unclear, but I think a treaty can be underway but not yet completed, the two new treaties are good things, I believe Trump deserves credit, and I hope there are more. And there is only one Iran, to my knowledge.

*On a tour of Bryce Canyon today, our guide, who resembled a brain-damaged Wilford Brimley, provided the ten of us with some Utah History and lore, including, for example, that there are very few black people in Utah because "Mormons are still holding a grudge against blacks because of the curse on Abraham, and when blacks move in, they never stay more than a couple of years because they're driven out."

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'm on vacation* and won't take the time to respond to all of your questions for now, as I don't want to anger you as I've done before with things political. Quick note: perhaps it was unclear, but I think a treaty can be underway but not yet completed, the two new treaties are good things, I believe Trump deserves credit, and I hope there are more. And there is only one Iran, to my knowledge.

*On a tour of Bryce Canyon today, our guide, who resembled a brain-damaged Wilford Brimley, provided the ten of us with some Utah History and lore, including, for example, that there are very few black people in Utah because "Mormons are still holding a grudge against blacks because of the curse on Abraham, and when blacks move in, they never stay more than a couple of years because they're driven out."
    Maybe we can get Kushner to now turn his attention to minorities and mormons to work something out.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Truth.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Every wacky belief system that succeeds exploits a small kernel of truth.

The Essential Oils crowd is mostly wrong but totally correct in that doctors hurt people all the time by recommending harmful and unnecessary drugs and surgeries/procedures.

The Fake News crowd is mostly wrong but totally correct in that the good things that Trump [accidentally?] does receive zero credit in the mainstream media.

The Essential Oils crowd is mostly wrong but totally correct in that doctors hurt people all the time by recommending harmful and unnecessary drugs and surgeries/procedures.

The Fake News crowd is mostly wrong but totally correct in that the good things that Trump [accidentally?] does receive zero credit in the mainstream media.
    The CB crowd is totally correct that yewts suck!

edit:
    Trump_UofU.jpg
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

I'm not that familiar with how ISIS was taken down. All I remember was the US getting out of the way so Turkey could do some dirty work. I also remember some dustups with Russia in Syria as well. Do you have any overview of what has taken place the last 8 years with it?

Turkey wasn’t and isn’t interested in the destruction of ISIS. Turkey went after the Kurds. New life was breathed into ISIS in the area as a result of the bullshit decision. Turkey and ISIS are defacto allies just about, that’s why the allowed the terrorists to move freely from their soil into Syria and Iraq. Fuck Erdogan.

That is a steaming pantload. Both sides have good people indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post

That is a steaming pantload. Both sides have good people indeed.
    Weird response dude.