Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    LOL... I miss Chris.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      Top Youth Soccer Recruits for Trump?

So does this prove he must be a democrat plant because the pictures on the van are just part of the act?

Trump is pissed. We could be talking politics and instead it's all about this "bomb stuff"

Comment

• Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, referring to US troops who are expected to be deployed to the southern border to deter an incoming migrant caravan, said Thursday that "we do not have any intention right now to shoot at people."

Holy cow. No intention "right now."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/26/polit...ump/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, referring to US troops who are expected to be deployed to the southern border to deter an incoming migrant caravan, said Thursday that "we do not have any intention right now to shoot at people."

Holy cow. No intention "right now."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/26/polit...ump/index.html
          Holy Cow! How about taking thw quotation IN CONTEXT:

"We do not have any intention right now to shoot at people, but they will be apprehended, however," Nielsen said in an interview with Fox News. "But I also take my officers and agents, their own personal safety, extraordinarily seriously. They do have the ability, of course, to defend themselves."

Does that sentiment truly alarm you?
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

"We do not have any intention right now to shoot at people, but they will be apprehended, however," Nielsen said in an interview with Fox News. "But I also take my officers and agents, their own personal safety, extraordinarily seriously. They do have the ability, of course, to defend themselves."

the words "RIGHT NOW" yes alarm me. Why shouldn't it at least a little. Good hell. That makes it sound like it's a possibility at some point, doesn't it?

I also never thought the US government would be guilty of taking small children away from their parents and secretly shipping them overnight to a totally different part of the country without as much as writing down the name or location of their parents so they could be reunited later. But it happened under this immoral administration.
            Last edited by BlueK; 10-26-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Actually, it does. Deployed troops who are providing logistical support should be nowhere near a situation in which they might be apprehending anyone.

They are not law enforcement. They are prohibited from engaging in law enforcement.

Comment

RIGHT NOW yes alarms me. Why shouldn't it. Good hell. That makes it sound like it's a possibility at some point, doesn't it?
                Because she is leaving open the possibility they will need to defend themselves. Yes, that is really CRAZY!
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                  Actually, it does. Deployed troops who are providing logistical support should be nowhere near a situation in which they might be apprehending anyone.

They are not law enforcement. They are prohibited from engaging in law enforcement.
                  She didn't say the military would necessarily be apprehending anyone, which I think is fairly clear. And this is not domestic law enforcement, this is border protection. You may not like the policy, which is a different issue, but if the military is there, at the border, and they are attacked, at he border, and need to defend themselves, at the border, from persons coming from outside the border, then yes, I would expect them to exercise the right to defend themselves. How can that possibly be controversial?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Because she is leaving open the possibility they will need to defend themselves. Yes, that is really CRAZY!
                    They won't need to defend themselves. That's silly.

Comment

So, in other words, her statement doesn't bother you at all. Unless you get all HOLY COW about irrelevant but typical policy statements.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

How can you possibly know that?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So, in other words, her statement doesn't bother you at all. Unless you get all HOLY COW about irrelevant but typical policy statements.
                          At best it was severely poorly worded.

At worst she knows the President really would prefer the military go down there to mow everyone down with machine guns who tries to step over the border and this is her best attempt to appease both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                            Actually, the troops being deployed are National Guard troops, so Posse Comitatus doesn't apply. I remember carrying a loaded M16 in New Orleans--never thought I'd see the day.

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            She didn't say the military would necessarily be apprehending anyone, which I think is fairly clear. And this is not domestic law enforcement, this is border protection. You may not like the policy, which is a different issue, but if the military is there, at the border, and they are attacked, at he border, and need to defend themselves, at the border, from persons coming from outside the border, then yes, I would expect them to exercise the right to defend themselves. How can that possibly be controversial?
                            Border protection is an interesting function, and you certainly wouldn't expect our standing army to be prohibited from doing so. I hope America never sees full scale war on its soil ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              How can you possibly know that?
                              most people are rational enough not to just attack someone holding a machine gun.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 10-26-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

At worst she knows the President really would prefer the military go down there to mow everyone down with machine guns who tries to step over the border and this is her best attempt to appease both sides.
                                Seriously? That's really what you think?
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X