Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Why are you pretty sure about that? It seems like that achieves their apparent goal of undermining confidence in the system quite nicely.
    The Kremlin would prefer the Democrats not have full congressional investigatory and subpoena powers at their disposal. Foreign policy-wise, Trump, and the geldings in the GOP are wonderful for Putin.

Comment

• Keep draining that swamp!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wi...ort-2018-08-07

Comment

• So the Republican won in Ohio.

The headlines are “still too close to call.” Republicans should panic about the house. Great news for Dems.

Not to go all Trumpian but you can see why people hate the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          So the Republican won in Ohio.

The headlines are “still too close to call.” Republicans should panic about the house. Great news for Dems.

In context, this would be like a democrat coming close in one of Utah's districts that hasn't had a close race 40 something years. But I agree the average person probably doesn't pay attention to the same things a political nerd would, so it would sound strange to them to call it a good night for the losing candidate's party, and make it easy to bash the media over.
          Last edited by BlueK; 08-08-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            In context, this would be like a democrat coming close in one of Utah's districts. That district in Ohio hasn't had a close race there in 40 something years. But I agree the average person probably doesn't pay attention to the same things a political nerd would, so it would sound strange to them to call it a good night for the losing candidate's party. The funny thing is, this seat is up for election again in 3 months.
            Like Jim Matheson close? Or closer than that?
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Like Jim Matheson close? Or closer than that?
              Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant one of Utah's districts that hasn't been close for a long time. I didn't mean the one that Matheson has held that covers most of Salt Lake. Of course that district has always been not like the others.
              Last edited by BlueK; 08-08-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

It is like when the Buffalo Bills lost to the NY Giants in Super Bowl XXV by only one point... It was still a great victory for the Bills!
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

In context, this would be like a democrat coming close in one of Utah's districts that hasn't had a close race 40 something years. But I agree the average person probably doesn't pay attention to the same things a political nerd would, so it would sound strange to them to call it a good night for the losing candidate's party, and make it easy to bash the media over.
                  I didn't know that Utah democrats spent over four times more money as their Utah GOP opponents on ads and still come up losing...

According to media buyers and party sources, Democratic nominee Danny O’Connor spent $2.4 million on the air, while Republican nominee Troy Balderson spent a bit less than $600,000.
                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.054f10bd6568
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    I didn't know that Utah democrats spent over four times more money as their Utah GOP opponents on ads and still come up losing...

Ted cheering for his team, the GOP!

Comment

It's all good. Whatever explanation makes you happy.

Comment

• Holy cow, how is this even possible? is this fake news our dear leader warned me about?

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/08/new...uts/index.html

Comment

Holy cow, how is this even possible? is this fake news our dear leader warned me about?

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/08/new...uts/index.html
                          Element Electronics, which assembles televisions, notified the state of the expected job cuts earlier this week.
                          Who the freak still assembles electronics in the USA?
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Who the freak still assembles electronics in the USA?
                            I don't know, but maybe Trump wants to push them out.

Comment

Put another way, this is BYU connecting on a last second field goal to beat McNeese State. We can all go home thrilled with the exciting outcome and blame the media for being too negative if they question why the game was close to begin with.

And here's a fun story on state-run media about it. No need to worry if you're a republican.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...andidates.html

Comment

Put another way, this is BYU connecting on a last second field goal to beat McNeese State. We can all go home thrilled with the exciting outcome and blame the media for being too negative if they question why the game was close to begin with.
                                Oh yeah... that is a much better way to put it. BYU is the GOP and McNeese State is the Dems. The dems suck.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X