Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Trump isn't horrible as long as he's reading something that has been written by others. It's when he goes off script and says/tweets things that he reveals himself as a vacuous phony. He frequently criticized Obama for using a teleprompter; it would help a lot if he did the same.

I wonder what he thinks of this speech now:
    Remember when people used to argue that Trump would be a good president because he would surround himself with smart people and rely on them? Good times.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Remember when people used to argue that Trump would be a good president because he would surround himself with smart people and rely on them? Good times.
      As I remember it, it was not so much that people were saying he'd be a good president by doing that, it was more along the lines of "I'm not worried he'll be an awful president" because of the people around him.

the other fairly common idea was that he'd be happy to be a figurehead president who would just hang out with celebrities and do all the ceremonial stuff but would let the people he appoints do all the real work. I wish.

Comment

• I guess they let just about anyone into Harvard these days...

Tratado de Guadalupe Hidalgo, Amigo.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          As I remember it, it was not so much that people were saying he'd be a good president by doing that, it was more along the lines of "I'm not worried he'll be an awful president" because of the people around him.
          Whatever.

Also: supreme court picks. Yeesh.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

the other fairly common idea was that he'd be happy to be a figurehead president who would just hang out with celebrities and do all the ceremonial stuff but would let the people he appoints do all the real work. I wish.
            If the Dems would get their crap together and "impeach the motherf---er", like they promised, then we would all be enjoying this cool cat right now...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              If the Dems would get their crap together and "impeach the motherf---er", like they promised, then we would all be enjoying this cool cat right now...

I wonder what scary thing Pence saw to turn his hair white.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If I had to pick a side in this issue, I’d side with Trump. The Dems arguments are pretty lame given the low cost being asked for ($5 billion?) and the perception it gives that they are for illegal immigration. The argument that a wall has an impact on legal immigration and asylum seekers seems unfounded. Those people have to enter at checkpoints anyway so why would a wall deter them?

Again, the wall is a dumb idea but I’m not sure it’s a hill the Dems want to die on.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

do they have the votes for it in both houses? The dems can't do it on their own. But yes, I would take Pence over Orange head.

Comment

do they have the votes for it in both houses? The dems can't do it on their own. But yes, I would take Pence over Orange head.
                    They have the Dems in the house to impeach him.... of course, then he might be acquitted by the Senate but ("shhhhh") don't tell them that.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

They have the Dems in the house to impeach him.... of course, then he might be acquitted by the Senate but ("shhhhh") don't tell them that.
                      well, then what's the point? Not only that, but it's only been 6 days that they've probably had the votes in the House to do even that.
                      But if Trump loves reality TV he's really going to love all the live hearings in the House that are going to start soon.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        If I had to pick a side in this issue, I’d side with Trump. The Dems arguments are pretty lame given the low cost being asked for ($5 billion?) and the perception it gives that they are for illegal immigration. The argument that a wall has an impact on legal immigration and asylum seekers seems unfounded. Those people have to enter at checkpoints anyway so why would a wall deter them?

Again, the wall is a dumb idea but I’m not sure it’s a hill the Dems want to die on.
                        Let Mexico pay for dumb ideas, as was promised by the Dump.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

If I had to pick a side in this issue, I’d side with Trump. The Dems arguments are pretty lame given the low cost being asked for ($5 billion?) and the perception it gives that they are for illegal immigration. The argument that a wall has an impact on legal immigration and asylum seekers seems unfounded. Those people have to enter at checkpoints anyway so why would a wall deter them?

TL;DR: The wall is dumb. Democrats are to blame for opposing this dumb, cheap idea.

Comment

They have the House, therefore they should be able to get something in return.

Comment

They don't, actually. They need to apply for asylum within a year of entering the U.S., but entry with inspection at a point of entry is not a requirement.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                They don't, actually. They need to apply for asylum within a year of entering the U.S., but entry with inspection at a point of entry is not a requirement.
                                Gotcha. Regardless, a wall isn’t going to prevent them from applying or being granted asylum. Do many asylum seekers cross the border at very remote areas with no real way to get to a point of entry?

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                They have the House, therefore they should be able to get something in return.
                                Hasn’t trump offered stuff in return?

Bottom line is that although the wall is a dumb idea, a lot of Americans want one and a majority of Americans are for strong border patrol and against illegal immigration.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X