Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Would it be crazier if a democrat had said it?

Comment

• And here we go. Trump has zero interest in signing any kind of immigration deal that even attempts to fix anything. His way or the highway. I would wish the congress had enough courage to pass it and stick on his desk so he'd have to actually veto it though.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/polit...ise/index.html

Comment

• and here we go again...ramping up a trade war.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/15/news...war/index.html
        Last edited by BlueK; 06-15-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Wants a 25% tariff on all foreign cars . Lol dumbass

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            Wants a 25% tariff on all foreign cars . Lol dumbass
            even though most of those foreign cars for the US market are built in the USA. Nice way to sock it both to consumers and workers at the same time.
            Last edited by BlueK; 06-15-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• What’s is going take for Ted, Walt and Shaka to admit Trump is a disaster?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                What’s is going take for Ted, Walt and Shaka to admit Trump is a disaster?
                The economy is going to be the most powerful factor in trimming anyone off his base. And the fastest way to wreck it is exactly what Trump is trying to do now with trade.

Comment

What’s is going take for Ted, Walt and Shaka to admit Trump is a disaster?
                  Well, you're whining isn't helping. TDS is strong in you.

Comment

Well, you're whining isn't helping. TDS is strong in you.
                    Doesn’t mean much coming from someone who found his rhetoric appealing. And if you base your opinion on me “whining” about someone, that’s some JR high level childishness, that demonstrates a lack of intellect.
                    Last edited by frank ryan; 06-15-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Doesn’t mean much coming from someone who found his rhetoric appealing. And if you base your opinion on me “whining” about someone, that’s some JR high level childishness, that demonstrates a lack of intellect.
                      It probably should. Largely because of you this thread is an echo chamber. Ideas can't be debated because you and BlueK to a lesser extent, simply can't fathom how someone's opinion might differ from your own. Instead you view every Trump action through the worst possible lens and do your Red Riding Hood routine. The fable teaches us that those who repeatedly cry wolf are tuned out.

I do not agree with every Trump action and I think what's happening with immigration at the moment isn't smart. However, I work in the business world and I recognize his tactics. Similar tactics play out in board rooms, conference rooms, and over the phone every day. Sure Trump's a blowhard but that's not an uncommon trait in the business world.

Also your personal insult at the end is lame. Grow up dude.

Comment

It probably should. Largely because of you this thread is an echo chamber. Ideas can't be debated because you and BlueK to a lesser extent, simply can't fathom how someone's opinion might differ from your own. Instead you view every Trump action through the worst possible lens and do your Red Riding Hood routine. The fable teaches us that those who repeatedly cry wolf are tuned out.

I do not agree with every Trump action and I think what's happening with immigration at the moment isn't smart. However, I work in the business world and I recognize his tactics. Similar tactics play out in board rooms, conference rooms, and over the phone every day. Sure Trump's a blowhard but that's not an uncommon trait in the business world.

After all this time, every poster is set in his ways. I am surprised Frank doesn’t cut you some slack and also surprised he views the world so black and white.

I don’t know anybody who likes his rhetoric but I know people who don’t like the current lack of immigration policy.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I think what's happening with immigration at the moment isn't smart.
                          Interesting thought. No it's not smart.

Comment

In some parallel universe this may be an echochamber, but that certainly isn’t the case here.
                            More often than not I ignore you. You’re not one to talk about insults and claim a high ground. Youve done that in several exchanges you have had with me. Your last two posts were insulting. I’m sick of that and your gaslighting. And to the specific insult, it is not a sign of wisdom to base your view of the president on whether or not someone you hate on the internet doesn’t like him.

As to the crying wolf, Trump hasn’t been absolved of any of the Russia stuff, in fact as the investigation moves along it appears more likely that at at minimum members of his camp worked, or least tried their damnedest to, with the Russians.

I’m not preventing you from making a logical case why your guy isn’t such a bad president. In the spirit of discourse, I know you liked Bears Ears and the Supreme Court but I know of no other reasons you have for defending him
                            Last edited by frank ryan; 06-15-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

In some parallel universe this may be an echochamber, but that certainly isn’t the case here.
                              More often than not I ignore you. You’re not one to talk about insults and claim a high ground. Youve done that in several exchanges you have had with me. Your last two posts were insulting. I’m sick of that and your gaslighting. And to the specific insult, it is not a sign of wisdom to base your view of the president on whether or not someone you hate on the internet doesn’t like him.

I’m not preventing you from making a logical case why your guy isn’t such a bad president. In the spirit of discourse, I know you liked Bears Ears and the Supreme Court but I know of no other reasons you have for defending him
                              That's absolutely the case. That's why the only discussion you see from those who might have some support for Trump is Ted trolling. Every once in a while Walt, Eddie, or myself will chime in but it's really not worth it. You're the reason why it's not and your post is a fine example of why. You simply can't comprehend others who might have differing views.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                Interesting thought. No it's not smart.
                                The problem with discussing politics on a board such as this is each side is trying for gotchas. In terms of what nations do to peoples trying to flood across their borders, I wager none of know how other nations address this issue. That might send somebody scampering for Dr. Google, but absent new research, all of the complainers are responding to basic clickbait.

The process may be unfair and unjust, something that at first glance appears to be so, but as I read the WaPo article on it, it sounds much more complex than is playing out on social media. The hue and cry which automatically erupts over any immigration policy or procedure makes it easy to tune the entire discussion out. I have a good friend, whom I know in person, but who is outraged at everything, if it has any link to 45. I remember reading her state she believed in open borders just like Canada. Well, news alert, Canada doesn't have open borders. It doesn't neighbor any country with severe economic catastrophes, so people aren't able to stream across the border.

The point is everybody complains about our mish-mash of immigration rules, but the same complainers would be surprised some of the rules which various presidents have wanted to implement are similar to that of neighbors or other nations. The only prevailing thread is people want to be unhappy and want to complain, without knowledge of all of the facts.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X