Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm sure this will get mixed reviews in this crowd - but I tend to think it's stuff like this that leads to Trump supporters coalescing and cementing their resolve - as they decide they can't trust the media, so Trump must be right.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/06/...finitive-list/
    Excessive lying from the man holding the most important job in the country is going to invite fact checking. His fans know he lies. They just don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Excessive lying from the man holding the most important job in the country is going to invite fact checking. His fans know he lies. They just don't care.
      And I'm trying to tell you WHY they don't care. They don't care because they feel like EVERYONE is lying to them. They also feel like some of those people have been lying to them for years and years - while Trump is new at this. And - of course they like his lies more than some of the other lies they've heard, so they accept them.

That's kind of what this reporter says, no? That the reason the press is losing credibility with the people who support Trump is because they are resorting to reporting untruths themselves - so the Trump supporters don't trust when they DO identify Trump doing what Trump does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        And I'm trying to tell you WHY they don't care. They don't care because they feel like EVERYONE is lying to them. They also feel like some of those people have been lying to them for years and years - while Trump is new at this. And - of course they like his lies more than some of the other lies they've heard, so they accept them.

That's kind of what this reporter says, no? That the reason the press is losing credibility with the people who support Trump is because they are resorting to reporting untruths themselves - so the Trump supporters don't trust when they DO identify Trump doing what Trump does.
        Here's one I have a problem with. I have seen the clip where Trump uses those words. It's not that clear he was only talking about one or the other. Yes, he can make the argument he was referring to MS-13. The only problem is, if you watch it, he uses the word "animals" right AFTER talking about illegals in general but at least 4-5 seconds BEFORE he throws in MS-13. It could be classic Trump doublespeak to satisfy both the KKK/White supreamcist and the everyday Joe factions of his support at the same time. He does that a lot. He talks off the cuff, of course. You can make a credible argument he was calling all illegals animals and then caught himself and made it sound more palatable.

47. May 16, 2018:
        The New York Times’ Julie Hirschfeld Davis, AP, CNN’s Oliver Darcy and others excerpted a Trump comment as if he had referred to immigrants or illegal immigrants generally as “animals.” Most outlets corrected their reports later to note that Trump had specifically referred to members of the murderous criminal gang MS-13.
        Last edited by BlueK; 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• This one is definitely a stretch. The typo/mistake makes a stronger case FOR Trump than against him. Trump's whole thing on trade is about the poor little US and how no one buys our products, but we buy theirs. The truth in this case actually argues against Trump's position. Then again, this is a journalist and I won't assume she's an expert on the topic, so I'll give her a little bit of a pass on this. Or should I?

50. June 1, 2018
          In a story about Trump tariffs, AP reported the dollar value of Virginia’s farm and forestry exports to Canada and Mexico was $800. It’s $800 million.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt. Sure it's their job to try to get the facts right and perfection is the only acceptable standard. I get that.

That's not a credible excuse for the kind of lies Trump tells which can be easily discovered by finding a video from a couple of months ago that proves the lie.
          Last edited by BlueK; 06-12-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Looks like a photo for a Barber College Wall of Shame.

Comment

• Judging by his actions, this is what making America great seems to mean to Donald Trump:

"First Donald Trump remade the Republican Party in his own image, and now he is trying to remake America the same way — into a selfish, dishonest country with no close friends, totally unpredictable, free of any commitment to enduring values, ready to stab any ally in the back on Twitter if it doesn’t do our bidding and much more comfortable with mafia-like dictators than elected democrats.

God forbid we become the United States of Trump. That would threaten our future and the stability of the world. The world has come to rely on an America that, more often than not, has been ready to pay any price and bear any burden to do the right things, say the right things, model the right things and stand for the right things — when others were unwilling or unable to do so.

Fox News Chorus: That’s awfully churlish, Friedman. After all, Trump may deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for the denuclearization deal he just forged with North Korea.

Trump just picked a fight with our closest NATO allies, including Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau — who Trump’s team said “stabbed us in the back” after Trudeau’s mild-mannered defense of his own country’s trade policy on dairy imports. This after Trump has had nary a word of censure for Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, who stabbed us in the chest with the biggest cyberattack on our democracy ever.

What happens if there is another 9/11 and we need Canada’s help for something more than buying our milk? What country wouldn’t want Canada as its neighbor? Our president is compromised on Russia and is rapidly alienating every ally with whom we confronted Nazism, Communism and radical Islamism in the last 70 years.

Are you feeling more secure?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/o...ion-columnists

Comment

• Some great stuff here from Senator Jeff Flake:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/.../trump-vs-gop/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    The world has come to rely on an America that, more often than not, has been ready to pay any price and bear any burden to do the right things, say the right things, model the right things and stand for the right things — when others were unwilling or unable to do so.
                    Iraq War Cheerleader and Torture Apologist lectures us on standing up for the right things.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Haha. New York suing Trump for using his charitable foundation for "sweeping violations of campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign".

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/n...y-general.html

Whataboutists, start your engines!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Haha. New York suing Trump for using his charitable foundation for "sweeping violations of campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign".

Lock him up!

Comment

Haha. New York suing Trump for using his charitable foundation for "sweeping violations of campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign".

Pshaw. Apparently you've never heard of the Clinton Foundation.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• On RealClearPolitics you can find at least a half-dozen new Pro-Trump apology pieces linked on there every day, along with a few articles arguing on the other side. It's interesting that on this taking kids at the border away from their parents story that it is deathly silent on the pro-Trump side over there.

The pro-Trump side will pretty much defend anything. But, they're not talking about that. From some casual conversations I've had recently, I'm finding most people don't even know about it. That's sad, because this is a truly barbaric practice.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• What a bunch of FBI/DoJ dumbasses... They said they would stop Drumpf from becoming president but failed:

Someone should fire them.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Good... about time New York gives all their damn lawyers something to do! Welfare for lawyers.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X