Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are watching weekly press briefings?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      I have a new most hated cabinet official
      I didn't see it. Was it Stephen 3rd Reich Miller?

Comment

• Better crack down on student visas!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-652246

Among the fresh ideas being circulated: tightening rules on student visas and exchange programs; limiting visas for temporary agricultural workers; making it harder for legal immigrants who have applied for any welfare programs to obtain residency; and collecting biometric data from visitors from certain countries.

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          I didn't see it. Was it Stephen 3rd Reich Miller?
          They postponed it by six hours, but the sun was still up, so they had to bring in Kristen with all the e’s and a j instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            Because I'm too lazy to look it up, is the TA doing anything different with illegal immigrant families than the OA? I'm not in favor of it either way, but I'm pretty liberal when it comes to immigration. I do think that the press should judge all administrations equally on the issue, though.

Sure, they're breaking the law. But honestly, how serious is it? If they come here to leach off the system or commit more serious crimes, that's one thing. Coming here just to get a decent job is another. Like every other black market, the black market of immigration is created by a government that warps incentives. Getting back to the question, though, where did this idiocy start, and has it changed under Trump, or is it just getting more press because he's Trump and broadly disliked by the media?

Nope it's a new policy. Entry Without Inspection is a misdemeanor whose prosecution has always been deferred b/c it has no teeth on a first time offense. Those cases are deferred to DHS for removal proceedings, where a person will assert the right to apply for asylum, be detained or post bond, etc etc etc.

NOW, under Jeff Sessions, they figured out that if they charge those first time offenders, they have to refer them to federal detention and their kids can't go with them. That triggers a result that is so severe that the majority aren't likely to assert their right to asylum. Basically state-sponsored genocide (which forcible family separation is, to get technical.) Yeah Trump isn't well-liked, and this exclusive Trump policy is part of the reason why. And Trump claiming it's all the Democrats' faults is a new level of just fuck off, Trump.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Nope it's a new policy. Entry Without Inspection is a misdemeanor whose prosecution has always been deferred b/c it has no teeth on a first time offense. Those cases are deferred to DHS for removal proceedings, where a person will assert the right to apply for asylum, be detained or post bond, etc etc etc.

NOW, under Jeff Sessions, they figured out that if they charge those first time offenders, they have to refer them to federal detention and their kids can't go with them. That triggers a result that is so severe that the majority aren't likely to assert their right to asylum. Basically state-sponsored genocide (which forcible family separation is, to get technical.) Yeah Trump isn't well-liked, and this exclusive Trump policy is part of the reason why. And Trump claiming it's all the Democrats' faults is a new level of just fuck off, Trump.
              Thanks. So what was the picture being circulated that turned out to be an Obama era photo all about? Again, not that it matters.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around arresting people who try to come here legally by requesting asylum. I think Trump is a bigot, but I also think his primary motivation is to pander to his base. That in itself is bizarre, because I'd guess the majority of his base would disapprove if they really understood the issue.

This is where the media became the boy who cried wolf. They showed an O-era photo to begin with, are rabid about all things Trump, so I think many have assumed it was another case of the media making a big deal out of something that really isn't. It's tragic, because this is something that the media could really influence if 60% of the voters didn't think they were just shills.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

gtfo with your uninformed jerkoff opinion. it’s not like this stuff is your livelihood and you know it like the back of your hand.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

This is where the media became the boy who cried wolf. They showed an O-era photo to begin with, are rabid about all things Trump, so I think many have assumed it was another case of the media making a big deal out of something that really isn't. It's tragic, because this is something that the media could really influence if 60% of the voters didn't think they were just shills.
                  oh boy
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Thanks. So what was the picture being circulated that turned out to be an Obama era photo all about? Again, not that it matters.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around arresting people who try to come here legally by requesting asylum. I think Trump is a bigot, but I also think his primary motivation is to pander to his base. That in itself is bizarre, because I'd guess the majority of his base would disapprove if they really understood the issue.

Actually, yes, this was happening in limited occurrences under Obama. His calling card was the opposite of family separation but still the very awful "family detention"(also known as 'baby jail'- google that one) where entire families were detained for indefinite periods of time and kids were literally growing up in jail; taking their first steps, celebrating birthdays, etc. Disgusting, right? And yes, sometimes unaccompanied kids were detained in awful conditions so it doesn't surprise me that pic is from 2014.

However (deep breath) ... this is happening a hundred fold now. The government is literally renting out an abandoned Wal Mart in Texas to detain hundreds of kids in makeshift kennels. They are working on an outdoor "tent city" in El Paso for kids. Fun!! The government just released "official" video of the conditions after multiple lawmakers from around the country demanded entrance to the facilities. I gotta say the conditions are not flattering. Flat concrete to sleep on, metal bleachers to sit on, and foil space blankets for warmth. There are now thousands of kids without their parents at the most tender part of their lives-- some as young as 4 years old just chilling in these glammed up dog pounds. They tell the parents they are going to take the kids for a bath and then the kids just vanish and the parents are taken away. Young siblings in these "care" facilities for minors, huddling and crying for their parents are ordered to "not hug" and are separated. What the media has gotten wrong honestly did not alter the narrative in any meaningful way. I just don't think things could be going any worse with this administration, but then they've proven me wrong every single time I've said that before.

Oh but don't worry. We have a fucking Space Force coming down the pike!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/polit...rce/index.html

Oh- here's some light reading and listening. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-n...618-story.html
                    Last edited by Commando; 06-18-2018, 07:13 PM.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Thanks, commando. This sucks. How long will it take for courts to right it? Also, are they entitled to legal counsel? What a mess.
                      sigpic
                      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

This summarizes perfectly the influence right-wing media has had on the electorate. Trump’s most offensive and immoral policies are automatically judged through a media bias filter.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          This summarizes perfectly the influence right-wing media has had on the electorate. Trump’s most offensive and immoral policies are automatically judged through a media bias filter.
                          Does that make the biased media partly responsible for Trump? And would that be ironic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Does that make the biased media partly responsible for Trump? And would that be ironic?
                            trump gets treated exactly how he deserves. negative press when he sucks. good press when he is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              I’ll defer to the irony sheriff on this one.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                And in this entire conversation, this is the comment you want to discuss? This summarizes perfectly why I'm correct. Only the 20 percent on each end of the Trump spectrum look at the media as unbiased. Everyone else sees pretty clearly that there isn't an unbiased major media outlet.

Maximus is probably right that Trump gets what he deserves, but not a day of the Trump presidency has gone by without CNN and MSNBC whining about something Trump. Not even the handful of Republicans that work at these outlets say anything positive. Fox, on the other hand, is typically all right all the time. Nobody can be believed, and I stopped watching the news years ago. The print media aren't much better, but the opinion pieces at least admit bias.
                                sigpic
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X