Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Nevada is mostly public land of one sort or another. 84.9% according to the article linked below. More than 58.6 Million acres of the 70 Million acres located in Nevada.

Reid was trying to free up a lot of that land.

As I understand it, we have (1) BLM land, (2) Forestry land or Parks, (3) Monument land, with descending rights of use, and (4) BIA land, (5) Bureau of Reclamation land, (6) DoD land, (7) DOE land with almost no rights for many of these.

The public lands for use include Fish and Wildlife, Forestry and National Parks.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/h...ent-in-nevada/

I thought Reid was trying to change the public land designation to drive Cliven Bundy's cattle off. BTW, what ever happened to that? Are Cliven and his sons rotting in federal prison yet?

I miss the days when my brother and I would drive our old surplus army jeep out of the BLM land and waste hundreds of rounds of ammo on the jack rabbits that were destroying farmers' haystacks. Of course, we were doing a public service by killing all those bunnies and were very humane about it (e.g., we didn't play "bunny baseball" or anything and just used them for target practice to sharpen our skills). Of course, here in Texas we have much bigger targets.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-05-2017, 12:59 PM.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      I'm still confused why people like this, other than Trump-is-sticking-it-to-the-elites! There are Ted's arguments [once he realized that this was still federal land], like shooting rabbits and grazing: they don't move the needle for me. Southern Utah is a TERRIBLE place to be raising livestock. No comment about removing landmark distinction to enable kids to shoot rabbits.

I guess there is something to the anti-presidential power argument (Moliere), but it is hard to see how letting Trump alone sign these out of existence solves that problem. Basically, this appears to weaken protection of these federal lands. #KeepUtahBeautifulNotLikeTexas
      It is exactly this kind of thing that enrages the folks who live there. They have lived there for generations and are doing fine. Then some goofball in DC decides that they shouldn't be able to continue their livelihood, without any input or consideration from local residents or political leaders.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I'm still confused why people like this, other than Trump-is-sticking-it-to-the-elites! There are Ted's arguments [once he realized that this was still federal land], like shooting rabbits and grazing: they don't move the needle for me. Southern Utah is a TERRIBLE place to be raising livestock. No comment about removing landmark distinction to enable kids to shoot rabbits.

I guess there is something to the anti-presidential power argument (Moliere), but it is hard to see how letting Trump alone sign these out of existence solves that problem. Basically, this appears to weaken protection of these federal lands. #KeepUtahBeautifulNotLikeTexas
        Eddie answers this well, but there is also the issue of private and state inholdings in such a large area. Oil, gas and mineral exploration may be the biggest issue, as it is potentially a huge source of income for counties that otherwise have very little tax base. Water rights, grazing rights, and development rights are also an issue. Any designation that involves a large portion of land, including state and private land, should go through Congress, and I believe was the intent of the Antiquities Act. Trump is using authority he shouldn't have, but he is using it to correct what many believe was a vast overreach by previous presidents.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          It is exactly this kind of thing that enrages the folks who live there. They have lived there for generations and are doing fine. Then some goofball in DC decides that they shouldn't be able to continue their livelihood, without any input or consideration from local residents or political leaders.
          Preach. It is also the reason Trump was elected. Washington politicians have themselves to thank for enraging the flyover states with these kinds of things to the point that they would vote for anyone but a politician. Fortunately, it should only last 4 years, and hopefully, we don't have a nuclear war while we wait.
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            Eddie answers this well, but there is also the issue of private and state inholdings in such a large area. Oil, gas and mineral exploration may be the biggest issue, as it is potentially a huge source of income for counties that otherwise have very little tax base. Water rights, grazing rights, and development rights are also an issue. Any designation that involves a large portion of land, including state and private land, should go through Congress, and I believe was the intent of the Antiquities Act. Trump is using authority he shouldn't have, but he is using it to correct what many believe was a vast overreach by previous presidents.
            Yeah, yeah, yeah... oil, gas, minerals, cattle grazing, etc. We need to protect our jackrabbit hunting lands!
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

There is a lot of livestock raised in Southern Utah. It's amazing how cows can survive on land that looks like it wouldn't sustain anything. Over the years I've popped my head out of a Lake Powell slot canyon, or crested a rock near shore only to find a herd of cattle somehow thriving on land that is mostly rock and sand. Most of the time it's Navajo's doing the ranching.
              Last edited by Shaka; 12-05-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Mike Pence needs to resign immediately...

