Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    It is not only out of the norm but it reveals him as a would be DESPOT!
    I find myself asking how big of a despot is the dude in France. Because apparently Trump wants to be a bigger one than him.

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      It is not only out of the norm but it reveals him as a would be DESPOT!
      True fact. I learned what a despot is by playing Sid Meier’s Civilization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Moliere; 02-07-2018, 10:09 AM.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• If there were no restraints on him, Trump would be a despot. It’s in his DNA. He’s not bound be any kind of moral code or reverence for democracy or liberty.

Don’t just look at the parade, but all of his behaviors. The guy will wield any power he can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I’ll admit that an annual military parade seems really weird and out of line with a democratic nation. But then again, I think 90% of what trump does and says is out of line

Trump being out of the norm is what makes him annoying to normal people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            True fact. I learned what a despot is by playing Sid Meier’s Civilization.

great game, possibly the best ever invented.

Comment

• yikes!

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I've decided who I am voting for next month in the Texas primary. This guy is running as a republican against Ted Cruz. Says he's raised $600,000, which seems like a lot for a senate primary challenger. What he says about Trump:

"I support the president's efforts to improve our failing healthcare system, which Obamacare did not fix. I support streamlining the regulatory bureaucracy so it is more effective and navigable for our economic engines. I support rolling back bad regulations in the oil and gas and financial sectors. I will support those approaches regardless of who is in the Oval Office.

I do differ from the President when it comes to trade, immigration, marijuana, and refugees. I believe Texas’ best interests are in direct opposition with Trump’s agenda on those issues, and I’m on the side of Texas. We have to be leaders on productive trade agreements. We have to solve our documentation problems on behalf of Texas’ businesses. And we have to open our arms to people in need.

But there's more to say about the President than his policy.

For over a decade, our legislators have been incapable of ensuring a functioning government in Washington. They have proven utterly inept at negotiating enduring solutions, productive outcomes or even finding common ground with their fellow lawmakers. They have been focused instead solely on raising funds for re-election and their PACs. Our politics polarized into a perfect storm: a dominant Trump-style of President that exploits our dysfunctional government to populist and nativist ends.

I believe Trump is getting away with immense corruption and egregious nepotism in the halls of the federal government. Perhaps more alarming than our current administration's click-baiting of the media and sheer disregard for the institutions that preserve our Republic and make America great is that Congress lets him get away with it.

At the time we need them most, our lawmakers have abdicated their responsibility to act as a co-equal branch of government and a check on this Executive’s deliberate amateurism. Republican career politicians like the Senator from Texas have either failed in their Constitutional duties despite their best efforts, or they are unwilling to carry out their constitutional responsibilities out of political convenience. Either way, that's grounds for dismissal.

There is only one useful question to ask about President Trump: How we can ensure someone like him will never again disfigure our representative government?"

Trade:
                The populist calls to redefine our trade relationship with Mexico under NAFTA overlooks the role international trade plays in the Texas economy.

Our state benefits from $38 Billion in trade each year under NAFTA, and from the immense investment along our border communities in places like El Paso, McAllen, Laredo, and Brownsville. Texas' economy also is buoyed by the millions of dollars recirculated in our state by international trade. NAFTA is paramount for the oil and gas industries, for the Port in Houston and Corpus. It is fundamental for Texas' agricultural industries as well: NAFTA allows our ranchers and farmers to access a larger market.

In the U.S. Senate I will fight to secure the support necessary to expand and modernize Texas' benefits through NAFTA. In light of the recent energy sector downturn, international trade will continue to be a major boon by diversifying the state's economy.

Immigration:
                "What we need to truly reform the illegal immigration problem in our country is to make the legal process preferable to paying a cartel or coyote to cross into this nation.

I believe we can be competitive with our visa and immigration application pricing to encourage the legal route and make the process simpler and more efficient. That would include instituting biometric entry/exit security systems to ensure we're welcoming productive immigrants without a criminal past.

Given the opportunity for millions of people to come out of the shadows, I believe undocumented immigrants would choose to pay back taxes on any received benefits (public education, law enforcement, etc), go through the immigration process retroactively with support from their American employers, and start openly contributing to the country that offers so much in return.

I am not in favor of blanket amnesty granting full rights of citizenship to people who broke our law. That said, I believe we can act with compassion to fix the immigration system's failures to encourage people to follow the rule of law, keeping families together, and avoiding a major labor setback to Texas' agriculture, construction, and energy sectors."

https://voterguide.dallasnews.com/20...=candidate-143

Geez, a republican running for office in 2018 who talks like a reasonable person on these issues? Will he beat Cruz? probably not, but I'll feel good about my vote.
                Last edited by BlueK; 02-07-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• The picture alone would be enough to annoy Trump.

https://www.stefanofortexas.com/meet-stefano/

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    yikes!

Surprised that didn't reveal Voldemort.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• One of the enjoyable parts of Fire and Fury is Ivanka's description of how her dad assembles his hair, using the two patches of growth on each side to build the swirling mess on top and in back, all glued together with copious amounts of spray (but apparently not always enough). I recall from more than two decades ago that Ivana (wife no.1) allegedly filed a complaint against Drumpf for physical abuse which he inflicted on her following a botched hair transplant procedure by a doctor she had recommended. She later withdrew the complaint. I have a hunch she got more for her silence than did Stormy Daniels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        Surprised that didn't reveal Voldemort.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Stuck at O'Hare which means I'm forced to listen to the news while I wait. Partisan memos that are supposed to prove something, parsing text messages between two fbi agents that were boning while investigating Trump aids; both sides are nuts. I can't believe some of you can stand paying attention to the details of all this nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            I can't believe some of you can stand paying attention to the details of all this nonsense.
                            Super mean post. franK is going to be mad.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• So this Rob Porter guy served a mission to London, is a son of a HBS professor and worked for both Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Hope Hicks seems to have a type.

Comment

Working...
                                X