Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Eh, no one's going to sue SNL, and no one is going to criminalize parody.

The real problem was that the Trump sketches just weren't that funny. Damon was good though.
    The fact that the president of the United States doesn't understand why it can't be illegal for a TV show to do a parody making fun of the president of the US, is pretty dang absurd and sad on its face. What a dumbass. This isn't some stupid third world totalitarian country. POTUS should have an understanding of and respect for basic concepts like the Bill of Rights and First Amendment. It's not trivial that he doesn't, or even worse, does know but talks like that out of a cynical desire to erode respect for those concepts.
    Last edited by BlueK; 12-17-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      The fact that the president of the United States doesn't understand why it can't be illegal for a TV show to do a parody making fun of the president of the US, is pretty dang absurd and sad on its face. What a dumbass. This isn't some stupid third world totalitarian country. POTUS should have an understanding of and respect for basic concepts like the Bill of Rights and First Amendment. It's not trivial that he doesn't, or even worse, does know but talks like that out of a cynical desire to erode respect for those concepts.
      WHEN ALL THEY DO IS DEFAME AND BELITTLE? COLLUSION?!? MAYBE THE COURTS CAN DECIDE THEIR FATE? Yeah he's pretty much a really really stupid person. I love Matt Damon as Kavanaugh, too. And while Alec Baldwin doesn't do a good impression of Trump at all, you can really tell that Trump watches anyway and it gets under his skin. Which only goes to prove just how dumb this speed-freak dumbass really is.

I loved that Weezer sketch.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Ben Stiller I can understand, but why did De Niro sign up for that? None of his Mueller appearances have been funny or memorable.
        Probably b/c he's Robert DeNiro and him just showing up in a wig doing his Fockers schtick gets raucous applause. And he really does look just like Mueller. I thought it actually was Mueller for a second the first time he did it and it bugged me out.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          WHEN ALL THEY DO IS DEFAME AND BELITTLE? COLLUSION?!? MAYBE THE COURTS CAN DECIDE THEIR FATE? Yeah he's pretty much a really really stupid person. I love Matt Damon as Kavanaugh, too. And while Alec Baldwin doesn't do a good impression of Trump at all, you can really tell that Trump watches anyway and it gets under his skin. Which only goes to prove just how dumb this speed-freak dumbass really is.

I loved that Weezer sketch.
          The Weezer sketch was great. The Rivers glasses were a nice touch too.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Eh, no one's going to sue SNL, and no one is going to criminalize parody.

The real problem was that the Trump sketches just weren't that funny. Damon was good though.
              I'm not alarmed because I think SNL writers are heading to jail tomorrow, I'm alarmed because we have a President who yet again speaks like a dictator, and it's normalized. You really think this shit isn't concerning?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                I'm not alarmed because I think SNL writers are heading to jail tomorrow, I'm alarmed because we have a President who yet again speaks like a dictator, and it's normalized. You really think this shit isn't concerning?
                Maybe this sounds dumb - but I'm not concerned. Because 1) I know he's an emotionally intelligent dumbass who has serious insecurities and is going to say dumbass stuff and 2) I also know that he doesn't have the authority or ability to actually do any of the dumbass stuff that he is talking about. And while there are a handful of crazies who might agree with him - the vast majority recognize it for what it is and don't. Because they know it won't happen.

Just like we know that Democratic dumbass from California isn't going to be dropping nuclear bombs on gun owners who don't turn in firearms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Maybe this sounds dumb - but I'm not concerned. Because 1) I know he's an emotionally intelligent dumbass who has serious insecurities and is going to say dumbass stuff and 2) I also know that he doesn't have the authority or ability to actually do any of the dumbass stuff that he is talking about. And while there are a handful of crazies who might agree with him - the vast majority recognize it for what it is and don't. Because they know it won't happen.

Just like we know that Democratic dumbass from California isn't going to be dropping nuclear bombs on gun owners who don't turn in firearms.
                  It doesn't sounds dumb, a bit naive or conditioned to the volitile craziness of this presidency maybe but not dumb. I do you're underestimating the size of the ranks of crazies among his followers. Also, unlike some person in California, Trump can start actual wars.

Comment

It's the same as most other things with Trump. It's normal for this dumbass to say stupid things all the time, so he gets a pass.

Comment

No, I'm not concerned.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It doesn't sounds dumb, a bit naive or conditioned to the volitile craziness of this presidency maybe but not dumb. I do you're underestimating the size of the ranks of crazies among his followers. Also, unlike some person in California, Trump can start actual wars.
                        I do believe he has a number of crazy followers. I think many of them support many of the things he talks about - like border walls or putting America first. I also think they tend to be the gun owners with "from my cold dead hands" quotes on their walls who are all in for "freedom" and would turn on him in a heartbeat if he every actually tried to pull something that they saw as threatening their freedom - like making himself dictator.

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        It's the same as most other things with Trump. It's normal for this dumbass to say stupid things all the time, so he gets a pass.
                        I kind of agree that he gets a pass - but he also doesn't. And what I mean by that is there aren't necessarily immediate consequences that are overt and obvious. But with every dumbass comment he makes, he further cements his reputation as a dumbass. He has to be taken somewhat seriously because he is currently in a position of power and has some loyal followers - but those comments also erode his power and position, in my view, as they reveal him as the dumbass that he is.

Comment

No, I'm not concerned.
                          Yeah, you’ve morphed into becoming all about normalizing and dismissing all the reckless and dangerous shit Trump does and says. Not cool.

Comment

• https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0432554c37eaf

I think Chris Matthews is about as loony as Trump is. I mean, the stuff he says is just as dumb - just less inflammatory.

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews said Monday that President Donald Trump could resign as part of a deal with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Matthews said Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump could be the “next dominoes to fall” in the investigation and could face prosecution and possible prison time.

Then, he speculated:

“But what if the prosecutor were to offer the president an alternative. What if he were to say he would let the children walk if the old man does the same? That would mean giving up the presidency in exchange for acquittals all around ― not just for himself, but for all his kids.”

He said Trump may have to take a page out of the book of former Vice President Spiro Agnew, who resigned in 1973 as part of a deal with prosecutors to avoid prison time in a tax evasion case.

“Leverage the office while you still have it,” Matthews advised.

“So let’s watch the probable events of the coming weeks bring all this to a breaking point,” he said. “It is going to be historic.”

Comment

Yeah, you’ve morphed into becoming all about normalizing and dismissing all the reckless and dangerous shit Trump does and says. Not cool.
                              I don't think I am normalizing it. I just don't see the value in getting too worked up about it. Trump isn't going to stop saying stupid things. I think, for the most part, very few people believe the crazy things he says.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0432554c37eaf

I think Chris Matthews is about as loony as Trump is. I mean, the stuff he says is just as dumb - just less inflammatory.
                                Can't see Mueller having authority to drop charges against the kids if there is anything real there.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X