Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, I thought you would like that hat. Interesting that it comes in blue.

How many are you going to order?
    I would get a bunch (if they weren't probably like $50) and hand them out to the Mexicans trawling for daily work outside the Circle K up the street.

*edit* I just clicked the link and IT IS Fifty bucks!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• like, why is gary cohn around if not to stop this from happening?
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        like, why is gary cohn around if not to stop this from happening?
        He tried according to this article:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/polit...aos/index.html

The question of whether to impose the protectionist measures Trump has long favored on steel and aluminum set off a bitter debate between warring factions inside the White House. The debate pitted the National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin, national security adviser H.R. McMaster and Defense Secretary James Mattis against the proponents of protectionist trade policies, namely Ross, US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and trade adviser Peter Navarro.

So the market correction we saw a couple of weeks ago has reversed, but I think this pushes it back the other way again.

Comment

Is this the same poll that said Drumpf was going to lose to Hillary?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_mar01
          Yeah, sure, in robocalls.

What happens when real human beings talk to real human beings?
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Stupid is as stupid does.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...he-u-s-dearly/

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...18-03-02#false
            Last edited by BlueK; 03-02-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• The Senator Orrin Hatch approved language is apparently "dumbass".

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                The Senator Orrin Hatch approved language is apparently "dumbass".
                I think Trump is a little surprised at the pushback he's getting on this from Republicans in Congress and from traditionally conservative sources. It will be interesting to see if he just doubles down and isolates himself or if he backs up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  I think Trump is a little surprised at the pushback he's getting on this from Republicans in Congress and from traditionally conservative sources. It will be interesting to see if he just doubles down and isolates himself or if he backs up.
                  Frankly, I was kind of OK with him asking the Congressman if he was afraid of the NRA. Actually - I was really OK with it.

They need to have some good discussions too - and talk about actual action that can be taken to make America safer. I'm afraid if the NRA doesn't wake up and join the discussion as to some reasonable and logical change, they'll find themselves waking up to more change than they'd ever want. Just join the conversation instead of blocking it entirely.

In some ways, shaking up the status quo and having someone who obviously isn't a politician is a good change. I can see why folks like that about him. I'm not sure it makes for an "effective" presidency as far as getting things done. But it's a nice change.

There is plenty to criticize Trump on - I'm OK pointing out something he does right.

But - like you - I'm curious to see where he goes from here. And if things stall as he continues to challenge Congress and ends up with even less support and effectiveness in getting things done if it will cause him to rethink running for re-election.

Comment

• Ehh let's wait a few days and see if the common sense talk lasts any longer than it did re: immigration, which was about 48 hours from the televised meeting where he said he'd sign any bi-partisan bill. Apparently that bill wasn't 'bipartisan' enough for Kelly's taste and it got scrapped, and Trump presumably played it all off as some weird dream he had.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                      Frankly, I was kind of OK with him asking the Congressman if he was afraid of the NRA. Actually - I was really OK with it.

They need to have some good discussions too - and talk about actual action that can be taken to make America safer. I'm afraid if the NRA doesn't wake up and join the discussion as to some reasonable and logical change, they'll find themselves waking up to more change than they'd ever want. Just join the conversation instead of blocking it entirely.

In some ways, shaking up the status quo and having someone who obviously isn't a politician is a good change. I can see why folks like that about him. I'm not sure it makes for an "effective" presidency as far as getting things done. But it's a nice change.

There is plenty to criticize Trump on - I'm OK pointing out something he does right.

But - like you - I'm curious to see where he goes from here. And if things stall as he continues to challenge Congress and ends up with even less support and effectiveness in getting things done if it will cause him to rethink running for re-election.
                      Yeah, I was thinking specifically about the tariffs announcement, but yes, he's going through the same thing with the guns issue.

Comment

• Meet Wilbur Ross, the world's only billionaire who is close enough to the common man that he buys Campbell's soup at a 7-11:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Meet Wilbur Ross, the world's only billionaire who is close enough to the common man that he buys Campbell's soup at a 7-11:
                          LOL... reminds me of Warren Buffett who buys his breakfast from MickeyD's every morning using exact change for $3.17 or less:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/warr...-than-317.html

"I tell my wife, as I shave in the morning, I say, 'Either $2.61, $2.95 or $3.17.' And she puts that amount in the little cup by me here [in the car]," he explains in HBO's documentary, "Becoming Warren Buffett," which debuted Monday.

Each amount corresponds with a different option at McDonald's.

"When I'm not feeling quite so prosperous, I might go with the $2.61, which is two sausage patties, and then I put them together and pour myself a Coke," he tells director Peter Kunhardt in the documentary.
                          "$3.17 is a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, but the market's down this morning, so I'll pass up the $3.17 and go with the $2.95."
                          Buffett proceeds to order a sausage, egg and cheese and pay using exact change.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

LOL... reminds me of Warren Buffett who buys his breakfast from MickeyD's every morning using exact change for $3.17 or less:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/30/warr...-than-317.html
                            Sucks Buffet never learned to enjoy life.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              How do you know he doesn't enjoy life?

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                He had two long time lovers in addition to a long time wife. He was a lot more sporting than given credit.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X