Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good point tho on why washington politicians don’t change the libel laws
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      the red line going up is the disapproval number steadily going up since 8/21. The approval number is the black one going down. It's always stayed below the red one because his numbers have always been underwater. for the most part it's been fairly flat for the summer within a small range. Since 8/21 it's starting to look like an actual trend in the wrong direction for Trump.
      Look at the actual numbers from the polls above the graph. 43, then 45 % approval in weeks of 8/15 and 8/21. Then approval drops 44, 43, 40, 38 around 8/28, until it starts to rise again. 9/2-9/4 has approval back up to 43/44%.

Disapproval started around 54%, went as high as 60% on 8/26-8/29, before dropping back to 54% on 9/2-9/4
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        So it is fake news because he doesnt list everything going well? haha.

We all know trump is a dumbass , you apparently dont. it is interesting how people keep defending 3rd grader actions from a president.
        You apparently think you can read my mind and know how I think. Drumpf, IMHO, is a typical New York bully and a playboy. I don't think he is a good president but all evidence to date has shown he won the election far and square (Mueller has been investigating this for about two years and most likely spent over $100 million still has come up with nothing otherwise). He beat the dem candidate that even the great Obama deemed to be the "most qualified candidate ever". If that is the best the dems have then I guess it is time for a new party to take their place. Even the biggest "dumbass 3rd grader" beat their best.

I am saying that if Woodward was a good reporter in would present all the facts and let us draw our own conclusions. Most news these days just wants to present opinion.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Look at the actual numbers from the polls above the graph. 43, then 45 % approval in weeks of 8/15 and 8/21. Then approval drops 44, 43, 40, 38 around 8/28, until it starts to rise again. 9/2-9/4 has approval back up to 43/44%.

Disapproval started around 54%, went as high as 60% on 8/26-8/29, before dropping back to 54% on 9/2-9/4
          Those are the individual polls. I'm talking about the composite, which is what is graphed and is the current number showing at the top in bold. I wouldn't put as much faith in comparing different single polls day to day, especially when we're talking about slightly different methodologies for each one. Factoring them all together as RCP does is to smooth out the outliers and provide what is a more accurate picture of what national sentiment is, than an individual poll would at any one time. Also, every poll has a margin of error, so the couple of points difference from day to day from two different polls may not be any difference at all in reality. There are a lot of ups and downs in the black and red lines over time. But when you see a straight line up or down in one direction for 2 or 3 weeks, it's a pretty good indication that something is changing.
          Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Those are the individual polls. I'm talking about the composite, which is what is graphed and is the current number showing at the top in bold. I wouldn't put as much faith in comparing different single polls day to day, especially when we're talking about slightly different methodologies for each one. Factoring them all together as RCP does is to smooth out the outliers and provide what is a more accurate picture of what national sentiment is, than an individual poll would at any one time. Also, every poll has a margin of error, so the couple of points difference from day to day from two different polls may not be any difference at all in reality. There are a lot of ups and downs in the black and red lines over time. But when you see a straight line up or down in one direction for 2 or 3 weeks, it's a pretty good indication that something is changing.
            You can't take issue with the individual polls that make up the graph, and then try and claim that the graph itself is accurate. The polls make up the graph.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Had Uncle Ted and this board been around in the early ‘70s, I would have enjoyed his rips on young reporter Woodward, his unnamed sources, the obviously made-up Deep Throat, and the nothingburger of Watergate.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Had Uncle Ted and this board been around in the early ‘70s, I would have enjoyed his rips on young reporter Woodward, his unnamed sources, the obviously made-up Deep Throat, and the nothingburger of Watergate.
                Lol. Yes.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  You can't take issue with the individual polls that make up the graph, and then try and claim that the graph itself is accurate. The polls make up the graph.
                  I'm not taking issue with any of the individual polls. On the contrary, I'm arguing that each one of them has something valuable to contribute by doing it this way rather than each day discarding the one from yesterday, which is the methodology you used. You're taking issue with the methodology of averaging together about a dozen different polls taken roughly over the same period of time to get a more accurate picture than any one individual poll can provide. By taking that average you're essentially combining the sample sizes from many different polls instead of relying on just the much smaller individual sample sizes of poll A today and poll B tomorrow.

