Page 234 of 278 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,020 of 8322

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

ABC cancels "Roseanne" after her racist tweet. Trump's response will be fun.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/medi...ton/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    ABC cancels "Roseanne" after her racist tweet. Trump's response will be fun.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/medi...ton/index.html
    Time to see the altright Trump worshipper snowflakes in action.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Still bad. What Trump really does differently is ramp up the vitriolic language around immigration, as well as also rail against LEGAL immigration.
    What's bad is that reputable news orgs mistakenly reported this in the first place, thus adding fuel to the fake news fire. The liberals are writing checks to Donald Trumps 2020 campaign through their continued missteps. God help us all if he gets reelected.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    What's bad is that reputable news orgs mistakenly reported this in the first place, thus adding fuel to the fake news fire. The liberals are writing checks to Donald Trumps 2020 campaign through their continued missteps. God help us all if he gets reelected.
    Trump's opponents can't make a mistake like that. But Trump and his people can purposely make up and say and distribute whatever they want on Facebook and Twitter.
    Last edited by BlueK; 05-29-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Lol...that photo is from 2014. Well into Obama's 2nd Term. That's a big whiff by the press.
    How? Trump's administration doubled down not only on Baby Jail just as it was being phased out, but also started family separation as a means to discourage pursuit by asylum applications. Big whiff by Tick.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

This is real, by the way.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    This is real, by the way.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/2...o%2F9FgscwZrkn
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

I was referring to the family separation policy- not the allegation of all the missing kids. I guess I didn't follow what you were talking about.

So reputable news media and are one entity with democrats? That's not true, despite what Trumpians would have you believe.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 05-29-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s Use of Informant for Trump Campaign Was Appropriate
    The South Carolina Republican joins top Democrats in disputing President Trump’s misleading characterization of the informant’s activities.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said on Tuesday that the FBI’s use of an informant for the Trump campaign in 2016 was appropriate, joining top Democrats in disputing President Donald Trump’s characterization of the informant as a spy.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said during an interview on Fox News.

In recent days, Trump has parroted misleading claims about the FBI’s use of the informant as part of its counter-intelligence investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, dubbing the individual a “spy” and referring to the controversy as “Spygate.”

Gowdy’s comments were significant because the former federal prosecutor participated in a classified briefing about the informant last week that was conducted by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. The so-called “Gang of Eight”—which includes House and Senate leaders in addition to the top Republicans and Democrats on the intelligence committees—also joined the briefing. The Democrats present at the meeting previously released a joint statement saying they heard “no evidence” from Rosenstein and Wray that a “spy” was placed within the Trump campaign.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trey-g...as-appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    So reputable news media and are one entity with democrats? That's not true, despite what Trumpians would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Lol...that photo is from 2014. Well into Obama's 2nd Term. That's a big whiff by the press.
    Indeed.

Reminds me of this article from Resistancehole:

Drumpf’s Complicity In Israel’s Brutal Attacks On Palestinians Is Yet Another Example Of The GOP Taking Credit For Obama’s Hard Work

Since day one of his orange presidency, Drumpf has wasted no time putting his name on the hard-earned achievements of those before him and chalking those accomplishments up as his own personal successes. We saw this cheap political tactic wielded again this week as the U.S. moved its embassy to Jerusalem, stoking extreme violence against Palestinians, and this might be Trumpo’s biggest whopper yet: Drumpf’s complicity in Israel’s brutal attacks on Palestinians is yet another example of the GOP taking credit for Obama’s hard work.

First, our Cheeto in chief claimed the booming economy he inherited from Obama was the result of his own doing, and now he’s acting like he’s the first and only president to unwaveringly enable Israeli’s murderous apartheid tactics that killed 60 Palestinians this week. The reality is that he’s capitalizing on the work of President Obama, who laid the foundation for ignoring the slaughter of innocent Palestinian men, women, and children to back Israeli interests. Without the diligent efforts of POTUS 44, Israel would never have seen a $38 billion military aid package, and this current Republican administration wouldn’t have this to co-opt as its own achievement like it did Obama-era unemployment rates.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Trump’s ‘zero tolerance’ at the border is causing child shelters to fill up fast

HHS does not have a formal responsibility to track children once they are released to sponsors. Agency officials say that is the immigration court system’s job. And because many adult sponsors, including parents, are living in the country illegally, they may fear contact with federal officials.

“In the last fiscal year, in 14 percent of those calls, the family didn’t answer the phone,” a top HHS official, Steven Wagner, told reporters Tuesday. “But there’s no reason to believe that anything has happened to the kids. If you call a friend and they don’t answer the phone, you don’t assume that they’ve been kidnapped.”
    Really?!?!?! Thank you for explaining why you can't locate these children, but this is disturbing. There are children out there for which the USG took responsibility and the USG cannot locate them. Doesn't that bother people?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Trump’s ‘zero tolerance’ at the border is causing child shelters to fill up fast

Really?!?!?! Thank you for explaining why you can't locate these children, but this is disturbing. There are children out there for which the USG took responsibility and the USG cannot locate them. Doesn't that bother people?

I mean, if I voted for Trump and it makes Trump look bad? = fake news = totally not disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post

Yes, that’s disturbing. It’s no more disturbing under Trump than it was under Obama.

Yes, that’s disturbing. It’s no more disturbing under Trump than it was under Obama.
    Under the “zero tolerance” approach rolled out last month by Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, anyone who crosses into the United States illegally will face criminal prosecution. In most cases, that means parents who arrive with children stay in federal jails while their children are sent to HHS shelters.

