Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Which is sad and why the Left should not cry wolf and smear anyone who doesn't agree with them as racists. Now we have a real one and the convincing power was wasted against Romney, McCain and Bush.
    Romney, McCain, and Bush were all racist because they were a threat to the dems... When they are no longer threats:

3w39xzfgbek11.jpg

Man, I'll miss that old "gook" hater.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Romney, McCain, and Bush were all racist because they were a threat to the dems... When they are no longer threats:

[ATTACH]9018[/ATTACH]

Man, I'll miss that old "gook" hater.
      Still dumping on McCain. Are you forgetting, you used the used the term “Gook” in this forum?

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ok#post1328250

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        [/B]

SO you already know the answer.
        Then he should have done this:

Put out the book, don't say anything about tapes.

Sell a ton of books while people rail on him and call it fake.

Release all the tapes to back it up.

Sell even a bigger buttload of books.

I'm a little skeptical that not releasing every tape right away is necessarily only because of some warped capitalistic desire to sell
        more books, or that desiring to sell books is inherently bad, as this implies.
        Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Still dumping on McCain. Are you forgetting, you used the used the term “Gook” in this forum?

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ok#post1328250
          I thought that term was McCain approved?... Of course, McCain also approved of Sara Palin as well.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• White House chief of staff John Kelly: "The idea I ever called the President an idiot is not true, in fact it's exactly the opposite."
            What does he mean by the "opposite." Is Kelly saying that the President calls Kelly an idiot? It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case, as the embarrassingly childish Trump is incapable of being critical of anyone without name-calling.

Comment

• Trump's approval numbers since around August 21st are in a steady drop. Interestingly that was the day Manafort was found guilty in his first court case and the same day Michael Cohen made a guilty plea.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
              Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Then he should have done this:

Put out the book, don't say anything about tapes.

Sell a ton of books while people rail on him and call it fake.

Release all the tapes to back it up.

Sell even a bigger buttload of books.

I'm a little skeptical that not releasing every tape right away is necessarily only because of some warped capitalistic desire to sell
                more books, or that desiring to sell books is inherently bad, as this implies.
                If Woodward even cared about the truth he would have released the tapes already but he doesn't. Woodward is doing the same sh*t he has done to a lot of other people... I am surprised that people still allow him to interview them. I still remember the rather slanderous book he wrote about John Belushi... Belushi's widow wishes that he never gave Woodward an interview...

It wasn’t a fair portrait of John, she said. There was no joy in the book, no balance. “I loved John because he was warm,” Jacklin said. “He was a very likable person. He had a terrific presence, and Woodward missed all that.” Wired, Jacklin claimed, was only about drugs and madness, and it wasn’t even accurate. “People claim it’s all facts,” she said. “It’s not all facts. It’s a bunch of people’s opinions and memories put forth as facts. And when someone like Bob Woodward, who everyone thinks of as an ace reporter, uses these people as expert sources, it becomes very frightening. He’ll quote someone like, say, Carrie Fisher, who was on the Blues Brothers set maybe ten days, saying, ‘Well, it looked like he was doing four grams a day.’ Well, we’re talking about my life here. I was there. He may have it that way in his notes, but it’s wrong.”
                [...]
                Aside from any conspiracy, Jacklin believes that Wired is, really, the Bob Woodward Story. “I think he told his own story,” she says. “He just used John to do it. He told his own story in the guise of social comment on the drug culture. Bob said a strange thing at our first meeting. He said, ‘Yes, yes, it’s so amazing: Wheaton and the whole thing. I know what it’s like to have early fame. And I hate to say it, but it’s almost like you’re already dead.’ “
                https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...o-wired-37163/

Woodward even upset Dan Aykroyd to the point he stopped talking to reporters all together...

Trash,” proclaimed Dan Aykroyd in the June 7th Philadelphia Inquirer, while on the road to promote Ghostbusters. “Exploitation, pulp trash…. I think to delve into that sordid, tragic story in the way [Woodward] did was unforgivable. None of us knew what he was really up to…. Initially, I was against doing a book of any kind. But it was Bob Woodward, you know, and I thought, hey, this might actually turn out to be a class act.”
                [...]
                Shortly after Aykroyd’s interview in Philadelphia, he stopped talking to print journalists. He refused an interview with People, reportedly complaining that the magazine had portrayed Jacklin as a “whining, hysterical widow,” even though her byline had appeared on the story.
                [...]
                Under the pressure, Woodward seemed to lose his reserve. He attacked Aykroyd, accusing him of “adopting the Nixonian style of dealing with reality,” and told Diane Sawyer on the CBS Morning News that “a number of people have said to me…there are probably forty people at the Washington Post who use cocaine regularly. I don’t know any of them.” Donald E. Graham, publisher of the Post, reacted quickly (“I don’t know what Bob is talking about”), and someone at the Post reportedly began circulating buttons that said, I GOT MINE FROM WOODWARD.
                It’s June 18th, and Tim Kazurinsky, just back from seeing Jacklin in Martha’s Vineyard, is nearly screaming. “I would spit in Bob Woodward’s eye if I saw him,” he says, punctuating the statement with a drag on his cigarette. “I mean, there were some sleazy motherfuckers who ripped John off when he was alive, but Bob Woodward’s the only bastard low enough to pick his bones.” Kazurinsky takes another puff. “And people will believe this book, too. After all, Bob Woodward wrote it. He’s God. He’s…Watergate.”