The average of all the polls listed there today is what goes into putting one point onto the graph. As new polls are added at the top each day, the oldest ones at the bottom drop off. The average on August 21st was higher than it is today by a couple of points on the approval side and by a few points lower on the disapproval side. That's what the graph is showing. Also check out the oldest polls on the group from today that are included in today's average numbers. They're all lower than the newer ones, so when they drop off over the next couple of days it's going to look like the trend is continuing unless the newer polls replacing them look the same.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Had Uncle Ted and this board been around in the early ‘70s, I would have enjoyed his rips on young reporter Woodward, his unnamed sources, the obviously made-up Deep Throat, and the nothingburger of Watergate.
                    What?... This board wasn't around in the '70's? Lame.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• OMG!!!

WATER INTO BLOOD!

FROGS, LICE, LOCUSTS!

BOILS!

DARKNESS! :yikes:
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This is an interesting tidbit re. media:

A Daily Caller Editor Wrote for an ‘Alt-Right’ Website Using a Pseudonym
                        Scott Greer, an editor and columnist at the Caller, also wrote as “Michael McGregor” for Radix Journal, the publication associated with the “alt-right” figure Richard Spencer.

The former Daily Caller writer and editor Scott Greer has severed all ties with the conservative website after acknowledging that he had written under a pseudonym for the white-supremacist Radix Journal.

Greer, who stepped down as an editor at The Daily Caller in June to write a book, said he would drop his contributor status last week after The Atlantic confronted him with leaked chat logs that showed he had spent some of his time at the website also writing as “Michael McGregor” for Radix, the online publication founded by the “alt-right” leader Richard Spencer, who wants to turn America into a white ethno-state.

The Atlantic last week was the first to report ties between a former Department of Homeland Security official, Ian Smith, and a group of known white nationalists, including Spencer. Greer’s role at Radix offers yet another glimpse into how members of an underground white-nationalist scene—emboldened by the rise of Donald Trump during the 2016 election—were able to operate relatively undetected in conservative institutions.
                        https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/569335/

Comment

Funny you say this because I was earlier thinking to myself how Woodward was running a very different show when he and Bernstein were sleuthing watergate. The pressures of making money for a book publisher are very different than the ones they faced when reporting for a daily 45 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• So about the NY Times op ed yesterday...whoever wrote it is actually doing the country a disservice by not resigning and speaking publicly. Or speak publicly and not anonymously without resigning, I don't care. Just don't pretend to be some hero for secretly working against the president from within. If there is a real problem, which I believe there probably is, then let's use Constitutional means to solve it.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

So about the NY Times op ed yesterday...whoever wrote it is actually doing the country a disservice by not resigning and speaking publicly. Or speak publicly and not anonymously without resigning, I don't care. Just don't pretend to be some hero for secretly working against the president from within. If there is a real problem, which I believe there probably is, then let's use Constitutional means to solve it.
                              Amen... they shouldn't get all "deep state" and stuff.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So about the NY Times op ed yesterday...whoever wrote it is actually doing the country a disservice by not resigning and speaking publicly. Or speak publicly and not anonymously without resigning, I don't care. Just don't pretend to be some hero for secretly working against the president from within. If there is a real problem, which I believe there probably is, then let's use Constitutional means to solve it.
                                You think invoking the 25th amendment, especially in this political climate is something that should be considered? You have to be a little pragmatic here.

I am torn on the op ed. I am glad people like the writer are doing what they are doing. It is necessary and admirable. But publishing an anonymous article is self-serving. The writer is setting himself up for life after the trump administration. Publishing the op ed actually makes it harder to be a check on Trump's worst instincts. So if you feel like you can do the most good working from within then do it, keep your head down, stay quiet, keep detailed records and write a book if you want when it is all over.

Comment

Working...
                                X