Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
    Welp, this bodes well for Mideast peace:

Trump to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital in policy shift that could spark unrest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.baa1ff11c1c6

Senate Resolution 176, Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem.
    (May 24, 2017)

RESOLUTION
    Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification
    of Jerusalem.
    Whereas June 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the Six
    Day War and the reunification of the city of Jerusalem;
    Whereas there has been a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem
    for 3 millennia;
    Whereas Jerusalem is a holy city and the home for people of
    the Jewish, Muslim, and Christian faiths;
    Whereas, for 3,000 years, Jerusalem has been Judaism’s
    holiest city and the focal point of Jewish religious devotion;

Whereas, from 1948 to 1967, Jerusalem was a divided city,
    and Israeli citizens of all faiths as well as Jews of all nationalities
    were denied access to holy sites in eastern Jerusalem,
    including the Old City, in which the Western
    Wall is located;
    Whereas, in 1967, Jerusalem was reunited by Israel during
    the conflict known as the Six Day War;
    Whereas, since 1967, Jerusalem has been a united city, and
    persons of all religious faiths have access to holy sites
    within the city;
    Whereas this year marks the 50th year that Jerusalem has
    been administered as a united city in which the rights of
    all faiths have been respected and protected;
    Whereas the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (Public Law
    104–45), which became law on November 8, 1995, states
    that Jerusalem should remain the undivided capital of
    Israel in which the rights of every ethnic and religious
    group are protected;

[...]

(6) reaffirms the Jerusalem Embassy Act of
    1995 (Public Law 104–45) as United States law,
    and calls upon the President and all United States
    officials to abide by its provisions.
    Roll call: Not a single senator voted against it, 90-0.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• As an impartial observer, I just want to say that Walter is better than UT at the Trump link game. #SJBH

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        As an impartial observer, I just want to say that Walter is better than UT at the Trump link game. #SJBH
        What the hell does any of this have to do with the decision? Really get bored with whataboutism.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          What the hell does any of this have to do with the decision? Really get bored with whataboutism.
          The thing is, I don't think Frank Ryan really cares about the decision, he just cares that it involves Trump. So that's the context in which it was raised and that makes the whataboutisms more relevant to the discussion.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            The thing is, I don't think Frank Ryan really cares about the decision, he just cares that it involves Trump. So that's the context in which it was raised and that makes the whataboutisms more relevant to the discussion.
            I care about discussion, at least as much as anyone else in this thread. Thanks for speaking on my behalf though, and singling me out.

The decision to move the embassy from Tel Aviv is going to haunt us. I'd love to hear from those whom applaud the move.

This would be an awful decision if Obama did it. But, yes, it does support my world view that Trump is a dangerous moron.
            Last edited by frank ryan; 12-06-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I care about discussion, at least as much as anyone else in this thread. Thanks for speaking on my behalf though, and singling me out.

The decision to move the embassy from Tel Aviv is going to haunt us. I'd love to hear from those whom applaud the move.

This would be an awful decision if Obama did it. But, yes, it does support my world view that Trump is a dangerous moron.
              I only singled you out because you raised the issue of the embassy. More of a comment to Lebowski than you.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I only singled you out because you raised the issue of the embassy. More of a comment to Lebowski than you.
                I'd be appalled at the decision regardless of who made it. Don't fault me for TedWalter whatboutism.

Comment

I'd be appalled at the decision regardless of who made it. Don't fault me for TedWalter whatboutism.
                  That may be the case, but your lack of comment on the issue back in May when the Senate voted unanimously in favor of it, plus your track record in this thread, makes your comment a little harder to believe.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That may be the case, but your lack of comment on the issue back in May when the Senate voted unanimously in favor of it, plus your track record in this thread, makes your comment a little harder to believe.
                    This was the first time I'm aware of it. I didn't catch the resolution when it happened. If you really think I'd be good if anyone else wanted to move the embassy, then you're calling me a liar, and that's not cool.

You're absolutely right that this reinforces my feelings about Trump, but this a horrible move.

Comment

OK, if someone doesn't comment on an obscure meaningless resolution back in May, you can't express an opinion now. Got it.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Lebo and Ryan ignored the May resolution. No biggee, but not everybody sees the recognition as a call to war.

The NYT opinion for the Jewish angle. I suppose this man is just a Trump stooge too. I don't have a strong opinion on it. If it offends the US's allies in the region, it's probably not the best idea, but OTOH, since Trump is viewed as an erratic moron, he might be the correct one to do it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/05/o...tion%2Fopinion
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Thanks for [...] singling me out.
                          Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Don't fault me for TedWalter whatboutism.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          No kidding. I for one am glad we finally have a President that has the horse sense to do what just about every other single politician in DC has voted for and/or resolved... to make Jerusalem the "eternal" capital of Israel, e.g. now and forever. About damn time the POTUS upheld the 1995 law moving the embassy to Jersulsalem too.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

No kidding. I for one am glad we finally have a President that has the horse sense to do what just about every other single politician in DC has voted for and/or resolved... to make Jerusalem the "eternal" capital of Israel, e.g. now and forever. About damn time the POTUS upheld the 1995 law moving the embassy to Jersulsalem too.
                            Sure. Eff the Palestinians! Go Trump! #maga

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Sure. Eff the Palestinians! Go Trump! #maga
                              Main job of POTUS is to uphold laws passed by Congress. (Sorry, just being honest.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                Main job of POTUS is to uphold laws passed by Congress. (Sorry, just being honest.)

Since passage, the law has never been implemented, because of opposition from Presidents Clinton, Bush, or Obama, who view it as a Congressional infringement on the executive branch's constitutional authority over foreign policy; they have consistently claimed the presidential waiver on national security interests.

Comment

Working...
                                X