Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m sure Ted will sound the alarm about abuse of power if Trump declares an emergency in order to build the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      No doubt we need immigration, no argument here... it is illegal immigration that is the problem. The links I posted above indicate that illegal immigration is actually a drain on the taxpayers. If you have better links then please post.

Why are we (as in 25,000+ US troops) protecting the border of south korea? Why do we have 50,000+ troops in Japan? Why do we have 60,000+ troops in Europe (as I pointed out already Russia is really not that big of a threat given the size of their economy)? Why don't these countries (our allies) have their troops in our country in return? Pull all these troops back and we would have more than enough to fund all kinds of border security rather than just propping up the current wall that is falling down. Besides border security we need to remove all (or at least many of) the incentives for folks to immigrate here illegally. Folks hiring illegal immigrates should be punished and well as states and other governments that create "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrates. As long as there are incentives they will keep coming and not even try to do it legally (that is too much work as is). So maybe talk to your government officials creating sanctuaries and tell them to stop. And get rid of the social benefits for illegals. Maybe we could use that money to take better care of our veterans, for example.
      There are so many studies out there, coming down on all sides of the issue, it's impossible to reach a consensus (See, e.g., the Wikipedia article that one can cherry pick for a study that supports whatever position one wants to take). Based on all that I've read, I'm leaning toward the conclusion that the undocumented are probably a net negative on government spending/taxes, but maybe a net positive for the overall economy. BTW, most undocumenteds don't put in for assistance as they fear deportation. I'm more confident that Trump's proposal to spend many billions on a wall is ridiculously cost-inefficient. But he is so absurdly uninformed (he reads about as much as my dog, Louie, who passed away a few years back) and approaches any problem with a view toward maximizing his ratings among his base. Such a demagogue...

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      I am not changing the subject, you big dummy. If your argument is that a border wall will not help against the problem of illegal immigration (i.e. "border walls are immoral") then would should remove the 700 miles already in place (or at least the length along Pelosi's home state's southern border) and see what happens.
      I assume you're just funnin' us, but come on, stop throwing out reductio ad absurdum arguments that some media knuckleheads have been spouting off. Few, if anyone, have argued to eliminate the wall everywhere. Just don't build it where the benefit would be negligible or cost inefficient. The fact that a full TSA screening center could be reduced in, say, the Jamestown, North Dakota regional airport, doesn't lead one to the conclusion that it should be similarly cut back at Atlanta Hartsfield. Indeed, if a wall is the solution, why not build it around the entire United States? A construction crew in Nome is standing by. Okay, this reductio ad absurdum thing is kinda fun...

Comment

I am not changing the subject, you big dummy. If your argument is that a border wall will not help against the problem of illegal immigration (i.e. "border walls are immoral") then would should remove the 700 miles already in place (or at least the length along Pelosi's home state's southern border) and see what happens.
        Why remove it? To spend more money on a pointless proeject?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Erdogan's sadness has moved on to anger. Looks like the roll has stopped.

Who's in charge here? The Dump or Erdogan? Of course it was Erdogan who opened the highway giving access for volunteers to travel via Turkey to join ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Turkish leader Erdogan scolds and snubs Bolton over Kurdish fighters
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            There are so many studies out there, coming down on all sides of the issue, it's impossible to reach a consensus (See, e.g., the Wikipedia article that one can cherry pick for a study that supports whatever position one wants to take). Based on all that I've read, I'm leaning toward the conclusion that the undocumented are probably a net negative on government spending/taxes, but maybe a net positive for the overall economy. BTW, most undocumenteds don't put in for assistance as they fear deportation. I'm more confident that Trump's proposal to spend many billions on a wall is ridiculously cost-inefficient. But he is so absurdly uninformed (he reads about as much as my dog, Louie, who passed away a few years back) and approaches any problem with a view toward maximizing his ratings among his base. Such a demagogue...

