Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Trump's lawyer claims he paid Stormy Daniels $130,000 out of his own pocket and that Trump didn't reimburse him, directly or indirectly. I'm curious if anyone on the planet believes that. It would be interesting to know how he accounted for that payment from a tax perspective.
    I imagine he 10-99ed this one. Then again, if Trump provided tools, a place to sit, and a certain level of supervising authority...
    Last edited by originalsocal; 02-14-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      trump is such a good negotiator that cohen pays him (and his hookers)
      And yet evangelicals love the guy It's like when I would have my 7 year old buy things for me on Sunday. No one is breaking the sabbath since she was accountable and couldn't sin.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        And yet evangelicals love the guy It's like when I would have my 7 year old buy things for me on Sunday. No one is breaking the sabbath since she was accountable and couldn't sin.
        Worked for my wife's family. My non-member FIL was sent to get take-out after church regularly.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          Worked for my wife's family. My non-member FIL was sent to get take-out after church regularly.
          Yeah, like the family my wife grew up in. Dad was not a member. Her mom was I guess in most ways a very hard-core member, yet she had no trouble getting her husband to run get things for her from Target on Sunday, and not stuff that was an emergency of any kind. We're definitely active LDS, but rules around the Sabbath is just one of those things that's kind of flexible in our home right now given how she grew up.

Comment

• Millions of Americans Demand $130,000 For Not Having Sex with Trump.

But, even as millions of Americans clamored to be compensated for abstaining from sex with Cohen’s client, others, like Carol Foyler, of Tallahassee, Florida, took a different view. “Never having sex with Donald Trump should be a reward in itself,” she said.

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

I suspect that was at the urging of the NRA. MAGA!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  I suspect that was at the urging of the NRA Putin. MAGA!
                  FIFY.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I don't think this was posted here earlier, but this video continues to bug the hell out of me. It's a bunch of genuinely stupid evangelical women who speak of their "precious president," and who believe Trump is a changed man from his earlier days of sin, etc. They speak glowingly of the Christians principles of repentance and redemption, while ignoring the point that those things require recognition and remorse by the wrongdoer, which Trump has very clearly repudiated. Trump continues to demonize his female accusers (where were these types of women when good men like Romney, Obama and others were running). Strangely, they appear only with dudes like Clinton, Edwards, and Trump...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...aye-dnt-nr.cnn

Comment

I don't think this was posted here earlier, but this video continues to bug the hell out of me. It's a bunch of genuinely stupid evangelical women who speak of their "precious president," and who believe Trump is a changed man from his earlier days of sin, etc. They speak glowingly of the Christians principles of repentance and redemption, while ignoring the point that those things require recognition and remorse by the wrongdoer, which Trump has very clearly repudiated. Trump continues to demonize his female accusers (where were these types of women when good men like Romney, Obama and others were running). Strangely, they appear only with dudes like Clinton, Edwards, and Trump...

Which one of those Christian ladies is UT's ex?
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• I didn't realize that famous people used the press to buy and bury a.k.a catch and kill. And that the press blackmails celebrities with stories they are burying. Kind of scary.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...mbid=synd_digg

Comment

(where were these types of women when good men like Romney, Obama and others were running). Strangely, they appear only with dudes like Clinton, Edwards, and Trump...

Comment

• Haha. A group of political science scholars got together and voted on the best and worst presidents in US history. In a result that will shock nobody but Orrin Hatch, Trump came in dead last.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-r...inkId=48284274

Abe Lincoln was #1.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Haha. A group of political science scholars got together and voted on the best and worst presidents in US history. In a result that will shock nobody but Orrin Hatch, Trump came in dead last.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-r...inkId=48284274

Abe Lincoln was #1.
                              In an important way I think this is essentially the whole point of the Trump presidency. If "establishment" types like scholars, academics, political scientists, economists, etc.,...liberal or conservative think he's a terrible president, then he's exactly what his base thinks he should be. It's like grunge music from the mid 90s: it's just meant to be grating to the ears of most people as a reaction to the normal. Trump was meant to be a crappy president to the type of people who are influential in society. The example from other countries in electing these types of revolutionary type figures tends to universally lead to a really bad thing for a country eventually (like Chavez in Venezuela), but so be it. It won't be like that here. Trump is going to make America great. Or so the thinking goes. And the establishment types in his party who are (irresponsibly in my opinion) quietly going along with the chaos or craziness do so because maybe they can get a tax bill or a few other things passed. Very short sighted, in my view, but that's the unfortunate nature of our current politics.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 02-20-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                It's like grunge music from the mid 90s: it's just meant to be grating to the ears of most people as a reaction to the normal.
                                Shut your whore mouth.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X