Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

(Still working on that trade, mbn for RF. Bring RF from outer darkness and send mbn there in his place. A win-win all around.)
    You are 1000x more likely to get the axe than mbn.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
      Now there's some nuance for you.
      During an emergency is always the time to be extremely cautious about hand-waving questionable uses of power. After the emergency is over (assuming it ever does), the power never goes away, and the prior use is used to claim that the power was always there to be used.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
        During an emergency is always the time to be extremely cautious about hand-waving questionable uses of power. After the emergency is over (assuming it ever does), the power never goes away, and the prior use is used to claim that the power was always there to be used.
        Is prior exercise of Executive Power used as some sort of precedent when the Courts look at it? I'm interested from a Constituional Law POV only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          How many times more likely is Uncle Ted than mbn?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Dude, you're morphing into Frank.

I love Frank! I take it as a complement!

Now, perchance this wasn't a complement, I'm open to anyone providing commentary expressing agreement with this use of executuve power by this particular president. Even more, I'm interested in anyone's confidence that this particular president will implement this order in such a way that those workers will be protected.

I hope it works. I hope that this all just goes away like magic. I hope that much of the country is back to normal by June, and that we are really rocking again by July.

#Frankandmbnstrong!
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Hey now... don't be comparing me to Walter. I just try to keep this place interesting.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Ted's fine, a contrarian but pleasant--a man without bile.

Comment

2168925.jpg
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Ted's fine, a contrarian but pleasant--a man without bile.

Comment

Nobody is in any danger. Unless walter keeps going with this anti-MBN blasphemy.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Nobody is in any danger. Unless walter keeps going with this anti-MBN blasphemy.
                        Noooooooooooo!

All publicity is good publicity.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

I love Frank! I take it as a complement!

Now, perchance this wasn't a complement, I'm open to anyone providing commentary expressing agreement with this use of executuve power by this particular president. Even more, I'm interested in anyone's confidence that this particular president will implement this order in such a way that those workers will be protected.

I hope it works. I hope that this all just goes away like magic. I hope that much of the country is back to normal by June, and that we are really rocking again by July.

#Frankandmbnstrong!

I really don't understand why Trump is going all in on downplaying the virus. And there are seemingly market forces behind the scenes that are getting his supporters to downplay it even more than he is- anti-maskers, the protesters, all walks of obnoxious anti-science dipshits in tow.

Yes, I get that the lighter the threat turns out to be, the more it's not as big of a deal that he f*ked up the response, but... if things get worse at ALL he is f*ked. In fact, he's pretty f*ked now, because-- his well-documented behavior in January/February/March aside-- the economy is king in election year, and it's going to be bad for a while. The only way Trump is vindicated at this point is if, starting like tomorrow, it DOES go away like a 'miracle.' He really is trying to shoot the moon politically, trying to open things up hoping the virus isn't what it has already proven to be.

Nice knowing ya, Worst President Ever.
                          Last edited by Commando; 04-29-2020, 07:09 PM.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Trump is talking about bringing Michael Flynn back into his admin? What a crock of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Trump is talking about bringing Michael Flynn back into his admin? What a crock of shit.
                              President Trump could probably use some advice on how to avoid perjury traps!
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                President Trump could probably use some advice on how to avoid perjury traps!
                                Lol! Flynn was convicted of some crimes. I’m sure this move would thrill Trump’s shirtless owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X