Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    We don’t need Iran’s oil. Texas now has the largest oil producing field in the world and it’s ramping up big time.
    Besides Venezuela's oil is closer. Maybe we could get Mexico to build us a pipeline as well as pay for the wall.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

We don’t need Iran’s oil. Texas now has the largest oil producing field in the world and it’s ramping up big time.
      Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      I don't think it's about oil nearly as much as it is about John Bolton just being a fan of war.
      Sigh.

You two need to brush up on history.

"So where is the oil going to come from? ... The Middle East, with two-thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies." --Dick Cheney

"[Iran] is a very wealthy country. Enormous oil reserves. They can finance, largely finance the reconstruction of their own country. And I have no doubt that they will." --Richard Perle

"There is a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be US taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the [Iranian] people. We are talking about a country that can really finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon." --Paul Wolfowitz

"It is unimaginable that the United States would have to contribute hundreds of billions of dollars and highly unlikely that we would have to contribute even tens of billions of dollars." --Ken Pollack

"Slam dunk." --George Tenet
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Sigh.

You two need to brush up on history.

"So where is the oil going to come from? ... The Middle East, with two-thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies." --Dick Cheney

"[Iran] is a very wealthy country. Enormous oil reserves. They can finance, largely finance the reconstruction of their own country. And I have no doubt that they will." --Richard Perle

"There is a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be US taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the [Iranian] people. We are talking about a country that can really finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon." --Paul Wolfowitz

"It is unimaginable that the United States would have to contribute hundreds of billions of dollars and highly unlikely that we would have to contribute even tens of billions of dollars." --Ken Pollack

"Slam dunk." --George Tenet
        By history, you mean things said before fracking turned the oil market upside down? The Saudis lost. We’ve known that since 2015 when they didn’t succeed in breaking the American oil companies that were fracking. We have so much oil we are exporting it, thanks to Obama.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

By history, you mean things said before fracking turned the oil market upside down? The Saudis lost. We’ve known that since 2015 when they didn’t succeed in breaking the American oil companies that were fracking. We have so much oil we are exporting it, thanks to Obama.
          Don't make me pivot to my "spreading democracy" talking points!
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

The oil market has changed so much it almost makes me wonder if Bolton is agitating for a dispute to shut down the Strait of Hormuz in order to increase prices to benefit American oil producers.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• About time someone puts a stop to funding this train going nowhere...

Trump administration pulls $1 billion from California rail project
              The Trump administration canceled nearly $1 billion Thursday in federal money for California's high-speed rail project, further throwing into question the future of the ambitious plan to connect Los Angeles and San Francisco.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom immediately pledged to take the administration to court, though the state has not yet filed a lawsuit.
              [...]
              Federal officials said California has repeatedly failed to make "reasonable progress" and had abandoned the original vision for the rail line.

The state "has not demonstrated the ability to complete the project, let alone deliver it by the end of 2022," Ronald Batory, administrator of the railroad administration, wrote in a letter to rail officials.

The $1 billion represents about one-twelfth of the money the state was counting on to pay for the initial 119-mile stretch of tracks.

California voters first approved nearly $10 billion in bonds for the high-speed rail project in 2008, and it's been plagued by cost overruns and delays since. It's been paid for with federal money, bond dollars and revenue from the state's cap-and-trade program that requires polluters to pay to emit greenhouse gases.
              [...]
              https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...oject-n1006766

Texas' private funded high speed rail seems to be still on track...

Houston, we have a project: Texas’ high-speed railway

Texas’ ongoing high-speed project has recently been named among the top infrastructure projects in a Strategic 100 Global Infrastructure Report. Here is a look at the project and how it is bidding to become America’s first high-speed rail network.

It is the second most populated state in the United States of America, with some 28 million residents. If it were a country, its governor has suggested it would have the tenth highest GDP in the world. But as both the economy and population of the southern state of Texas expands, its transportation links are facing increasing pressure.

As things stand roughly half of Texas’ population is linked by Interstate 45, a single highway that runs from Dallas in the north to Houston and Galveston, on the Texas Gulf Coast.

The current journey time between Houston and Dallas ranges from between three and a half, to five and a half hours – though travel times are expected to exceed six hours in coming years as traffic increases.

In 2016, the route was ranked America’s second deadliest highway based on federal road safety data analysed by the research firm ValuePenguin.
              [...]
              Texas bullet train

But out of the congestion, delays, and in some instances tragedy, comes a new, first-of-its kind project by the private company Texas Central: a 200mph high-speed bullet train line that will shuttle passengers between Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston, with a midway stop at Brazos Valley – all in just 90 minutes.
              The project, dubbed the first true high-speed train in the United States is unusual in that it will rely largely on private capital, though some funding has been provided by entities backed by the Japanese Government.

It was recently named among the world’s top infrastructure projects in advocacy group CG/LA’s 2019 Strategic 100 Global Infrastructure Report, “testament”, says Keith, “to the hard work of hundreds of experts coming together from around the US and around the globe to build something new and exciting that will take Texas into the future.”

“The Texas Train will drive the emergence of a ‘super economy’ combining the economic might of Houston and Dallas with the institutional brain power of the ninth largest research institution in the country with the stop near Texas A&M University in the Brazos Valley,” Keith adds.
              [...]
              https://www.railway-technology.com/f...speed-railway/
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Actual Libertarian GOP congressman says Trump should be impeached.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.), a critic of President Trump who has entertained a run against him in 2020, became the first Republican congressman to say the president “engaged in impeachable conduct” based on the Mueller report.

The Michigan lawmaker, often the lone Trump dissenter on his side of the House aisle, shared his conclusions in a lengthy Twitter thread Saturday after reviewing the full report by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

Amash wrote that after reading the 448-page report, he had concluded that not only did Mueller’s team show Trump attempting to obstruct justice, but that Attorney General William P. Barr had “deliberately misrepresented” the findings. He added that “few members of Congress even read Mueller’s report.”

“Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” Amash wrote.
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.656b1d2cfeee

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  Actual Libertarian GOP congressman says Trump should be impeached.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Actual Libertarian GOP congressman says Trump should be impeached.

Hmm... I wonder why Justin Amash is such a critic of President Drumpf.

Bummer... the Drumpf trade war with China can't be good for the family tool import business.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      Don't listen to Romney... Someone told him that a Drumpf cabinet position is opening up and he might have a chance this time. He is back on the Drumpf train this week.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Don't listen to Romney... Someone told him that a Drumpf cabinet position is opening up and he might have a chance this time. He is back on the Drumpf train this week.
                        Wrong. Mitt still thinks Trump is a verifiable piece of shit.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• UT bot is highlighting a conspiratorial claim against the one real and sane libertarian who holds public office. Does not compute.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Hmm... I wonder why Justin Amash is such a critic of President Drumpf.

Bummer... the Drumpf trade war with China can't be good for the family tool import business.
                            yeah, trade is bad. emperor Trump has taught you well.

Comment

• Good call, Uncle Ted. I have always found that the best place to look for balanced, accurate information is a political opponent's TV ads.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                UT bot is highlighting a conspiratorial claim against the one real and sane libertarian who holds public office. Does not compute.
                                It only doesn't compute if you hold onto the thought that Ted is a libertarian.

Comment

Working...
                                X