Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320
Results 9,571 to 9,587 of 9587

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    As a % of total income (not taxable to avoid their stupid shell-game), my federal tax rate went from 5.7% to 6.9%, and state went from 3.4% to 4.7%. Seriously screw the the lying sacks of shit GOP and their tax bill that shifted the tax burden from cash flushed corporations (that donate a lot to their election campaigns) and to me; joe-blow that can hardly afford to take his kids to disneyland.
    Sounds like you are one of the small minority that didn’t get a tax cut. Or possibly you did get one but the Dems have conditioned you to think you didn’t #goptaxscam
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Sounds like you are one of the small minority that didn’t get a tax cut. Or possibly you did get one but the Dems have conditioned you to think you didn’t #goptaxscam
    Is 35% a "small minority"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.e69227f70f31
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

It's a little hard to draw many useful conclusions from the scant information provided. Mr. Bean, if you want to be taken seriously, please release the last ten years of your tax returns.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Oh sure. You're obviously complaining because you didn't get a cut. Should have worked harder to make welder-level money, bro. I got a cut

It’s smaller than 49%
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Basically anyone in high tax states like California and New York lost some of their federal subsidy for the state taxes. That's a large number of people. I feel for them. But their problem should be with their state governments for over-taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Basically anyone in high tax states like California and New York lost some of their federal subsidy for the state taxes. That's a large number of people. I feel for them. But their problem should be with their state governments for over-taxing.
    Yep. My state taxes are over the limit so I lost out a bit this year compared to last year. For most people it’s not a difficult subsidy to keep. I could keep it if I had a smaller home or lived in a different neighborhood.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Yep. My state taxes are over the limit so I lost out a bit this year compared to last year. For most people it’s not a difficult subsidy to keep. I could keep it if I had a smaller home or lived in a different neighborhood.
    As a fellow Texan, I'm interested to learn of your state income tax rate or dollar amount. (hint: they are the same, as in zero).
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

I tried to pay my taxes but the government wouldn't take my money!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    As a fellow Texan, I'm interested to learn of your state income tax rate or dollar amount. (hint: they are the same, as in zero).
    Yeah, I am very curious about that remark. Moliere is an accountant, right? What are we missing here?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Yeah, I am very curious about that remark. Moliere is an accountant, right? What are we missing here?
    Isn’t he talking about all state and local taxes, including property taxes?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Isn’t he talking about all state and local taxes, including property taxes?
    That must be it.

I am guessing that Moli has a very nice house with a pool.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I am guessing that Moli has a very nice house with a pool.
    I could keep it if I had a smaller home or lived in a different neighborhood.
    Pretty obvious with the not-so-subtle humble brag.
    Last edited by SCcoug; Yesterday at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Sorry, should have said state and local taxes. Most of what I pay is property taxes to local municipal use and schools. I pay state sales tax which is also part of the $10k limitation.

Sorry, should have said state and local taxes. Most of what I pay is property taxes to local municipal use and schools. I pay state sales tax which is also part of the $10k limitation.
    Yeah, with the $10K limit I don't have to keep track of my sales tax records... Thanks Drumpf!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle ed View Post
    I tried to pay my taxes but the government wouldn't take my money!

I know for a fact you file your taxes non-electronically.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst