Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The press conference really went as bad as doomsayers feared. After watching clips of it, we don't have to wonder any longer: the pee tape has to be real.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• And just so that you can write off voting for Pence in 2020 (or god forbid, 2024):

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        From two weeks ago:

SUwish! I also want everyone's praise for my prediction that the sun would rise this morning. Anyone who isn't embarrassed by Trump's tweets and press conference this morning is the type of person Trump was talking about when he said he wouldn't lose their support if he shot someone in the face on Fifth Avenue.

I suspect at least two posters here have no problem with Trump's conclusion that the U.S. is just as bad as Russia, but I also assume everyone else here is ashamed of how spineless Trump was this morning.
        Actually the conclusion is the US is worse. Russia would have no reason to mess with our elections, but our fictional deep state, on the other hand, they are solely responsible for any strained relations between the US and Trump's KGB handler.

He did great this trip. Called the EU our foe, insulted the British Prime Minister and lied about it, praised Erdogan in a NATO meeting while ordering Ukrainian and Georgian leaders out of a meeting, and insulted the democratic members of NATO who sent their soldiers to die by our side in Afghanistan and bended his knee and pledged eternal fealty to Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          And just so that you can write off voting for Pence in 2020 (or god forbid, 2024):

He's a regular Quisling. The whole GOP is gutless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            And just so that you can write off voting for Pence in 2020 (or god forbid, 2024):

I think Muller find something and saves america from trump within a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I doubt it, he and his GOP henchmen won't let his investigation get that close.

We can't count on GOP-led congress to do the right thing, and we've been cautioned by Trump appointed national security people that the Russians are already starting to interfere with infowarfare heading into the midterms.

Things are grim.

Last edited by frank ryan; 07-16-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• How long until a But obama thing about the 2012 election is brought up here

Comment

How long until a But obama thing about the 2012 election is brought up here
                    Trump also has some problems with senior moments. He doesn't know who is and isn't in NATO:

Trump thanks Finland for support on NATO, but Finland is not in NATO

President Donald Trump met with Finnish president Sauli Niinistö Monday, ahead of his scheduled summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

According to reporters, Trump thanked the Finnish president for his support and said the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has never been stronger.

“I enjoyed being with you a couple of days ago. NATO has, I think, never been stronger. It was a little bit tough at the beginning, but it turned out to be love. I appreciated your support,” Trump said in his opening remarks.

Finland, however, is not in NATO.
                    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-beli...-abc1f9d4454d/

Of course like brainwashed sheep, his supporters dismiss any criticism as the fault of one of two entities, the monolithic media or the imaginary deep state.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Trump also has some problems with senior moments. He doesn't know who is and isn't in NATO:

Trump thanks Finland for support on NATO, but Finland is not in NATO

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-beli...-abc1f9d4454d/

Of course like brainwashed sheep, his supporters dismiss any criticism as the fault of one of two entities, the monolithic media or the imaginary deep state.
                      He also didn't know that England and the UK are two different things.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        He also didn't know that England and the UK are two different things.

Oh yeah, he also thought Ireland was in the UK. That impressed a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Oh yeah, he also thought Ireland was in the UK. That impressed a lot of people.
                          but Obama said there were 57 states once

Comment

• Do you know why Trump with all his buffoonery can go meet with the EU or Putin for a few hours and claim to have solved all the world’s problems? Because in comparison to the past, the world has no problems. Just imagine Trump with the diplomatic challenge faced by Neville Chamberlin on the eve of Hitler’s invasion of Poland, or by Roosevelt during the Battle of Britain. Russians love Putin because compared to the past purges and shortages, life is wonderful. Trump’s presidency is a walk in the park compared to the past. He’s a very lucky president.

Here is what everybody is missing. Trump, politicians, no longer matter as before. Business, private economic activity—for better or worse, with all its benefits, shortcomings and plagues—is what matters now. Everyone, even North Korea, wants to get rich. And it’s not about acquiring territory by force. That’s why a real estate magnate can go meet with dictators and pretend to have accomplsihed something. In a way , he has an insight that the poltiicins lack. It’s time for them to throw away their old textbooks on diplomacy.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Wow, so now there are all these "deeply troubled" Republicans in the Senate and House following Trump's truly asinine press conference. They seriously didn't expect Trump to say stupid things?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/polit...nts/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                Do you know why Trump with all his buffoonery can go meet with the EU or Putin for a few hours and claim to have solved all the world’s problems? Because in comparison to the past, the world has no problems. Just imagine Trump with the diplomatic challenge faced by Neville Chamberlin on the eve of Hitler’s invasion of Poland, or by Roosevelt during the Battle of Britain. Russians love Putin because compared to the past purges and shortages, life is wonderful. Trump’s presidency is a walk in the park compared to the past. He’s a very lucky president.

Here is what everybody is missing. Trump, politicians, no longer matter as before. Business, private economic activity—for better or worse, with all its benefits, shortcomings and plagues—is what matters now. Everyone, even North Korea, wants to get rich. That’s why a real estate magnate can go meet with dictators and pretend to have accomplsihed something. In a way , he has an insight that the poltiicins lack. It’s time for them to throw away their old textbooks on diplomacy. Do you know why Trump with all his buffoonery can go meet with the EU or Putin for a few hours and claim to have solved all the world’s problems? Because in comparison to the past, the world has no problems. Just imagine Trump with the diplomatic challenge faced by Neville Chamberlin on the eve of Hitler’s invasion of Poland, or by Roosevelt during the Battle of Britain. Russians love Putin because compared to the past purges and shortages, life is wonderful. Trump’s presidency is a walk in the park compared to the past. He’s a very lucky president.

Here is what everybody is missing. Trump, politicians, no longer matter as before. Business, private economic activity—for better or worse, with all its benefits, shortcomings and plagues—is what matters now. Everyone, even North Korea, wants to get rich. And getting rich is not about acquiring territory buy force. That’s why a real estate magnate can go meet with dictators and pretend to have accomplsihed something. In away, he has an insight that the poltiicins lack. It’s time for them to throw away their old textbooks on diplomacy.
                                You make a valid point but you're also overestimating the stability of geopolitics. The state of affairs you referred to was in large part thanks to the US/West winning the Cold War and Free Trade taking off. Trump, no doubt with encouragement from Putin is undercutting the maintenance of those things. Consequences could prove disastrous.

Comment

Working...
                                X