Kazurinsky, who starred on and wrote for Saturday Night Live during the last three years, is barely in Wired (“We had more stuff from him,” says John Anderson, Woodward’s research assistant on the book, “but it was more about Tim Kazurinsky than John Belushi”). Belushi got Kazurinsky his job on SNL. “I never knew anyone stronger,” Kazurinsky says. “He protected his family and friends and the people he loved. He said to his family, ‘Give me five years and I’ll take care of you for life.’ He had such a magnetic personality. I miss him a lot.”

There was Steven Spielberg: “Woodward is beguiling. He seemed like a good egg, so I’m surprised by what I’ve heard.” (He hasn’t read the book.) And Kathleen Kennedy, who helps run Spielberg’s production company: “Woodward is beguiling, all right. From what I heard, he made buddy-buddy with everybody and then stabbed them in the back.” And Bernie Brillstein, Belushi’s manager: “I wonder if Richard Nixon is innocent I just wish this book would go away.” And Penny Marshall, who in Wired flushed Belushi’s heroin down the toilet: “I had thought, ‘What a neat guy,’ when I met Bob. But in retrospect, I feel manipulated. If he had said he was writing a book about John Belushi and drugs, no one would have talked to him. What would have been the point? John had bad habits. He died.” Marshall pauses. “I guess I wouldn’t pick a journalist to do my life story.”
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Trump's approval numbers since around August 21st are in a steady drop. Interestingly that was the day Manafort was found guilty in his first court case and the same day Michael Cohen made a guilty plea.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
                  Steady drop, right up until this week when they went back up to where they were pre-8/21.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Steady drop, right up until this week when they went back up to where they were pre-8/21.
                    the red line going up is the disapproval number steadily going up since 8/21. The approval number is the black one going down. It's always stayed below the red one because his numbers have always been underwater. for the most part it's been fairly flat for the summer within a small range. Since 8/21 it's starting to look like an actual trend in the wrong direction for Trump.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

If Woodward even cared about the truth he would have released the tapes already but he doesn't. Woodward is doing the same sh*t he has done to a lot of other people... I am surprised that people still allow him to interview them. I still remember the rather slanderous book he wrote about John Belushi... Belushi's widow wishes that he never gave Woodward an interview...

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...o-wired-37163/

Woodward even upset Dan Aykroyd to the point he stopped talking to reporters all together...
                      Authors and journalists rarely, if ever, release their tapes and source materials for a variety of very good reasons. And none of the quotes you've provided suggest Woodward reported anything falsely. Their main complaint is that he didn't provide a complete picture of Belushi, and they may be right. But no one, least of all the LA coroner, disputes that Belushi had a horrendous drug habit.

I've been thinking about Kelly and Mattis and their statements in response to the Woodward book. I'm open to the possibility that their quotes (provided by others) were fabricated by Woodward's sources (I do believe Woodward didn't make them up himself), but part of me wonders if their denials might actually be a noble subterfuge on their part. If, as Woodward describes, Kelly and Mattis are protecting the nation against Trump's stupider instincts, it's essential that they remain in office lest Trump install someone less astute or responsible. If they didn't deny their statements, there's a good chance Trump would fire them in favor of someone more sycophantic, and less protective of the nation's interests.

I still doubt Woodward's book will change anyone's opinion of Trump. It either confirms everything we've heard or suspected about this narcissistic, illiterate dimwit, or underscores the liberal media bias against this flawed but great leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Authors and journalists rarely, if ever, release their tapes and source materials for a variety of very good reasons. And none of the quotes you've provided suggest Woodward reported anything falsely. Their main complaint is that he didn't provide a complete picture of Belushi, and they may be right. But no one, least of all the LA coroner, disputes that Belushi had a horrendous drug habit.

I've been thinking about Kelly and Mattis and their statements in response to the Woodward book. I'm open to the possibility that their quotes (provided by others) were fabricated by Woodward's sources (I do believe Woodward didn't make them up himself), but part of me wonders if their denials might actually be a noble subterfuge on their part. If, as Woodward describes, Kelly and Mattis are protecting the nation against Trump's stupider instincts, it's essential that they remain in office lest Trump install someone less astute or responsible. If they didn't deny their statements, there's a good chance Trump would fire them in favor of someone more sycophantic, and less protective of the nation's interests.

