Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Either way, it can't/should not be done by executive order.
    Absolutely. Congress owns this. Both sides are too busy blaming presidents (both current and former) and demonizing the other side rather than actually, well, legislating.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Absolutely. Congress owns this. Both sides are too busy blaming presidents (both current and former) and demonizing the other side rather than actually, well, legislating.
      But this is the problem. If it is subject to congressional action, then the 14th amendment language is not, on its face, dispositive. If the 14th amendment controls, then the only option is a constitutional amendment.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Someone hurry and tell Paul Ryan that the only appropriate response to Trump here is,

"I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I? (in an annoying whiny voice)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/polit...rms/index.html

Comment

You may be right. I don't know this area of the law. I do note that the holding of the case you're citing here has no bearing on the issue, even though the language you quote supports the inference you are drawing. There may be some argument to be made, but I have no idea if there is a chance to prevail. Either way, it can't/should not be done by executive order.
          Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
          I think Drumpf figures that he can get the issue in the spotlight by issuing an executive order that would be immediately challenged in the courts. This will bring the issue to light in the public and force congress' hand.

The liberals will go crazy learning that Russians (yes, the Russians!) are coming to Miami to have their babies and staying and spending money at Trump properties.

The more conservative folks are already triggered about the migrant caravans... including the Latinos.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            I
            The liberals will go crazy learning that Russians (yes, the Russians!) are coming to Miami to have their babies and staying and spending money at Trump properties.
            Ultimately everything with Trump comes down to about 3 things:

More money in his pockets
            Seeking praise and worship from his cult following
            Expressing his racist tendencies as much as possible

Every action and policy position he might take is about at least one of those things, and preferably two or all three at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Ultimately everything with Trump comes down to about 3 things:

More money in his pockets
              Seeking praise and worship from his cult following
              Expressing his racist tendencies as much as possible

Every action and policy position he might take is about at least one of those things, and preferably two or all three at the same time.
              Yep, this is his plan... let the supreme court decide:

People are upset about the caravan thing and the polls are swinging fast toward the republicans. The immigration issue is driving folks to vote. Drumpf is highlighting the birthright issue while it is fresh on their minds.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yep, this is his plan... let the supreme court decide:

People are upset about the caravan thing and the polls are swinging fast toward the republicans. The immigration issue is driving folks to vote. Drumpf is highlighting the birthright issue while it is fresh on their minds.
                it's in the constitution already.

Wasting the court's time.

Comment

But this is the problem. If it is subject to congressional action, then the 14th amendment language is not, on its face, dispositive. If the 14th amendment controls, then the only option is a constitutional amendment.
                  Which in all likelihood, starts in Congress. At least make the effort. Show the American people that they are at least willing to openly debate the issue and that it is theirs to own. The office of the president could use a significant deflation. Much of the negative rhetoric currently aimed at that office rightfully should be targeted at Congress.

Comment

Which in all likelihood, starts in Congress. At least make the effort. Show the American people that they are at least willing to openly debate the issue and that it is theirs to own. The office of the president could use a significant deflation. Much of the negative rhetoric currently aimed at that office rightfully should be targeted at Congress.
                    The current Congress, or at least the current majority there is pretty content to abdicate all its responsibilities and act as though we have an absolute monarch in charge of the government

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      The current Congress, or at least the current majority there is pretty content to abdicate all its responsibilities and act as though we have an absolute monarch in charge of the government
                      The abdication has been going on for years before the last presidential election. We've been increasingly indoctrinated with tenets of faith that all success/failure of things in the USA should be attributed to that office. That someone as narcissistic as Trump is attracted to and pursued that office is telling.

Comment

• I'm all for ending birthright citizenship. You bums should all have to apply and take a test to become citizens liked I did. Who cares where you came out of your momma's belly.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          I'm all for ending birthright citizenship. You bums should all have to apply and take a test to become citizens liked I did. Who cares where you came out of your momma's belly.
                          Doesn't Canada have some form of birthright citizenship as well? It seems Liberal Americans should be doing baby tours to Canada to take advantage of this (and the free healthcare!).
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Doesn't Canada have some form of birthright citizenship as well? It seems Liberal Americans should be doing baby tours to Canada to take advantage of this (and the free healthcare!).
                            https://qz.com/1444724/mapping-the-w...t-citizenship/

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              I'm all for ending birthright citizenship. You bums should all have to apply and take a test to become citizens liked I did. Who cares where you came out of your momma's belly.
                              I think I am as well. and yes, I know you are being funny and no I don't want to take a test.

I know our personal experience colors our views. But in my little part of rural america, I have seen a few of these cases where the mom comes across the border pregnant, takes advantage of charity care at the hospital and has a baby here in the US. I personally don't like it. I think we need to do something to fix it. Of course not by executive order.

Comment

The abdication has been going on for years before the last presidential election. We've been increasingly indoctrinated with tenets of faith that all success/failure of things in the USA should be attributed to that office. That someone as narcissistic as Trump is attracted to and pursued that office is telling.
                                NO IT HASN'T! DONALD TRUMP IS NOT A SYMPTOM OF THE CURRENT PROBLEMS IN AMERICA! HE IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF ALL THINGS LIBERTARIAN AND NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS STARTED UNTIL DONALD TRUMP WAS EITHER ELECTED OR SWORN IN- I was just screaming mindlessly at the time so I forgot which one caused all the problems. BUT ALL PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY DONALD TRUMP-sad!
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X