Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    I see what you are saying, but the Constitution is preventing Trump from doing the crazy stuff you list, not his obvious incompetence. He's not a king, despite what the FOX bunch thinks.
    Do you have any evidence that the “fox bunch” thinks he’s a king? Trump’s idiocy merits so many legitimate attacks that you shouldn’t need to make up crap stuff like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      Do you have any evidence that the “fox bunch” thinks he’s a king? Trump’s idiocy merits so many legitimate attacks that you shouldn’t need to make up crap stuff like this.
      Was that over the line? I'm sorry.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        But seriously- this asshole wants a critic of his charged with murder? Fuck that guy. Karma can’t strike swift enough.
        Don't worry... as soon as Drumpf stops taking his HCQ karma will strike! Jim Carrey has been using his voodoo black magic on him:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          I do appreciate your patrician concern for my ignorance. Without you and Ted here, I’d never know that my opinions on political scandals are hopelessly naive.
          You're welcome!
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I see what you are saying, but the Constitution is preventing Trump from doing the crazy stuff you list, not his obvious incompetence. He's not a king, despite what the FOX bunch thinks.
            Lolz. The Constitution prevented Bush from fabricating evidence to lead the nation to war in Iraq on false pretenses. The Constitution also prevented Bush from using the NSA (an intelligence service not a law enforcement agency) to spy on its own citizens. The Constitution prevented the Bush administration from deciding that the War on Terror™ exempted it from criminal law (and international conventions) preventing torture and inhumane treatment of prisoners. The Constitution prevented the Bush administration from concocting the fictitious category of "enemy combatants" to deprive detainees of the legal protections of either the U.S. courts or "prisoner-of-war" status. The Constitution also prevented the Bush administration from then detaining these "enemy combatants", some of them American citizens, indefinitely without trial, access to counsel, or the right to have courts to review their cases.

The Bush administration described the president’s war making power under the Constitution as "plenary" - meaning absolute.

But we are plumbing the bottom with President Trump.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Lolz. The constitution prevented Bush from fabricating evidence to lead the nation to war in Iraq on false pretenses. The constitution also prevented Bush from using the NSA (an intelligence service not a law enforcement agency) to spy on its own citizens. The constitution prevented the Bush administration from deciding that the War on Terror™ exempted it from criminal law (and international conventions) preventing torture and inhumane treatment of prisoners. The constitution prevented the Bush administration from concocting the fictitious category of "enemy combatants" to deprive detainees of the legal protections of either the U.S. courts or "prisoner-of-war" status. The constitution also prevented the Bush administration from then detaining these "enemy combatants", some of them American citizens, indefinitely without trial, access to counsel, or the right to have courts to review their cases.

The Bush administration described the president’s war making power under the Constitution as "plenary" - meaning absolute.

But we are plumbing the bottom with President Trump.
              walter sobchak, scholar of constitutional law
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                walter sobchak, scholar of constitutional law
                Agreed, the lawyers behind Bush's administration were indispensable (depending on your POV). Thankfully, Trump is far too incompetent to realize this.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Does Alan Dershowitz count as part of the Fox bunch? He is on there a lot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...474130%3famp=1

I believe there was only one commentator from the news side of Fox who even tried to challenge this absurd comment from Dershowitz. The silence from all the rest would seem to indicate they didn't have a problem with. It.
                  Last edited by BlueK; 05-26-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

lol what?
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

lol what?
                      Has anyone on Fox said, "I think Trump is a king" or something akin to it? Has anyone referred to him as a monarch or using the language of monarchy or royalty? Please produce the copious evidence that the fox bunch think he's a king.

Dershowitz's statement is the closest to it but Dershowitz explicitly says Trump's not the king but that Trump is more powerful than a king.

Comment

Has anyone on Fox said, "I think Trump is a king" or something akin to it? Has anyone referred to him as a monarch or using the language of monarchy or royalty? Please produce the copious evidence that the fox bunch think he's a king.

Dershowitz's statement is the closest to it but Dershowitz explicitly says Trump's not the king but that Trump is more powerful than a king.
                        I thought it was immediately obvious that he was using hyperbole. Similar to if I was to say that Sean Hannity and the entire gang at Fox and Friends love to fellate the president. NO THEY DON'T PROVE IT THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I mean Stephen Miller did say in a national address that the powers of President Trump were substantial and would not be questioned!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• What took them so long?

Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact-check for the first time

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

lol. Anybody else would just get banned, but since Twitter is Emperor Dipshit's Official Mouthpiece we will all merely have to settle for the asterisk. :|

Comment

lol. Anybody else would just get banned, but since Twitter is Emperor Dipshit's Official Mouthpiece we will all merely have to settle for the asterisk. :|
                              He's going to keep Twitter very busy running down all of his crap.

Those asterisks are going to eat at him, like water torture.

Comment

As the article suggests, the move by Twitter was at least partly in response to the poignant letter (everyone should read it) written by the widower of the woman Trump and his knuckleheaded son are suggesting was murdered by Joe Scarborough, perhaps the most scurrilous example of the Trump/Cohen method of attacking anyone who opposes Trump, and that includes the Obama birther allegation, Ted Cruz's dad being in on the JFK assassination, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X