MIKE PENCE ONCE RATTED OUT HIS FRATERNITY BROTHERS FOR HAVING A KEG

Vice President Mike Pence reportedly snitched on his Phi Gamma Delta fraternity brothers for having a keg at a party on his college’s dry campus and got his entire house in trouble.

Pence, then a sophomore at Hanover College, alerted the dean that his brothers were violating the small Presbyterian school’s strict no-alcohol policy, his former fraternity brother Dan Murphy told The Atlantic in a profile published on Tuesday.
                [...]
                http://www.newsweek.com/mike-pence-o...ing-keg-735711

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  There is a lot of livestock raised in Southern Utah. It's amazing how cows can survive on land that looks like it wouldn't sustain anything. Over the years I've popped my head out of a Lake Powell slot canyon, or crested a rock near shore only to find a heard of cattle somehow thriving on land that is mostly rock and sand. Most of the time it's Navajo's doing the ranching.
                  My BIL runs a herd of cattle right next to Bullfrog.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    My BIL runs a herd of cattle right next to Bullfrog.
                    Can you give me his phone number? I'd like to get your BIL on a conference call with AJ so she can set him straight. TIA.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Welp, this bodes well for Mideast peace:

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in policy shift that could spark unrest

President Trump on Wednesday plans to upend decades of U.S. policy by formally recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and ordering the relocation of the U.S. Embassy to that city, senior aides said, a decision that could derail the White House’s peace efforts and spark regional unrest.

Trump will make his pronouncement in a midday speech after months of deliberation within his administration and consultations with governments in the Middle East. But in a sign of the complexities of such a shift, White House aides emphasized that Trump will sign another six-month waiver maintaining the embassy’s current location in Tel Aviv because the process of moving it will take at least three or four years....

“Our president said, ‘You don’t have anything that would make up for this on Jerusalem,’ ” said Nabil Shaath, an adviser to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas who said Abbas had personally briefed him on the call. Abbas told Trump that he would “not accept it” and warned that the president was “playing into the hands of extremism.”

But Trump “just went on saying he had to do it,” Shaath said.

In Riyadh, the Saudi Press Agency, using the Arabic name for Jerusalem, said King Salman bin Abdul Aziz warned Trump “that such a dangerous step of relocation or recognition of Al-Quds as the capital of Israel would constitute a flagrant provocation of Muslims, all over the world.”

The backlash from other Middle East nations mounted Tuesday.

Speaking to the Turkish parliament, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said American recognition of Jerusalem would be a “red line” for Muslims, possibly forcing Turkey to cut diplomatic ties with Israel that were recently renewed after a six-year hiatus.

Senior White House officials described Trump’s decision as the fulfillment of a key campaign promise that has broad bipartisan support in Congress. They emphasized that the move will not fundamentally change other aspects of U.S. policy. For example, they said, Trump remains supportive of a two-state solution, if that’s what the parties agree to, and the administration is maintaining the status quo on Jerusalem’s holy sites...

No other countries have their embassies in Jerusalem, with a long-standing international consensus that the city’s status should be decided in a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Palestinian factions jointly announced three “days of rage,” beginning Wednesday, to protest the potential U.S. Embassy move and recognition of Jerusalem. In a statement, they called on supporters around the world to gather in city centers and at Israeli embassies and consulates to voice their anger.

In a statement late Tuesday, the U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem urged American citizens in Israel to avoid large crowds or areas where security had been increased, and ordered its staff members and their families to avoid Jerusalem’s Old City and the West Bank except for “essential” business.

Israel annexed East Jerusalem, which contains most of the important holy sites for Jews, Muslims and Christians, after the 1967 war with Arab powers. Palestinians claim East Jerusalem as the capital of a future state, while many Israelis and some in the United States consider the city sector to be already and irrevocably under Israeli administration. Some of Trump’s prominent Jewish backers appear to hold that view, although he has said he wants to honor Palestinian sovereignty through a mutual settlement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.baa1ff11c1c6

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        Welp, this bodes well for Mideast peace:

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in policy shift that could spark unrest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.baa1ff11c1c6
                        It’s all part of Jared’s master plan. MAGA!
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Can you give me his phone number? I'd like to get your BIL on a conference call with AJ so she can set him straight. TIA.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            It’s all part of Jared’s Clinton's master plan. MAGA!
                            FIFY.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              Lol at acting like any notmal.president would be this dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                Lol at acting like any notmal.president would be this dumb
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X