Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Yeah, I think the point is that she doesn't have to do that job.
    Somebody does!

Do people really think nobody should do that job?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Just to help some of the bird get ready, Trump wins by a landslide in 2020.
      lol, he might win but it won't be by a landslide. He hasn't been popular with anyone other than his base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Somebody does!

I think our very own Ted, or maybe even Walter could be up for the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          I think our very own Ted, or maybe even Walter could be up for the job.
          See I don’t get this mindset. You and I hate Trump but I think it is crazy to think he shouldn’t have a press secretary. Or that it is a shameful position. Good grief.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

See I don’t get this mindset. You and I hate Trump but I think it is crazy to think he shouldn’t have a press secretary. Or that it is a shameful position. Good grief.
            I didn’t say he shouldn’t have a press secretary? I was just nominating Ted. Sheesh.

Comment

• actually you advocated that a bot rather than a person act as Trump's secretary...
              Last edited by Flystripper; 06-25-2018, 09:56 AM.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Somebody does!

Well, I don't think that. But if one is going to do it the way she does, repeating obvious lies by the POTUS, she should be prepared when people express their disgust for her. The #2, Raj Shah, does a much better, more engaging job. But no doubt POTUS doesn't like that approach. He wants a rude, confrontational lyer that tows the Trump line, no matter how absurd. He wants a war on the press, so he puts her out there. She's there because does exactly what he wants. The consequences follow for her.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  While this is true, do you support the suggestions of Maxine Waters?
                  I did last night, but mrs. myboynoah and the Washington Post talked be back from the ledge.

But we've entered a whole new era of political discourse introduced by the POTUS. If his people can't take it coming right back at them, then maybe they should get other jobs.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

I did last night, but mrs. myboynoah and the Washington Post talked be back from the ledge.

But we've entered a whole new era of political discourse introduced by the POTUS. If his people can't take it coming right back at them, then maybe they should get other jobs.
                    Case in point. This is their boss. He's lying (big surprise). Get used to the shunning, folks.

Comment

Case in point. This is their boss. He's lying (big surprise). Get used to the shunning, folks.

So you support booting your political opponents from restaurants? Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        I didn’t say he shouldn’t have a press secretary? I was just nominating Ted. Sheesh.
                        I already have a job which rewards me very well... but thanks Frank!

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        actually you advocated that a bot rather than a person act as Trump's secretary...
                        Good idea... Drumpf should just get a Russian bot to answer the dumb press' questions.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          Agree. The left's unhinged paranoia begets violence toward those that are not "woke" enough to agree. These latest restaurant incidents are very disturbing.

The reasoning seems to be:
                          "We are doing this (e.g. throwing Mrs. Sanders out of a restaurant or shouting the DHS secretary out of another), because you first did that (long list of grievances)."

You hear that same logic from high-school and middle-school aged kids with behavior problems all day, every day. The lack of self-awareness upon reflection is striking (though not necessarily surprising) for a pre-teen/early-teen. However, in this case... the Democrats are supposedly "the adults in the room".
                          NBWSdigVShqP8Mr7rjp2fnc3krNBdGM4RyA8pnl2QFg.jpg

The dems calling themselves the "adults in the room" is a lot like Drumpf calling himself very smart... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So you support booting your political opponents from restaurants? Wow.
                            No I don't, and that is not what is happening here. I'm sure Trump supporters can go eat at those places unharrassed. But when the POTUS pulls shit like this by leading the charge of insults and uncivil behavior, then well-known members of his team may face similar behavior from those that the POTUS is attacking.

Comment

• Here is the deal on Sanders: it seems to me that the job of a press secretary is to speak for the president - to do the very best you can to accurately represent his positions, plans, etc. It is similar to an attorney representing the interests of a client. It is also a very important and necessary position. Going after her seems crazy to me. If you don't like the message, go after the source. Don't shoot the messenger.

MBN, you are arguing that the problem is her tactics. 99% of the reaction I am seeing is simply based on the fact that she is a spokesperson for Trump, whom people hate.

This is kind of polarization drives me crazy. Are we really going to have republican-only and democrat-only restaurants? Would it really kill someone to have to serve her a meal? Political discourse is at an all-time low.

Comment

Here is the deal on Sanders: it seems to me that the job of a press secretary is to speak for the president - to do the very best you can to accurately represent his positions, plans, etc. It is similar to an attorney representing the interests of a client. It is also a very important and necessary position. Going after her seems crazy to me. If you don't like the message, go after the source. Don't shoot the messenger.

MBN, you are arguing that the problem is her tactics. 99% of the reaction I am seeing is simply based on the fact that she is a spokesperson for Trump, whom people hate.

This is kind of polarization drives me crazy. Are we really going to have republican-only and democrat-only restaurants? Would it really kill someone to have to serve her a meal? Political discourse is at an all-time low.
                                I think you're giving her a big pass. She's not some robot, or even a lawyer. She is the face of the administration. She is supposed to be providing us with information. Often times nothing comes of those press briefings. She is complicit with his policies, his racism, his assholerly, his lies, his attacks on a free and open press. If he is dangerous, then she is dangerous.1.

Like I sad, in an era where her boss leads the uncouth behavior, we shouldn't be surprised if it comes back at her and others in the administration carrying the POTUS' water. And we shouldn't be surprised if many people who might have cared before simply shrug.

Comment

Working...
                                X