Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not leaving. It was not an exit announcement.

Is anyone else bothered, in the slightest, that the full weight of federal prosecutorial might is being marshalled against manafort for things that have no relationship to Muellers investigation of Russian meddling in the election? Things that would never have come to light if Mueller didn’t want some leverage? I know Manafort is a sleaze, but something about this process is troubling.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I’m not leaving. It was not an exit announcement.

Is anyone else bothered, in the slightest, that the full weight of federal prosecutorial might is being marshalled against manafort for things that have no relationship to Muellers investigation of Russian meddling in the election? Things that would never have come to light if Mueller didn’t want some leverage? I know Manafort is a sleaze, but something about this process is troubling.
      Not surprising right? Starr started with Whitewater and ended up with Lewinsky.

This is somewhat moot anyway. Clinton pardoned McDougal. Trump will pardon Manafort.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Not surprising right? Starr started with Whitewater and ended up with Lewinsky.

This is somewhat moot anyway. Clinton pardoned McDougal. Trump will pardon Manafort.
        Not surprising. But the special prosecutor process just seems Dubious to me.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• It's amazing that probably 90%+ of Congress probably approves congress having to approve tariffs but republicans won't stand up to trump even to prevent their own districts from being negatively affected. Who cares if you poke the freaking bear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
            I’m not really into these political threads, but I’ve gotta say that the theme or moral of Little Red Riding Hood is not at all the same as the boy who cried wolf. In fact, they’re kind of opposites. Riding Hood failed to recognize an actual wolf right in front of her and got herself eaten (that is, she should have cried wolf, but didn’t)

If anything, Riding Hood teaches us to be suspicious of things that don’t seem quite right, such as lying wolves dressed as grandmothers.

carry on.

Originally posted by creekster View Post

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            It's amazing that probably 90%+ of Congress probably approves congress having to approve tariffs but republicans won't stand up to trump even to prevent their own districts from being negatively affected. Who cares if you poke the freaking bear.
            The continued consolidation of power in the executive branch is very troubling. It didn’t start with Trump or Obama, but both of them took it to some very high heights. Trump should have no authority to levy tariffs on our allies in the name of national security. Congress should stop him, but you are correct that they won’t stand up to him. Thankfully I’m seeing more and more conservatives run from Trump down here in Texas. The tariffs and trade warden to be pissing them off.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

This is part of the distinction of investigating a crime versus investigating a person. The Mueller prosecution of Manafort is the result of investigating the person. I am bothered by this, because I believe most people could be found guilty of something if the full weight of the government were to come down upon them. I have no opinion on him as I haven't followed the details of his crime, but the approach bothers me as bad policy.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
                I’m not really into these political threads, but I’ve gotta say that the theme or moral of Little Red Riding Hood is not at all the same as the boy who cried wolf. In fact, they’re kind of opposites. Riding Hood failed to recognize an actual wolf right in front of her and got herself eaten (that is, she should have cried wolf, but didn’t)

If anything, Riding Hood teaches us to be suspicious of things that don’t seem quite right, such as lying wolves dressed as grandmothers.

carry on.
                You're right. I was in a hurry and got it wrong. Substitute boy who cried wolf and grant me absolution.

Comment

• SPACE FORCE! Enlist today!

"I am hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the armed forces," Trump said during a meeting of the National Space Council.

He first floated the idea of a Space Force as a part of his national security strategy during a speech on March 13, saying "space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air, and sea." The president described then how he'd originally coined the term as a joke, while discussing U.S. government spending and private investment in space.

"We have the Air Force, we'll have the space force," Trump said in March.
                  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/pres...ry-branch.html

I hope they have x-wings.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• How many senators will express outrage over children in cages but do nothing, as always

Comment

• Because I'm too lazy to look it up, is the TA doing anything different with illegal immigrant families than the OA? I'm not in favor of it either way, but I'm pretty liberal when it comes to immigration. I do think that the press should judge all administrations equally on the issue, though.

Sure, they're breaking the law. But honestly, how serious is it? If they come here to leach off the system or commit more serious crimes, that's one thing. Coming here just to get a decent job is another. Like every other black market, the black market of immigration is created by a government that warps incentives. Getting back to the question, though, where did this idiocy start, and has it changed under Trump, or is it just getting more press because he's Trump and broadly disliked by the media?
                      sigpic
                      "Outlined against a blue, gray
                      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        Because I'm too lazy to look it up, is the TA doing anything different with illegal immigrant families than the OA? I'm not in favor of it either way, but I'm pretty liberal when it comes to immigration. I do think that the press should judge all administrations equally on the issue, though.

Sure, they're breaking the law. But honestly, how serious is it? If they come here to leach off the system or commit more serious crimes, that's one thing. Coming here just to get a decent job is another. Like every other black market, the black market of immigration is created by a government that warps incentives. Getting back to the question, though, where did this idiocy start, and has it changed under Trump, or is it just getting more press because he's Trump and broadly disliked by the media?
                        Under Obama they weren't breaking up families. That is new. When adults with kids had to be detained they had them together with their kids. Then a court ruling said they couldn't hold kids for more than 21 days, so they started letting people go at that point. What is new under Trump is when Sessions started having them immediately take the kids and detain them separately. Both Sessions and John Kelly among others have said this is a deterrent to people coming at all. Trump is saying that they're doing this because the democrats passed some law at some point and they can't do anything about it, which is 100% false.

Also, they are mostly doing this with the Central Americans who are coming and applying for asylum, which is a legal process for requesting entry to the US.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 06-18-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          Because I'm too lazy to look it up, is the TA doing anything different with illegal immigrant families than the OA? I'm not in favor of it either way, but I'm pretty liberal when it comes to immigration. I do think that the press should judge all administrations equally on the issue, though.

TA enacted zero tolerance, meaning they do this to anyone they catch. Obama only did this to try people crossing that had records IIRC. Not sure 100% but 2,000 children in 6 weeks.

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Ten minutes in and today’s press briefing is a doozy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 06-18-2018, 02:37 PM.
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                              Ten minutes in and today’s press briefing is a doosy.

So you’re saying it’s a slow day?
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                                Ten minutes in and today’s press briefing is a doosy.

I have a new most hated cabinet official

Comment

Working...
                                X