Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    Single payer US style will be a shit storm like one you have never seen before.

We currently spend by government expenditures 1.1 T per year through Medicare and Medicaid. All other healthcare expenditures are 2.2 T through private sources. Transferring that to government will mean we will have more delays and greater costs, so the single payer system will cost us approximately 4 T PER YEAR, or about 800 B more than the total US budget. Good luck with that dude. I can hardly wait. You complain about 5T spent on wars since 2011 but wouldn't complain about 5T being spent each year on government managed healthcare? Are you smoking some strong weed?

A single payer system will be implemented with the efficiency of Obamacare website.
    You're right. Single payer is unrealistic. There’s no way we can survive without health insurance companies.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 07-13-2017, 06:57 PM.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Nothing like having connections with the Trumps to help get matters with the DOJ settled.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-w...7-7/?r=US&IR=T

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        UT is cheering on Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Duh

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Single payer is inevitable.

We've spent several trillions on the "War on Terror" since 2001 and no one seems to give a shit; certainly not enough to repeal AUMF, reduce military spending, or prevent idiots from longing for the days of George W. Bush.

Preach it bro. We need to get the hell out of all these countries and let them destroy themselves... Problem solved. Isolationism is where it is at, man!

Originally posted by Topper View Post
          Single payer US style will be a shit storm like one you have never seen before.

We currently spend by government expenditures 1.1 T per year through Medicare and Medicaid. All other healthcare expenditures are 2.2 T through private sources. Transferring that to government will mean we will have more delays and greater costs, so the single payer system will cost us approximately 4 T PER YEAR, or about 800 B more than the total US budget. Good luck with that dude. I can hardly wait. You complain about 5T spent on wars since 2011 but wouldn't complain about 5T being spent each year on government managed healthcare? Are you smoking some strong weed?

A single payer system will be implemented with the efficiency of Obamacare website.
          I think you are way low on your estimate. We are not talking about sh*tty Canadian-like single payer crap that hands out aspirins that cost about a 3rd of what we Americans pay for them. We are talking about American-sized single payer that hands out free birth control for all the Sandra Flukes out there. Of course, the Big Pharma companies, healthcare providers, etc. and their lobbyists will write up the single payer bill so they will make sure profit big time on the people's tab. (Hint: Buy their stocks when this bill passes.) California Senate Bill 562 should give you an idea of what I am talking about. You need to think bigger, Top.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Sounds like Kushner remembered forgot to list 100 foreign contacts on his federal disclosure form. Good thing that's all sorted now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...reign-contacts

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Sounds like Kushner remembered forgot to list 100 foreign contacts on his federal disclosure form. Good thing that's all sorted now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...reign-contacts

President Obama gave some good advice about all of this at one time...

Obama Tells Trump: Stop ‘Whining’ and Trying to Discredit the Election

President Obama ridiculed Donald J. Trump on Tuesday for saying that the presidential election was rigged against him, telling Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee, to “stop whining and go try to make his case” to win more votes than Hillary Clinton.
              [...]
              https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/1...-election.html

He said some things that actually made sense once in a while.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Single payer is inevitable.
                We are pretty much there already, thanks to Reagan. If you are sick, just go to the ER. Free healthcare.

I just hope they make it illegal to have health insurance/care outside the government single-payer system. That would be the only fair and right thing to do.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

We are pretty much there already, thanks to Reagan. If you are sick, just go to the ER. Free healthcare.

I just hope they make it illegal to have health insurance/care outside the government single-payer system. That would be the only fair and right thing to do.
                  Were pretty much there!?! Wth are you talking about? We aren't close to single payer.

Comment

You're right. Single payer is unrealistic. There’s no way we can survive without health insurance companies.
                    People who believe that a single payer system could work in the US are naive and unfamiliar with the size of the systems in place, the massive disruption transiting to a completely bureaucratic system would cause and the massive increase in administrative costs that would be incurred.

1. Disruption.

Remember the disruption caused by the transition from a mostly free market system that involved roughly 40 to 60 Billion under Obamacare. There is a Goldman Sachs review that is far more thorough than the Rand Report relied upon by apologists that shows this.

But, somewhere between 4 to 6 Million lost existing policies that were superior to the Obamacare policies they received. Is our current system perfect? Is it good? Not necessarily.

A transition to a single payer system means 100s of millions would lose coverage and then be forced into transition.

2. Bureaucracy.

In countries where a single payer system exists, it is administered at a very micro level. See Denmark. The local taxes are collected locally and administered in units of 10,000 or less. All proposals for a US single payer system envisage a massive DC based bureaucracy with no local input. US bureaucracies are inherent failures, corrupt and incompetent. FedEx versus the Post Office.

The idea that we can turn it over the benevolent federal government is so naive, it is mind-boggling.

Does that mean I believe we shouldn't be actively involved in improving the system? Of course not. But they should be working with market realities, not relying on government bureaucrats to deliver something in this country which they can't do.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Preach it bro. We need to get the hell out of all these countries and let them destroy themselves... Problem solved. Isolationism is where it is at, man!

I think you are way low on your estimate. We are not talking about sh*tty Canadian-like single payer crap that hands out aspirins that cost about a 3rd of what we Americans pay for them. We are talking about American-sized single payer that hands out free birth control for all the Sandra Flukes out there. Of course, the Big Pharma companies, healthcare providers, etc. and their lobbyists will write up the single payer bill so they will make sure profit big time on the people's tab. (Hint: Buy their stocks when this bill passes.) California Senate Bill 562 should give you an idea of what I am talking about. You need to think bigger, Top.
                      The entire healthcare expenditures for 2014 was around 3.4 T, and we know government intrusion would exponentially expand this, and incur delays and more denials of care. Has anybody ever been involved in a Social Security disability proceeding? If you have, you would never want a single payer system.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

You think free birth control pills are expensive? Pretty sure not providing the birth control pills costs more in the long run.

Comment

UT is cheering on Trump?
                          Man, it must be tough living with chronic obtuseness. Hang in there, fella.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• DEpgIhTU0AAzJtk.jpg

Comment

• I hate it when drug runners throw the large sacks of drugs over the border fence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Man, it must be tough living with chronic obtuseness. Hang in there, fella.
                                With your coaching I'll make it through. Thanks pal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X