Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should've seen that pardon coming a mile away. They've been quite the soulmates for a while:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Arpaio is a giant piece of shit. Birds of a feather.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        Why would they care if the government has their information? Nothing can be done to them unless they broke the law.
        Aren't you a fan of limited government?

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          Aren't you a fan of limited government?
          Aren't many of his critics advocates for big government?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          "Outlined against a blue, gray
          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Aren't many of his critics advocates for big government?

Haha. Yes, good point. No one can object to government intrusions on privacy if they have voted Democrat in the past. Good point.

Comment

Haha. Yes, good point. No one can object to government intrusions on privacy if they have voted Democrat in the past. Good point.
              That's not my point, but since you went there, what on earth makes you think this is an intrusion on privacy?.

sigpic
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• C'mon cowboy, that's a pretty scary thing for the Justice Dept to be doing (unless every protester is suspected of committing a crime).
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

That's not my point, but since you went there, what on earth makes you think this is an intrusion on privacy?.

A government request for personal info about individuals that accessed a website? Doesn't that sound like privacy to you?

Honestly, I'm truly confused now.

Comment

A government request for personal info about individuals that accessed a website? Doesn't that sound like privacy to you?

Honestly, I'm truly confused now.
                    Now we're full circle. What are they afraid the government is going to do with it if they haven't broken the law?

sigpic
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Now we're full circle. What are they afraid the government is going to do with it if they haven't broken the law?
                      Not breaking the law isn't why we have a right to privacy. Does the government have a compelling interest to know that information? The Constitution was written to require the government to show that it does in order to obtain this kind of thing. Come on!
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Jeez Cowboy, wuap once said that you and Katy were the two smartest people on CS. Then Katy started dissing my Maps and Geography thread, and now you are all "I don't see how the government compiling enemies lists could be a problem". Please tell me you are trying to make a point here so I don't start losing faith in wuap's judgement! I don't know what I will have left without that faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Not breaking the law isn't why we have a right to privacy. Does the government have a compelling interest to know that information? The Constitution was written to require the government to show that it does in order to obtain this kind of thing. Come on!
                          Not really. There is no right to privacy in the constitution, except for one implied by the courts.

That said, I think it is very disturbing that they sought that information precisely BECAUSE no crime was committed or suspected. The govt should keep out of my business unless there is some very good reason. And visiting a site that is engaging in anti-government but legal political activity should, standing alone, never justify being forced to identify yourself. It's like the government collecting names and addresses at an anti-trump rally. Completely improper.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I respect your opinion and typically I agree with you fully, but the logic of your position here eludes me.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              At what point have they violated privacy? Is it when they find out who organized the rally? What about just going to the rally and seeing who the leaders/participants are? Is that wrong, too?
                              sigpic
                              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                                At what point have they violated privacy? Is it when they find out who organized the rally? What about just going to the rally and seeing who the leaders/participants are? Is that wrong, too?
                                That is not an apt analogy. As I understand it, They were trying to force a third party to provide identifying information that is not otherwise available to the public. Being present at a public gathering is not the same.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X