Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I think Drumpf only said that illegal immigration only costs about $200 billion per year so maybe we should just go with that.
    I think we should just ingnore anything the Dump says.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

But how is Chuck going to get his system that stops illegal immigration?

One way to do it, as Ron Paul has stated many times, is to stop the economic incentives for illegal immigration. Why hasn't any dem suggested that instead of a wall?
      Good question. It went over really well when Romney suggested exactly that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/romney-...f-deportation/

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        Good question. It went over really well when Romney suggested exactly that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/romney-...f-deportation/
        Oh, so a Dem has suggested this!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• interesting article. We're in this situation because there aren't enough votes in the legislative branch for Trump to get what he wants. And he wants it because it's what his core 35% base and their favorite radio show hosts want. Is it really worth creating a public safety issue over?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...safety/579616/
          Last edited by BlueK; 01-07-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            interesting article. We're in this situation because there aren't enough votes in the legislative branch for Trump to get what he wants. And he wants it because it's what his core 35% base and their favorite radio show hosts want. Is it really worth creating a public safety issue over?

That was interesting, thanks.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

that might have carried some weight with Ted during his libertarian days.
              The libertarian to altright pipeline is real

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                interesting article. We're in this situation because there aren't enough votes in the legislative branch for Trump to get what he wants. And he wants it because it's what his core 35% base and their favorite radio show hosts want. Is it really worth creating a public safety issue over?

With the rapid advancements in artificial intelligence I wouldn't be surprised if air traffic controllers start getting replaced with more and more automation. Robots are figuring out how to play Atari 2600 games like a pro by themselves...

Surely they can figure out how to route planes around and stuff.

As for the TSA, that is all just a big security theater to make us feel safer.
                Last edited by Uncle Ted; 01-07-2019, 10:52 PM.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                  Why is it Trump that has to budge? It's clear that he wants $5B for the wall and is willing to agree to some pretty big dem priorities to get it. 6 months ago if you had asked the dems for $5B for irrelevant military spending in exchange for DACA, they'd have signed on in a heartbeat. But because its an irrelevant wall, they won't. Both sides are being stubborn. If the dems really cared about some of their pent-up priorities, they've got great opportunity with a small price to pay ($5B wasted on a wall).
                  Trump no longer has the entire legislative branch. That's why. He had two years to get this done. He couldn't because not enough REPUBLICANS supported it. Otherwise it wouldn't have been that hard to pass. There was also once a deal for Trump getting $25B for a wall in exchange for DACA. Trump agreed to it and then pulled out after Stephen Miller and the far right talking heads screamed, and people started burning their MAGA hats on YouTube. Trump doesn't really have any flexibility for giving the dems anything because he'll offend the fringes of his base, which he's decided he won't/can't do. For this round he hasn't offered anything so far. Do you have info that says otherwise?

Right now there are a dozen bills passed this week by the House to reopen some or at least parts of the government on McConnell's desk which could pass the Senate, but he won't allow them to come to a vote. He says it's because Trump would veto. The thing is, there are some of these which would even have the votes to override. And a Senate actually doing its job and acting like a co-equal branch of the government instead of being subservient to the President would still pass the law and let the President do that if he wants. McConnell won't do it probably because he's worried that in a state like Kentucky he would be primaried. The Senate math doesn't work well for Republicans in 2020 anyway, so McConnell's in a tough spot either way. I think it's highly unlikely he's still majority leader after the next election either. But right now that is what he is trying to protect.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 01-08-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

The Senate math doesn't work well for Republicans in 2020 anyway, so McConnell's in a tough spot either way.
                    I think the odds that dems pick up the Senate in 2020 are less than 40%. Maybe if they have a strong presidential candidate they could get some coattails. But most of the republicans up for re-election are not vulnerable and they have an all but certain pickup in Alabama. Assuming Trump loses, dems would have to flip 4 seats and hold on to the rest of theirs to get it to 50-50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      It is a dumb pissing contest with idiots on both sides. Pelosi claimed that building a wall is morally wrong. Really? We already have 700 miles of border wall. Is she going to suggest we tear it down?
                      Apparently the current wall has caught a good number of terrorists, criminals, and gang members....

Untitled.jpg

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...r-Briefing.pdf

So it is morally wrong to try to stop these people?

In other news it seems that Mexico is actually going to build the wall (on their southern border)....

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ntrys-southern

A day before President Trump gives a prime time Oval Office address on “the humanitarian and national security crisis” on the Southwest border, Mexico’s interior minister outlined plans to strengthen her own country’s porous southern border, where hundreds of illegal crossing points have been identified.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Apparently the current wall has caught a good number of terrorists, criminals, and gang members....

[ATTACH]9321[/ATTACH]

So it is morally wrong to try to stop these people?
                        That terrorist number has been debunked by Fox News no less. Its basically people on the no fly list and they didn't come across the Mexican border.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sanders...x-news-sunday/

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          That terrorist number has been debunked by Fox News no less. Its basically people on the no fly list and they didn't come across the Mexican border.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sanders...x-news-sunday/
                          lol at ted for linking any old crap the Dump machine puts out.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            lol at ted for linking any old crap the Dump machine puts out.
                            I may tune into tonight's speech and the Dems' rebuttal to see if Trump persists in his declaration of "facts" about this nonexistent crisis--a problem is rarely a crisis. I'm certain Pelosi/Schumer (and I'm no fan of theirs) are prepared to refute pretty much all of the bogus stats Trump has been reciting (to his credit, he has made the term "trumped up" more meaningful). I'm interested to see if his staff prepares him with, and forces him to use, a more accurate portrayal of the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I may tune into tonight's speech and the Dems' rebuttal to see if Trump persists in his declaration of "facts" about this nonexistent crisis--a problem is rarely a crisis. I'm certain Pelosi/Schumer (and I'm no fan of theirs) are prepared to refute pretty much all of the bogus stats Trump has been reciting (to his credit, he has made the term "trumped up" more meaningful). I'm interested to see if his staff prepares him with, and forces him to use, a more accurate portrayal of the situation.
                              I suspect he will persist because his audience appears to be the teds of the world.

This article shows the bold faced lies put out by the Dump team concerning those numbers if anyone feels a need to reconfirm that they should not believe anything put out by the White House.

The Trump administration’s misleading spin on immigration, crime and terrorism

Comment

[ATTACH]9321[/ATTACH]

url]
                                You do realize this White House 'briefing' is a big fat crock of shit, right? I don't know the last time our government has put out such blatant misinformation and propaganda.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X