I still doubt Woodward's book will change anyone's opinion of Trump. It either confirms everything we've heard or suspected about this narcissistic, illiterate dimwit, or underscores the liberal media bias against this flawed but great leader.
                        Woodward may present the "facts" (as given to him by some anonymous person) but he presents only the facts he wants to present to paint the picture he wants to paint. That is poor reporting. For example, Woodward in his book will most likely not talk about the campaign promises that Drumpf has kept. I suspect he will only highlight various hearsay from anonymous sources and the promises he hasn't kept (e.g., "build the wall and make Mexico pay for it!"). I also doubt Woodward's book will change a lot of peoples' opinion of Drumpf. A strong economy, low unemployment, tax cuts, etc. would most likely have a much stronger influence on peoples' opinions. It may actually may change more opinions of Woodward and view as yet another biased attack on Drumpf by the media.

Now don't get me wrong... and I am not saying that all the facts in Woodward's book will be incorrect. Y'all think I am Drumpf fanboy but actually I would be very happy if Pence took over as president. He seems like a very no nonsense type of guy and would make a great president IMHO. I think he would drive the Leftist crazy, much more than Drumpf. That would be a higher entertainment value than Drumpf currently brings.

My favorite interview of Pence is when Dana Bash makes a statement (not asks a question), she then points the mic at him and he says nothing. See the interview below around the 2:20 mark....

Pence seems like the guy that would drive all the damn hippies liberals types really crazy with his no nonsense attitude. Unlike Drumpf I highly doubt Pence has a playboy background or other Bill Clinton-like skeletons in the closet so they would all will have to resort to tweeting about some white supremacy hand signals he may be making (given that all GOP'ers are racist by the dems' definition) or something of the like instead.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Woodward may present the "facts" (as given to him by some anonymous person) but he presents only the facts he wants to present to paint the picture he wants to paint. That is poor reporting. For example, Woodward in his book will most likely not talk about the campaign promises that Drumpf has kept. I suspect he will only highlight various hearsay from anonymous sources and the promises he hasn't kept (e.g., "build the wall and make Mexico pay for it!"). I also doubt Woodward's book will change a lot of peoples' opinion of Drumpf. A strong economy, low unemployment, tax cuts, etc. would most likely have a much stronger influence on peoples' opinions. It may actually may change more opinions of Woodward and view as yet another biased attack on Drumpf by the media.

Now don't get me wrong... and I am not saying that all the facts in Woodward's book will be incorrect. Y'all think I am Drumpf fanboy but actually I would be very happy if Pence took over as president. He seems like a very no nonsense type of guy and would make a great president IMHO. I think he would drive the Leftist crazy, much more than Drumpf. That would be a higher entertainment value than Drumpf currently brings.

My favorite interview of Pence is when Dana Bash makes a statement (not asks a question), she then points the mic at him and he says nothing. See the interview below around the 2:20 mark....

Pence seems like the guy that would drive all the damn hippies liberals types really crazy with his no nonsense attitude. Unlike Drumpf I highly doubt Pence has a playboy background or other Bill Clinton-like skeletons in the closet so they would all will have to resort to tweeting about some white supremacy hand signals he may be making (given that all GOP'ers are racist by the dems' definition) or something of the like instead.
                          So it is fake news because he doesnt list everything going well? haha.

We all know trump is a dumbass , you apparently dont. it is interesting how people keep defending 3rd grader actions from a president.

Comment

I don't know if you're purposely not getting it or not, but on tape he told Bob Woodward he saw it as a mistake to call those people repugnant. I'm not saying it was wrong for him to call them repugnant, HE IS. And not just a mistake, but "the biggest fucking mistake" he's made. That's what you're defending.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-f-ing-mistake
                            no response by Ted. Just ignore obvious idiocy/racism from trump?

Comment

The thing I love the most about Woodward is his ability to make a buck. Pump up the book before its release. If woodward has hundreds of hours in tapes then he should release them. I am guessing he will never do that.

As for James Clapper, we already know that he is a liar...

You can't believe a thing that SoB says. IMHO, Clapper needs to SAD and die for lying to American people (and later down playing it when Snowden exposed all his BS).

So all the Dems is running on, for the midterms, is their hatred of Drumpf because they can't think of anything else to campaign on. They lost the house and senate. They lost the white house. Now they are losing the supreme court. The only thing they can think to do is impeach Drumpf. Woodward is putting out his work of fiction to fan the flames and to make a buck. Same sh*t, different day.
                              You get three free postings of the same video, but for every post after that, you have to donate $25 to JL. You have run out of free postings for the James Clapper Lies to the Senate video.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                So it is fake news because he doesnt list everything going well? haha.

We all know trump is a dumbass , you apparently dont. it is interesting how people keep defending 3rd grader actions from a president.
                                Trump's twitter feed provides daily support for your dumbass assessment. Among today's offerings:

Almost everyone agrees that my Administration has done more in less than two years than any other Administration in the history of our Country. I’m tough as hell on people & if I weren’t, nothing would get done. Also, I question everybody & everything-which is why I got elected!
                                Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost. Don’t know why Washington politicians don’t change libel laws?

Comment

Working...
                                X