I assume you're just funnin' us, but come on, stop throwing out reductio ad absurdum arguments that some media knuckleheads have been spouting off. Few, if anyone, have argued to eliminate the wall everywhere. Just don't build it where the benefit would be negligible or cost inefficient. The fact that a full TSA screening center could be reduced in, say, the Jamestown, North Dakota regional airport, doesn't lead one to the conclusion that it should be similarly cut back at Atlanta Hartsfield. Indeed, if a wall is the solution, why not build it around the entire United States? A construction crew in Nome is standing by. Okay, this reductio ad absurdum thing is kinda fun...
            Build walls around all of our international airports as well since that is where the terrorists are being found trying to enter the U.S. AND MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Erdogan's sadness has moved on to anger. Looks like the roll has stopped.

Who's in charge here? The Dump or Erdogan? Of course it was Erdogan who opened the highway giving access for volunteers to travel via Turkey to join ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

Turkish leader Erdogan scolds and snubs Bolton over Kurdish fighters
              That irony was lost on a lot of folks or they were uneducated. Turkey literally allowed recruits and supplies to flow from their territory. They are interested in erradicateding the Kurds more so than ISIS. Trump is going to have to find another opportunity to win that Nobel.

Comment

So in 2013 54 dem senators (including chuck) voted to fund border security by $46 billion... did Drumpf come up with that too? I guess a border wall wasn't a bad idea then?

Same fuck'n shit... different party.
                I'd just like to point out that as CS's resident language obsesser, rarely does UT not censor his swear words. I think he's a little hot under the collar today.

Y'all are doing the yeoman's work of trying to reason with UT. But it is pointless. He is the hydra of political discourse here.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Here you go folks as you watch the Dump tonight trying to show that we have a national emergency on the southern border and need a wall from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico.

Your fact-checking cheat sheet for Trump’s immigration address

lol, Art of the Deal? What a joker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    I'd just like to point out that as CS's resident language obsesser, rarely does UT not censor his swear words. I think he's a little hot under the collar today.

Y'all are doing the yeoman's work of trying to reason with UT. But it is pointless. He is the hydra of political discourse here.
                    When I get in a hurry dealing with all the boneheaded comments I forget to sensor my words. Of course, as the new standard set by the Dems it is quite acceptable to call even the POTUS a motherf*cker or whatever. We all live in wonderful time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

When I get in a hurry defending all the boneheaded comments I forget to sensor my words. Of course, as the new standard set by the Dems it is quite acceptable to call even the POTUS a motherf*cker or whatever. We all live in wonderful time.

fify

Comment

When I get in a hurry dealing with all the boneheaded comments I forget to sensor my words. Of course, as the new standard set by the Dems it is quite acceptable to call even the POTUS a motherf*cker or whatever. We all live in wonderful time.

#whataboutthedems
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I am a fan of saucy language! Just pointing out trends that I observe here.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

Here you go folks as you watch the Dump tonight trying to show that we have a national emergency on the southern border and need a wall from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico.

Your fact-checking cheat sheet for Trump’s immigration address

lol, Art of the Deal? What a joker.
                            Nearly 6,000 gang members, including MS-13, have been deported by ICE.

ICE deported 5,872 gang members in fiscal year 2018, but there’s no breakdown of how many were members of the violent gang MS-13. And in some cases, ICE mistakenly applies a “gang member” label on people who are not actually affiliated with gangs.
                            LOL... you think the majority of the American public is going to give a rat's ass about if the dems or press thinks some of the MS-13 gang members were not violent enough to deport? What a dumb report.

Only 7 percent of Americans don't think illegal immigration is not a problem... like Pelosi.

The majority of folks want something done about illegal immigration. What border solutions are the Dems offering/proposing? Anything? (crickets)
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The majority of folks want something done about illegal immigration.
                              Yep, and they think a wall is a joke and ineffective. So this whole dust up is nothing more than a charade.

Check your facts UT. The White House and the Dump are lying to you. Keep reviewing that link.

Comment

Yep, and they think a wall is a joke and ineffective. So this whole dust up is nothing more than a charade.

Check your facts UT. The White House and the Dump are lying to you. Keep reviewing that link.
                                So there absolutely not an illegal immigration problem.. Thank you, Nancy.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X