Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    In an important way I think this is essentially the whole point of the Trump presidency. If "establishment" types like scholars, academics, political scientists, economists, etc.,...liberal or conservative think he's a terrible president, then he's exactly what his base thinks he should be. It's like grunge music from the mid 90s: it's just meant to be grating to the ears of most people as a reaction to the normal. Trump was meant to be a crappy president to the type of people who are influential in society. The example from other countries in electing these types of revolutionary type figures tends to universally lead to a really bad thing for a country eventually (like Chavez in Venezuela), but so be it. It won't be like that here. Trump is going to make America great. Or so the thinking goes. And the establishment types in his party who are (irresponsibly in my opinion) quietly going along with the chaos or craziness do so because maybe they can get a tax bill or a few other things passed. Very short sighted, in my view, but that's the unfortunate nature of our current politics.
    That was my first thought-- nothing would make a Trump supporter cheer like an article stating that academics ranked Trump's as the worst presidency ever.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      That was my first thought-- nothing would make a Trump supporter cheer like an article stating that academics ranked Trump's as the worst presidency ever.
      Yep. We are living in strange times.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Yep. We are living in strange times.
        But the funny thing is that if Trump himself read this it would make him livid.
        Last edited by BlueK; 02-20-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          But the funny thing is that if Trump himself read this it would make him livid.
          "BUT DON'T YOU SEE?? THAT'S THE GENIUS OF TRUMP!" - rando trump supporter.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            "BUT DON'T YOU SEE?? THAT'S THE GENIUS OF TRUMP!" - rando trump supporter.
            We talk about the "Greatest Generation" or attach other names to generations of the past. Future generations are going to look back at the one that elected Trump as the stupidest generation ever: "What in the hell were those people thinking!!??!"

Comment

In a result that will shock nobody but Orrin Hatch, Trump came in dead last.
              Careful...

Comment

• Today's laugher from the Donald came during an interview in which he rips into the sheriffs who stood outside. Quoth Drumpf, "I really believe I would have run in there, even if I didn't have a weapon." Okay, first, his immenseness isn't going to be running anywhere--don't make me post that tennis pic again. He had to get his doctor to fudge his height and weight numbers to avoid the clinical definition of obese.

And there's no reason to think that even a svelte Captain Bone Spurs would do anything other than direct others to do his fighting for him. But I'm sure he'd have some cruel sobriquets to fling at the shooter when the time was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Today's laugher from the Donald came during an interview in which he rips into the sheriffs who stood outside. Quoth Drumpf, "I really believe I would have run in there, even if I didn't have a weapon." Okay, first, his immenseness isn't going to be running anywhere--don't make me post that tennis pic again. He had to get his doctor to fudge his height and weight numbers to avoid the clinical definition of obese.

And there's no reason to think that even a svelte Captain Bone Spurs would do anything other than direct others to do his fighting for him. But I'm sure he'd have some cruel sobriquets to fling at the shooter when the time was right.
                  That's funny.

Still blows my mind that this clown got elected.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Today's laugher from the Donald came during an interview in which he rips into the sheriffs who stood outside. Quoth Drumpf, "I really believe I would have run in there, even if I didn't have a weapon." Okay, first, his immenseness isn't going to be running anywhere--don't make me post that tennis pic again. He had to get his doctor to fudge his height and weight numbers to avoid the clinical definition of obese.

Maybe Drumpf would have pulled his limo over and told the shooter to put his gun down... Apparently it worked before:

The Trump Files: The Time Donald Trump Pulled Over His Limo to Stop a Beating

Just the sight of Donald Trump can calm the violent streets of New York, apparently.

At least that was reportedly the case in November 1991, when Trump was on his way to a Paula Abdul concert in his limo and saw a man being pummeled on an unidentified Manhattan street. “The man was getting beaten with a baseball bat, but no one did a thing until the limo drove up and Super Donald leaped out,” the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

That was all it took to stop the assailant in his tracks. “The guy with the bat looked at me, and I said, ‘Look, you’ve gotta stop this. Put down the bat,'” Trump told the New York Daily News. “I guess he recognized me because he said, ‘Mr. Trump, I didn’t do anything wrong.’ I said, ‘How could you not do anything wrong when you’re whacking a guy with a bat?’ Then he ran away.”
                    [...]
                    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ped-a-beating/
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Still blows my mind that this clown got elected.
                      Wait, what?! I though you were a #russia #woke disciple?

[ Psst... don't tell frank or BlueK, but Trump's election could be attributed to something simple like citizens 65 years and older reported much higher turnout (70.9 percent) than 18- to 29-year-olds (46.1 percent)... which is to say (and I've said this somewhere before) old people are dumb. ]
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

[ Psst... don't tell frank or BlueK, but Trump's election could be attributed to something simple like citizens 65 years and older reported much higher turnout (70.9 percent) than 18- to 29-year-olds (46.1 percent)... which is to say (and I've said this somewhere before) old people are dumb. ]
                        Yeah, remember all the young people protesting the election in the week following Trump's victory? In spite of the fact that most of them didn't vote the week before?

And you call old people dumb.

Comment

Yeah, remember all the young people protesting the election in the week following Trump's victory? In spite of the fact that most of them didn't vote the week before?

And you call old people dumb.
                          Tsk tsk... this factual observation also doesn't support the #russia narrative.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Yeah, only one thing in isolation can explain an election. Yes, that's what I've said.

Comment

• Andy Borowitz was equally amused by Trump's bold declaration of bravery.

Trump Orders Parade to Celebrate His Hypothetical Act of Heroism in Florida School

Comment

• I'm going to guess Commando isn't on board with ICE agents acting like this:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02/...-familys-home/

Seems to fit well with the kind of America Trump is trying to create though.

Comment

Working...
                                X