Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I guess a Nobel Prize in economics, like a Nobel Prize for peace, doesn't mean much these days...

whataboutkrugman now?

Comment

• How crazy is Trump going to get in the next Congress if the Republicans lose the majority? Epic.

Comment

• Trump's stupid trade war:

"The president's views on trade are not merely discredited protectionism. Though he does speak of tariffs as a way to give domestic producers a leg up, Trump's primary motive for playing the trade antagonist lies elsewhere. He does not seem to fathom how trade is mutually beneficial. He insists that in any cross-border exchange of money for goods or services, the purchaser somehow loses.

In Trump's economy, if you sell an American product to a foreigner overseas and get their money, you win. If they sell a foreign product to you and take your dollars in exchange, they win. (Perhaps he is so used to the con a fair trade has become inconceivable)."

In recent years, Trump claimed in a July speech at a steel factory in Illinois, "our trade deficit ballooned to $817 billion. Think of that! We lost $817 billion a year over the last number of years in trade. In other words, if we didn't trade, we'd save a hell of a lot of money." The total trade deficit has actually never topped $800 billion, and it came closest in the George W. Bush years. But more significant than Trump's expectedly fuzzy math is his strange claim that stopping trade would save America money.

http://theweek.com/articles/787837/t...upid-trade-war

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          Trump's stupid trade war:

"The president's views on trade are not merely discredited protectionism. Though he does speak of tariffs as a way to give domestic producers a leg up, Trump's primary motive for playing the trade antagonist lies elsewhere. He does not seem to fathom how trade is mutually beneficial. He insists that in any cross-border exchange of money for goods or services, the purchaser somehow loses.

In Trump's economy, if you sell an American product to a foreigner overseas and get their money, you win. If they sell a foreign product to you and take your dollars in exchange, they win. (Perhaps he is so used to the con a fair trade has become inconceivable)."

In recent years, Trump claimed in a July speech at a steel factory in Illinois, "our trade deficit ballooned to $817 billion. Think of that! We lost $817 billion a year over the last number of years in trade. In other words, if we didn't trade, we'd save a hell of a lot of money." The total trade deficit has actually never topped $800 billion, and it came closest in the George W. Bush years. But more significant than Trump's expectedly fuzzy math is his strange claim that stopping trade would save America money.

http://theweek.com/articles/787837/t...upid-trade-war
          If the stakes weren't so high, this would be funny.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            If the stakes weren't so high, this would be funny.
            It certainly provides support for Trump's professor who wrote that during his 30 years at Wharton, Trump was without question “the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” As I recall, the professor also said that the Donald came in acting like he already knew everything. Nothing has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              I guess a Nobel Prize in economics, like a Nobel Prize for peace, doesn't mean much these days...

He's talking about sustainable growth. But you already knew that.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "It’s not just the president’s longtime lawyer who’s stuck cleaning up his messes anymore."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-cohen/566546/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  How crazy is Trump going to get in the next Congress if the Republicans lose the majority? Epic.
                  The Russians will do their best to not let that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    The Russians will do their best to not let that happen.
                    Are you sure that's what the bogeyman Russians really want? You're asserting here that the democrats in Congress are the anti-Russian stalwarts?I suppose they might have learned their lesson by now.

And even if you are correct, wouldn't Putin relish the idea of a House controlled by the likes of that Brooklyn baby Rep. fighting Trump on EV-A-REE-THING?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      Are you sure that's what the bogeyman Russians really want? You're asserting here that the democrats in Congress are the anti-Russian stalwarts?I suppose they might have learned their lesson by now.

And even if you are correct, wouldn't Putin relish the idea of a House controlled by the likes of that Brooklyn baby Rep. fighting Trump on EV-A-REE-THING?
                      Pretty sure they don't want a Congress fighting Trump on most things.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 08-02-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Enraged woman 'rams into car' sporting Trump bumper sticker

Chloe Wright, 25, charged following alleged hit-and-run in Massachusetts

A woman has been charged after intentionally ramming into a car that was sporting a Trump bumper sticker, police say.

Chloe Wright, 25, was arrested following the alleged hit-and-run in Hyannis, Massachusetts on 30 June, according to the Cape Cod Times.

A driver told police that a woman was repeatedly honking her car horn as he waited at a red light. By the time he stopped at another traffic light, she had begun shouting at him, the newspaper reported.

The man got out, fearing he had a problem with his car, but instead, heard the woman shouting about his bumper sticker.

“I could hear her screaming out the car, so I’m like: ‘Man, maybe there’s something wrong with my car,’” the victim, whose name was not revealed, told CBS Boston. “So I get out and then all of a sudden I hear: ‘You’re racist' and a bunch of cuss words.”

The first thing she said to me when I came out of the car was: ‘Did you vote for Trump?’ I was just like: ‘Yeah, what of it?’ and that’s pretty much what triggered it.”
                          https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8474081.html

Important safety tip for Drumpf fanboys... don't tell dems you voted for him or they will most likely get all crazy on you.
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-02-2018, 08:06 AM.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

No, because he GOP has thus far been unwilling to challenge Trump’s reorienting US foreign policy toward Russia. You can keep making fun of the whole Russia bogeyman thing, but it’s the nothingburger crowd who has been wrong and constantly moved the goalposts.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              No, because he GOP has thus far been unwilling to challenge Trump’s reorienting US foreign policy toward Russia. You can keep making fun of the whole Russia bogeyman thing, but it’s the nothingburger crowd who has been wrong and constantly moved the goalposts.
                              Yeah...

w_02287jWujwpnVuvorisSJGveCL4UN82mOPR4lBDc0.jpg

Drumpf needs to launch some tomahawks armed with nukes into Russia for just thinking about interfering with our elections come November!
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• OMG this moron. Yes- 'I meant to say wouldn't. Also, when I say groceries, I mean cigarettes and booze.'
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X