Yes, that's a bad policy and something newly enforced under Trump. The problem I have is with news articles claiming that Trump lost 1,500 kids adn then posting pictures of kids in jail from Obama's time as president. Neither the claim nor the pictures are factual to the accusations against Trump but despite it's lack of authenticity, it seemed to take over social media before anyone debunked it...throwing more and more kindling on the fake news fire.

Yes, that's a bad policy and something newly enforced under Trump. The problem I have is with news articles claiming that Trump lost 1,500 kids adn then posting pictures of kids in jail from Obama's time as president. Neither the claim nor the pictures are factual to the accusations against Trump but despite it's lack of authenticity, it seemed to take over social media before anyone debunked it...throwing more and more kindling on the fake news fire.
    So you would like a current picture of kids in cages, which is happening with much, much, greater frequency under this newly rolled-out policy before you'll believe it? By the way it's not just families crossing illegally that are separated- it's asylum applicants, too.

So you would like a current picture of kids in cages, which is happening with much, much, greater frequency under this newly rolled-out policy before you'll believe it? By the way it's not just families crossing illegally that are separated- it's asylum applicants, too.
    I would use a photo relevant to the accusations against the Trump administrations.

I would use a photo relevant to the accusations against the Trump administrations.

Yes, that's a bad policy and something newly enforced under Trump.
    This.

#resistance criticizes Trump for enforcing policies/laws already on the books.

Maybe change the laws? adjust the policies?

The embassy move to Jerusalem... same thing. Israel policy at large (see above)... same thing.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    This.

The embassy move to Jerusalem... same thing. Israel policy at large (see above)... same thing.
    I’m curious what people think we should do in these cases. Should the border not be enforced or maybe they want the kids to be detained in jail with the parents? What’s the alternative? Open border? Seems like a not so good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    This.

The law allowed for Presidents to delay the embassy move until a more suitable time. It wasn't simply an implementation issue. The President's hands were not tied.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

I’m curious what people think we should do in these cases. Should the border not be enforced or maybe they want the kids to be detained in jail with the parents? What’s the alternative? Open border? Seems like a not so good alternative.
    First - I agree with you Moliere. Using pre-Trump photos and jumping up and down while pointing fingers at him regarding policies that pre-date him DOES fuel the fire of those who tend to be on the fence but have friends and neighbors telling them that Trump is being treated unfairly by the media. The more it happens, the more his current support will be cemented in his favor - and they'll be joined by some who are currently uncommitted.

Second - immigration and what to do with the kids of immigrants is a mess. And I'm not sure ANYONE has the answer. Up until recently, if parents were deported kids would be placed into the state foster care system. And in the instance of kids who were citizens but had parents who were not - it was not uncommon for parents to be deported while the kids remained in the US foster care system.

The US is not in the business of deporting US citizens, and most of the time the parents would prefer their kids stay in the "Land of Opportunity" anyway, so even if there was no abuse or neglect in the situation they stayed. The US foster care system isn't intended to be a long-term solution, so after about a year, quite frequently the state would move to a termination of parental rights and then adoption for the kids.

Just within the last 8-10 years there's been some agreements with Mexico that allows the US to identify appropriate relatives in Mexico and transfer the the kids to those relatives.

With this current situation - of families being picked up crossing the border - I'm honestly not sure what the right answer is. Kids shouldn't be locked up in jail, and they're better off with their parents, but if you're looking at closing the border and picking up and returning undocumented border crossers - how do you keep the family together long enough to send them home together too? And if you do jail the parents and shelter the kids, how do you make sure to keep their cases connected so that when the parents are sent back the kids are sent back with them?

It's a horrible situation. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Open the border. Felons are deported for life. Fingerprint and DNA everyone who comes in. Anyone sneaking across will be a criminal, so a wall, minefield, whatever is ok, but not necessary. America is the greatest country in the world because people come here seeking opportunity. If we stop imigration, we hinder progress. Sure, some will come to leech off the system. That's the price you pay for taking care of people who are down on their luck. People should accept that. In the long run, we're better off striving to make this a country where even an orphaned son of a prostitute can rise to make his mark, so that everyone with a dream wants to live here.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    Open the border. Felons are deported for life. Fingerprint and DNA everyone who comes in. Anyone sneaking across will be a criminal, so a wall, minefield, whatever is ok, but not necessary. America is the greatest country in the world because people come here seeking opportunity. If we stop imigration, we hinder progress. Sure, some will come to leech off the system. That's the price you pay for taking care of people who are down on their luck. People should accept that. In the long run, we're better off striving to make this a country where even an orphaned son of a prostitute can rise to make his mark, so that everyone with a dream wants to live here.

You're a great American who gets what this country is about. I could not agree more. People won't have a reason to sneak across if they have a viable legal option. Having to pay thousands of dollars to lawyers and wait for decades to enter legally is not viable.

One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

In the long run, we're better off striving to make this a country where even an orphaned son of a prostitute can rise to make his mark, so that everyone with a dream wants to live here.
    I am not giving away my shot!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

So Trump comments today on the Roseanne Barr firing to complain about why ABC doesn't apologize for saying horrible things about him? Wow. I don't know how you can just read Trump's tweets and not conclude he is pathologically narcissistic.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/medi...ger/index.html

So Trump comments today on the Roseanne Barr firing to complain about why ABC doesn't apologize for saying horrible things about him? Wow. I don't know how you can just read Trump's tweets and not conclude he is pathologically narcissistic.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/medi...ger/index.html
    Poor Trump. Hopefully, he gets his apology soon.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.